Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: Jets working out David Garrard

  1. -41
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    989
    vCash:
    3935
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Matt Moore's response to Joe Rose when asked if he gave the Jets any consideration.
    The Jets wont find many that want to deal with the mess they have going on. As of right now they still only have 10 returning starters...26+ holes to fill with less that 6mil. No way they could have given Moore the 4mil per.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Matt Moore's response to Joe Rose when asked if he gave the Jets any consideration.
    what do you think he's going to say? this is a guy who has never been in a playoff race and he's taking shots against a better organization? he's better off in Miami w/o any pressure to win.

    ---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    The Jets wont find many that want to deal with the mess they have going on. As of right now they still only have 10 returning starters...26+ holes to fill with less that 6mil. No way they could have given Moore the 4mil per.
    If we had cap space we'd see people lining up, it's all about money. Right now we don't have money to throw around which is why you will be getting FAs. Good luck w/ that, hopefully you do as well as last years offseason champ Tampa Bay.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    Why did it have to be snakes?

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    13,773
    vCash:
    40133
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The Jets aren't shopping Revis because of their awful salary cap situation, they're shopping him because he wants to get out of the clown car.

    And you're damn right I hope we do as well as Tampa Bay did last offseason. Vincent Jackson was an excellent signing, he is a damn good player. Had like 1,400 yards and almost 20 YPC with 8 touchdowns and completely changed that offense. Josh Freeman would be bait right now if Jackson hadn't signed there.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    The Jets want to trade cornerback Darrelle Revis. Revis doesnít want to be traded.
    Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports fills in the obvious blanks created by the broad philosophical divide, reporting that the lack of cooperation between the Jets and the playerís agents is making it harder to make something happen.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-mill/page/2/

    Revis wants to stay.

    You can have all the meaningless stats you want, TB was 7-9 and lost 5 of their last 6 to miss the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,609
    vCash:
    19142
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    but wouldn't the great Matt Moore think he can start in NY over the terrible Sanchez?
    It's possible. If McElroy can start over Sanchez, why is it so hard to believe Moore could too?



    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    It's possible. If McElroy can start over Sanchez, why is it so hard to believe Moore could too?
    he didn't beat Mark out, he replaced him late in a lost season. That's very different.

    Moore is a "good" #s guy on bad teams, he's not beating any QB out.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,609
    vCash:
    19142
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he didn't beat Mark out, he replaced him late in a lost season. That's very different.

    Moore is a "good" #s guy on bad teams, he's not beating any QB out.
    Not to me. Having a starting QB who you claim can win be replaced by an inexperienced guy like McElroy, that is never a good thing. Especially when it happened more than once.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,889
    vCash:
    9563
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    what do you think he's going to say? this is a guy who has never been in a playoff race and he's taking shots against a better organization? he's better off in Miami w/o any pressure to win.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,889
    vCash:
    9563
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As we have witnessed over the last 10 months, Junc's anger has reached a breaking point because he realizes the Jets pretty decent run over the last 10 years is coming to an end. It pains him even more to see the Dolphins are clearly becoming the team of the future in the AFC East.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,232
    vCash:
    21000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Not to me. Having a starting QB who you claim can win be replaced by an inexperienced guy like McElroy, that is never a good thing. Especially when it happened more than once.
    Again, the season was lost. No QB would have had success w/ the healthy talent we had in Nov/Dec.

    How did it happen more than once?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    As we have witnessed over the last 10 months, Junc's anger has reached a breaking point because he realizes the Jets pretty decent run over the last 10 years is coming to an end. It pains him even more to see the Dolphins are clearly becoming the team of the future in the AFC East.
    I wouldn't call it anger, I'm disappointed w/ what I saw last year and probably will be disappointed in what I see this year but I know we won't be down long.

    as far as Miami being the future, I have been hearing that since the day I began posting here almost 10 years ago. I will believe it when I see it.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. David Garrard Signs with Jets
    By foozool13 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 11:08 AM
  2. David Garrard
    By gdiaz0358 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 02:26 PM
  3. Why not David Garrard?
    By ClemsonDolphinS in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 01:54 PM
  4. David Garrard?
    By Thebignate5 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 12:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •