Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jets working out David Garrard

1. -41
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Matt Moore's response to Joe Rose when asked if he gave the Jets any consideration.
    The Jets wont find many that want to deal with the mess they have going on. As of right now they still only have 10 returning starters...26+ holes to fill with less that 6mil. No way they could have given Moore the 4mil per.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Moore's response to Joe Rose when asked if he gave the Jets any consideration.
    what do you think he's going to say? this is a guy who has never been in a playoff race and he's taking shots against a better organization? he's better off in Miami w/o any pressure to win.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    The Jets wont find many that want to deal with the mess they have going on. As of right now they still only have 10 returning starters...26+ holes to fill with less that 6mil. No way they could have given Moore the 4mil per.
    If we had cap space we'd see people lining up, it's all about money. Right now we don't have money to throw around which is why you will be getting FAs. Good luck w/ that, hopefully you do as well as last years offseason champ Tampa Bay.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The Jets aren't shopping Revis because of their awful salary cap situation, they're shopping him because he wants to get out of the clown car.

And you're damn right I hope we do as well as Tampa Bay did last offseason. Vincent Jackson was an excellent signing, he is a damn good player. Had like 1,400 yards and almost 20 YPC with 8 touchdowns and completely changed that offense. Josh Freeman would be bait right now if Jackson hadn't signed there.
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Jets want to trade cornerback Darrelle Revis. Revis doesnít want to be traded.
    Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports fills in the obvious blanks created by the broad philosophical divide, reporting that the lack of cooperation between the Jets and the playerís agents is making it harder to make something happen.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-mill/page/2/

Revis wants to stay.

You can have all the meaningless stats you want, TB was 7-9 and lost 5 of their last 6 to miss the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    but wouldn't the great Matt Moore think he can start in NY over the terrible Sanchez?
    It's possible. If McElroy can start over Sanchez, why is it so hard to believe Moore could too?

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    It's possible. If McElroy can start over Sanchez, why is it so hard to believe Moore could too?
    he didn't beat Mark out, he replaced him late in a lost season. That's very different.

Moore is a "good" #s guy on bad teams, he's not beating any QB out.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    he didn't beat Mark out, he replaced him late in a lost season. That's very different.

Moore is a "good" #s guy on bad teams, he's not beating any QB out.
    Not to me. Having a starting QB who you claim can win be replaced by an inexperienced guy like McElroy, that is never a good thing. Especially when it happened more than once.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what do you think he's going to say? this is a guy who has never been in a playoff race and he's taking shots against a better organization? he's better off in Miami w/o any pressure to win.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As we have witnessed over the last 10 months, Junc's anger has reached a breaking point because he realizes the Jets pretty decent run over the last 10 years is coming to an end. It pains him even more to see the Dolphins are clearly becoming the team of the future in the AFC East.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Not to me. Having a starting QB who you claim can win be replaced by an inexperienced guy like McElroy, that is never a good thing. Especially when it happened more than once.
    Again, the season was lost. No QB would have had success w/ the healthy talent we had in Nov/Dec.

How did it happen more than once?

As we have witnessed over the last 10 months, Junc's anger has reached a breaking point because he realizes the Jets pretty decent run over the last 10 years is coming to an end. It pains him even more to see the Dolphins are clearly becoming the team of the future in the AFC East.
    I wouldn't call it anger, I'm disappointed w/ what I saw last year and probably will be disappointed in what I see this year but I know we won't be down long.

as far as Miami being the future, I have been hearing that since the day I began posting here almost 10 years ago. I will believe it when I see it.
    Quote Quote