Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Armando Salguero: Ireland deserves praise

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have holes at 4 out of the 5 most important positions in the NFL: WR, CB, T, and DE. Praise the man!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nobody's laughing any harder than me I promise you(topic). I feel as though Ross/Ireland have sapped me of any hope I have left. I've come to almost expect failure. Our 'Fins track record says it all....."BUT I'M HANGIN ON"!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lets see where Ireland stands in 58 days.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    all of those teams w/ the exception of oakland have been playoff teams and a buch won SBs, what good is cap room if you don't know how to use it?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Yes thank you Ireland, we have been enjoying 7-9 seasons and poor drafts from you. Who wouldn't like those things? Oh but your supporters are doing a spin job in the levels of nyjunc about your tenure here, it was the Pat Riley plan all along to suck for 4 years straight and have cap space in 2013 for the likes of Jennings (always injured), Bowe (drops everything), and Wallace (a borderline one dimensional star).
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's called robbing Peter to pay Paul.

He has the cap space because he is losing possibly 7 starters in FA, 32% of his starting team.

So he needs to replace them (even by re-signing a couple) in FA and the draft plus find 3-4 quality starters to upgrade to make the playoffs, IMO.

So we are looking at finding as many as 10-11 starters including re-signs.

This by a guy who has been good for 2-4 per year the last 5 years.

Good luck with that....
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No threats at WR, no talent on the books at CB, a QB on his rookie deal, no explosive offensive players under contract...by damn Id hope we have some cap space.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Hah. Getting rid of starters and not replacing them to save money is praiseworthy? Really? Like doing so is a difficult task? GMs, as I understand it, earn praise by building teams that contend for an extended period of time.
    The positive view on Ireland is so fictitious. First he gets no blame for the first 3 years because of Parcells, people actually absolve him from any wrong doing during that time.. . . then he gets no blame for bringing in terrible talent at skills positions, yet we want to praise him for having cap room this year? Well no ****. Meanwhile the Patriots are restructuring Tom Brady to probably make a run at Mike Wallace . . . I guess their GM deserves no props because they technically "restructured" and didn't keep quiet like the Dolphins. Must be painful to actually bring in talent and have to figure out how to keep that talent rather than be void of talent at several positions and remain still.

I'm glad the situation has presented himself like it has though, because the excuses for this GM we have are never ending. It's win/win for me . . . if he hits this offseason out of the park, the Fins will be a good team and I could care less about Ireland protectors saying "I told you so". However if he wets the bed like he has been, atleast we'll probably be in for a new GM . . . unfortunately he won't have the luxuries that Ireland has this year . . . but I guess Jeff "earned" it.

BTW, Armando is god awful at what he does.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Campbell, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Lets see where Ireland stands in 58 days.
    I think that's the prevailing attitude for many of us around here. It's mostly a bunch of noise until some actual moves are made.

I'm really curious to see whether our free agent signings tie our hands for the draft. If we don't get some improvement in each of our major positional needs during free agency, then we're almost forced to reach based on positional need during the draft. For example, if we don't at least partially fix the WR position during free agency, we won't have as much freedom with our first pick. That's drafting from a position of weakness. I want to enter the draft feeling good about going after the BPA. We can pretend that PR doesn't factor into a GM's decisions on draft day, but if we don't get a solid FA receiver and then don't draft one on day 1? There's no way Ireland and company will want to weather that firestorm, even if waiting until day 2 might be the better overall move.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    The positive view on Ireland is so fictitious. First he gets no blame for the first 3 years because of Parcells, people actually absolve him from any wrong doing during that time.. . . then he gets no blame for bringing in terrible talent at skills positions, yet we want to praise him for having cap room this year? Well no ****. Meanwhile the Patriots are restructuring Tom Brady to probably make a run at Mike Wallace . . . I guess their GM deserves no props because they technically "restructured" and didn't keep quiet like the Dolphins. Must be painful to actually bring in talent and have to figure out how to keep that talent rather than be void of talent at several positions and remain still.

I'm glad the situation has presented himself like it has though, because the excuses for this GM we have are never ending. It's win/win for me . . . if he hits this offseason out of the park, the Fins will be a good team and I could care less about Ireland protectors saying "I told you so". However if he wets the bed like he has been, atleast we'll probably be in for a new GM . . . unfortunately he won't have the luxuries that Ireland has this year . . . but I guess Jeff "earned" it.

BTW, Armando is god awful at what he does.
    That's exactly why I get so damn annoyed with all this "we have the most cap space since his tenure year blah blah blah" crap they're trying to spin to us. Hello, we have like 10 holes out there.

Then they try to sell to us that our mediocre free agents are actually good players and we should re-sign them to the deals they want. Yeah, to defend Ireland previous drafts they call our mediocre players "good".
    Quote Quote