Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Videos of every Hartline target and reception 2012

1. -11
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this was good stuff, thanks. i wonder how often we threw into the endzone compared to others teams?

This has me liking Hartline even more. I do not see our problem as "Hartline not being a number one" as much as we did not have a 2nd outside WR period. Hartline got 74 catches, Bess had 61 then the next WR we have is WR R Matthews tied with FB J Lane with 11 catches. We need a real WR who can line up outside, get 50 catches and allow Bess to go back to the slot. Adding either a speedster or "simply" a 2nd good WR will help a lot.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    What excuse is there for the previous season and half of the season before that?
    Hartline has 2 tds in the last 42 games
    Um....I believe Chad Henne, Henning, and Sporano are legitimate excuses. Look at his production with better QB play, better play calling and a better game plan. He still has upside potential.....IMO
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we cant/dont get Jennings/Wallace then I go with Draft pick and Ryan Swope with Hartline. But either way, Hartline should be in the four man rotation. its really not a matter of scoring TD's but he was the man in a weak WR team. everyone knows this. pay the man. He is asking half of the others.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think everyone that wants Hartline to walk will be very sorry they did.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    If we cant/dont get Jennings/Wallace then I go with Draft pick and Ryan Swope with Hartline. But either way, Hartline should be in the four man rotation. its really not a matter of scoring TD's but he was the man in a weak WR team. everyone knows this. pay the man. He is asking half of the others.
    If we can't get Wallace, Jennings or Bowe then we should probably use our first 2 picks on wideout.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks fanfin for the excellent compilations. Thank you also Max Lukas for making them (and I hope you're on phinheaven!). I have to question whether these are all the targets for Hartline though, as I seem to remember a few more. These underscore several things for me.

Hartline:
    1. Best sideline footwork in the NFL, we would be foolish to waste this in the slot. The QB can throw the ball out of boundes and Hartline catches it with his feet in bounds consistently. That's virtually indefensable.
    2. Great route runner. The WCO demands a lot of timing routes and precisely run routes. Hartline was phenomenal at this, always running to the correct spot, always breaking his routes correctly and at the right time, always being where the QB wants him to be.
    3. Defends his QB's pass. Hartline routinely comes back to the ball when the QB intentionally throws him open short. This doesn't sound like much but I'd say at least 1/3 of the NFL fails to do this and it causes interceptions.
    4. Good hands. Hartline seems to have exceptional hands, consistently coming down with the ball in traffic and making catches at full stretch. He sacrafices his body willingly and holds onto the ball. He fumbled once (Stephon Gilmore with the strip and Jarius Byrd with the recovery ... I'd love to hav ethose two players!). But, it seems that a few non-catches are missing from these montages. Perhaps it's just my memory failing, but I thought he had a few more bounce off his hands.
    5. Good downfield blocker. These highlights don't show it because Hartline is the target, but he's a very good downfield blocker. Willing and capable, he is the type of WR that would allow a great RAC guy to break plays long. Cordarrelle Patterson would love him.
    6. Can't run the fade effectively in the red zone. Sure, he's 6'2 and has a little speed, but CB's seem to elevate and bat the ball away on the short red zone field. They also get an arm into the catch and rip/rake it away.
    7. Can be single covered. Hartline can abuse some CB's in single coverage, even good ones like Aqib Talib, but some athletic corners can blanket him effectively. This is true of all WR's, but it's worth noting.

Tannehill:
    1. Perfectly in sync with Hartline. They both read the play the same way and are on the same page. Makes for an incredibly smooth battery.
    2. Only 1 pass even had a chance to be intercepted. When a QB throws a WR for 1k yardage and has zero INT's and only 1 that even had a chance to be intercepted, that's dominant by coaching standards. How do you let that WR walk in free agency? Answer: you don't. Unless there were more targets not shown, this is the most impressive part of these videos--that Tannehill correctly threw the ball where it could not be intercepted a ton of times, Hartline made tremendous catches in traffic or toe-hangers over the sideline and we never put the ball at risk.

People see Hartline as white and without true deep speed. They immediately think he's a below-average receiver and probably best in the slot, neither of which is correct. Hartline is definitely an outside receiver. He has a little speed and makes tremendous hands catches even when contested in traffic. The WCO requires precise route running, understanding and awareness to break your routes correctly, and good hands. Hartline is exceptional at all of these areas. I can't see Philbin and Sherman letting Hartline go. Ireland wants to hold onto him to prove he can find acorns. Hartline is a good receiver who will be resigned IMHO.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Idk, I watched the videos and was reminded why I don't want Brian Hartline back. This guy was not explosive. He is not powerful. He falls down after every catch. He is basically a run stop and turn possession WR that we can have in Matthews or Binns. After noticing this repetitive play, I took Hartline back off my Mock Offseason as a possible re-signee. I do not want Brian Hartline back. Not even for $3.5mil. I'd rather give Binns what he's getting than to pay for the underwhelming WR Brian Hartline was. I appreciate the videos and the post though. But it definitely helped convince me why I don't want Brian Hartline back.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The question is, is it Tannehills fault for overthrowing, or is it Hartlines fault for not being able to hit that next gear to go get it? I think That with a player with real speed Tannehill wont miss on those long throws. Fast WR's can get seperation which allows them to be able to adjust their speed accordingly and make a play on the ball. Hartline has no business going for deep balls. The only time he gets deep catches is off of blown coverages or if the throw is perfect and the CB is draped all over him. You'll never see him beat a CB and safety and catch it running for a long TD. But when you have a play break down he is a very reliable target, and he is money in 2 minute situations, he absolutely killed some CB's last year working the sidelines routes. I say keep him, put him where he belongs on the field, which is as a #2 against #2 Cbs, and let him do what he does well, because he is very good with Tannehill, and he very well could become an integral part of a playoff run.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sweet! I was tired of abusing melatonin, so I'll use this to fall asleep tonight
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by broccoli rob View Post
    Sweet! I was tired of abusing melatonin, so I'll use this to fall asleep tonight
    good one rob

Quote Quote