Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Armando Salguero: Ireland deserves praise

1. -21
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Armando says... (Fill in the Blank)// End Thread
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Watch how many Armando bashers praise him now!
    First thing that popped into my mind.

Armando makes a article slamming Miami: hes scum of the earth who cant write.
    Armando makes an article praising Ireland: great guy!

People on here are to funny.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mando's a moron; Omar is a racist moron for that matter. If it's other than factual straight reporting of occurences, personally I can give a **** what either of these imbeciles think!

Given that, Dlox makes a good case that there's often a correlation between cap space and starting line up holes. Presently Ireland is on the negative side of the Dividing Line although not as much after last season's draft. Let's see what he does with all the cap space and early round draft picks cuz this is "sink or
    swim"

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So we're praising him because both Jake Long and Sean Smith were so bad that we have to even think about whether to resign them or not and that all that dead money from wasted FA contracts (how are you spending that money Jake Grove?) no longer with the team have FINALLY fallen off the books. Plus we don't have a #1 RB or a #1 WR.

Basically we're praising him for bumbling like one of the 3 stooges into this off season cap space. I just don't get it.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Armando Salguero: Ireland deserves praise

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post

Yes thank you Ireland, we have been enjoying 7-9 seasons and poor drafts from you. Who wouldn't like those things? Oh but your supporters are doing a spin job in the levels of nyjunc about your tenure here, it was the Pat Riley plan all along to suck for 4 years straight and have cap space in 2013 for the likes of Jennings (always injured), Bowe (drops everything), and Wallace (a borderline one dimensional star).
    This.

I enjoy mediocre football...4 Losing seasons is great...
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    One reason we have so much cap is because we have pretty big holes at positions and that many of the guys we have drafted are not worth the price to resign.
    Look at we may not want to resign our starting RB, our LT,our DE, our starting cb, our backup qb and we no longer have a top receiver or any depth there.
    I mean seriously doesnt that account for most of our cap space. i give credit to a degree because he did somewhat fix the mess he made but lets not act like huge holes havent help create this cap space.
    No to mention if u dont resign your draft picks im sure most teams would have cap space.
    Game, set, match.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just because you can spend, this doesn't mean you will spend wisely. Look at the state of our country.

Ireland needs to prove he can make the right moves to build a contending team. He has his work cut out for him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Ireland is one of the league's best GM's. But, having lived through the days of completely horrible GM's and picking trash players in every round year after year. After continually yelling "AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! ... WTF!?!?!??" after each selection where we bypassed a good player to select a bum, I'm quite happy to have a decent NFL GM. I disliked the Merling pick, the White pick, the Misi pick (I was literally jumping up and down screaming to draft Rob Gronkowski), and many many other choices he's made. But, at the end of the day, we went decades with little or no real talent from the draft, trading picks for Dante Culpepper and AJ Feeley (the backup QB from Philly ... he was here so shortly I may have the wrong initials), and other laughable players. I'm most happy to NOT be the Jets, to NOT be the team that traded for Tebow, to NOT be thought of as #buttfumble, and NOT know that the players selected imediately before and after our selection were always the better picks.

Sure, if Dimitrov (sp?) would come here, I'd take him in a second. But he isn't coming. Looking at the recent hires like Idzik, I think Ireland isn't a particularly poor GM. He's a good cap manager and he's a decent to good talent selector. I'd rather we have Jimmy Johnson calling the draft shots, but he's not available either. So, I'm OK with Ireland. But, I look at him the same way he looks at players ... if I have a chance for an upgrade I'd take it, cut Ireland, wish him well, give him a good recommendation, and move on.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would rather have atrocious cap management and a Superbowl
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    One things for sure, these guys really know how to get a reaction out of fans, positive or negative. Hook, line, sinker.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote