Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Armando Salguero: Ireland deserves praise

1. -51
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post
    I find this subject kind of comical... The main reason Ireland has put us in such a good position cap wise is because for the most part he's avoided overpaying for players in free agency... now all the experts and fans expect him to go wild and spend all his 40m ish... not going to happen
    He overpaid for Garrard and Richard Marshall, but outside of them, I can agree for the most part. Hopefully he doesn't overpay FAs this year either, and that includes the likes of Long and Smith.

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    He overpaid for Garrard and Richard Marshall, but outside of them, I can agree for the most part. Hopefully he doesn't overpay FAs this year either, and that includes the likes of Long and Smith.

Well on a minor level he overpaid Murtha and Hicks neither was worth 2 million a year
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im just going to read this thread, not going to say anything else on the ireland issue for Lockz to jump down my throat

NOTHING to see here

However Armando kinda re-iterates my point made on multiple threads that Ireland played his hand for this season....if he sits on the money thats a nother storey but Hell its not even free agency yet
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    We overpaid for Dansby. He's been a good player but there's no doubt we overpaid, given he's scheduled to make $3 million more than Patrick Willis over the next two years (both deals were signed in 2010). It's often what happens when a guy signs for the first team he visits in free agency. You have to overpay.

Now, as for the more obvious failures. We gave Jake Grove $14 million guaranteed (for which he delivered a total of 12 games). Justin Smiley got $9 million guaranteed (for 15 games). Gibril Wilson likewise got $9 million guaranteed (he played in all 16 games -- unfortunately). Does somebody want to argue there were other teams knocking down the door to sign these guys? 'Cause I could use a nice laugh.

Richard Marshall is just the latest in a long line of **** covered breadcrumbs. But then, there are people will tell you this was Ireland's first year with the team so the history of such incompetence isn't relevant.
    I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    We overpaid for Dansby. He's been a good player but there's no doubt we overpaid, given he's scheduled to make $3 million more than Patrick Willis over the next two years (both deals were signed in 2010). It's often what happens when a guy signs for the first team he visits in free agency.

Now, as for the more obvious failures. We gave Jake Grove $14 million guaranteed (for which he delivered a total of 12 games). Justin Smiley got $9 million guaranteed (for 15 games). Gibril Wilson likewise got $9 million guaranteed (he played in all 16 games -- unfortunately). Does somebody want to argue there were other teams knocking down the door to sign these guys? 'Cause I could use a nice laugh.

Richard Marshall is just the latest in a long line of **** covered breadcrumbs. But then, there are people will tell you this was Ireland's first year with the team so the history of such incompetence isn't relevant.
    Cant believe everyone is forgetting the big one: Marc Colombo walked out of here with a cool $2 million.

Anyone who believes he wasnt overpaid clearly didnt watch what happened that season.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Cant believe everyone is forgetting the big one: Marc Colombo walked out of here with a cool $2 million.

Anyone who believes he wasnt overpaid clearly didnt watch what happened that season.
    I was trying to stick to the big failed contracts. For brevity.

Colombo was horrible but at least he played. Eric Green and his two year, six million dollar deal didn't even make it out of training camp, thus he seems to have been forgotten. Only half of Green's deal was in yearly salary which means a nice big 'ol steaming chunk of it was in bonuses.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

Worst FA signing ever.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Matthew Santos: Shadows in a Shoebox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV9yPc_EYw
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Can't forget Ernest wilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I post on a dolphins site, an overzealous mod didn't like me questioning his "power" and banned me for the week. been posting there since 2004 and have never been banned. I was wronged and now I don't think I will post there again and it will be their loss. .
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Worst FA signing ever.
    sorry, I don't agree. but signing him wasn't the problem. Tony starting him was the problem.

Quote Quote  

10. -60
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    sorry, I don't agree. but signing him wasn't the problem. Tony starting him was the problem.
    Pretty difficult to start guys you don't sign.

My pet conspiracy theory on the Colombo signing is that Sparano wanted him and Ireland signed off on it as a way of giving Sparano a way to hang himself with Ross... something Ireland could point to as a way to shift blame for the team's failures from him to Sparano.

Probably not the way it went down (after all, someone devious enough to come up with such a scheme is probably not dumb enough to gloat about drafting Patrick Turner), but it's the romantic in me.
    Quote Quote