Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: What Are The Changes That Cordarrelle Patterson Will Be Available At 12?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0% chance

5 3.27%
  • 25% chance

22 14.38%
  • 50% chance

56 36.60%
  • 75% chance

47 30.72%
  • 100% chance

23 15.03%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cordarrelle Patterson: Our Changes...

1. -11
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Cime

OFF TOPIC:

(Bad News: The day before yesterday I had my regular visit with my doctor. Sadly I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. :-(

I am now taking 500 mg of Glucophage.

This medication works to lower the amount of sugar in the blood. It does this by lowering the amount of sugar produced in the liver, and also increasing the sensitivity of muscle cells to insulin. The cells are therefore more able to remove sugar from the blood. The drug also slows the absorption of sugars from the intestines; lowers blood sugar levels between and after meals.

Now I have to get on the ball - eat right, exercise and follow what my doctor says to the letter. I will beat this trust me)

- - > BACK TO TOPIC.
    Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything. Larry Csonka

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He will be available but we should pass -> Keenan Allen is the better player and #12 is still too early
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Best wide receiver in the draft and I think there's a 100% chance he's there. He's not a lineman though so he won't be a dolphin.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    Patterson > Allen. For a receiver, he's got incredible vision and he's very hard to bring down in the open field.
    if your playing vanderbilt
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    We need better LBs!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller
    I put 50% because he either is there at 12 or he isn't.

Patterson is the best WR in the draft by far and we need a WR.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    He will be available but we should pass -> Keenan Allen is the better player and #12 is still too early

Exactly. I just don't see what other do in Patterson. He catches the ball with his body too much. Much of what he did in college was also carrying the ball. He won't do that near as much at this level. He also tends to get stupid penalties...
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    I voted 50% that he will be there. I believe the the chance that we pick him should be less than 10%. Assuming we fill our biggest need in FA with Wallace or Jennings. Then we switch gears and get our shut-down corner with our 12th pick or a Left tackle. Pick up a solid reciever with a second or third pick. If we don't get a FA reciever, then we will again have a weak receiving corps. No matter who we choose, the reciever position will take a few years to master. Which will not help us next year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finheaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    Exactly. I just don't see what other do in Patterson. He catches the ball with his body too much. Much of what he did in college was also carrying the ball. He won't do that near as much at this level. He also tends to get stupid penalties...
    YAC is what we see. You make a decent point on the rushing yards though. The situation is similar to Tannehill at 8, Patterson will not be the BPA but the need and upside are there.

A&O good luck with your health.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    "Much" is such a relative term. If you mean that Patterson carried the ball a third of the time (compared to his receptions) than yes, "much" of what he did was carrying the ball. What I've seen doesn't take into account how many plays Patterson ran at receiver compared to in the backfield, or how many times he was targeted in relation to his receptions.

Considering that Percy Harvin, as an NFL receiver, has averaged 70 receptions per year and 26 carries per year, your argument that he won't do that "near as much at the next level" doesn't carry much weight.

So what if the guy can also run the ball? You're dogging the guy because he can do more than what is asked of him as a receiver? Patterson does tend to catch the ball with his body, when he has to shield off a defender.

He's the most talented receiver in this entire draft.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A&O View Post
    OFF TOPIC:

(Bad News: The day before yesterday I had my regular visit with my doctor. Sadly I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. :-(

I am now taking 500 mg of Glucophage.

This medication works to lower the amount of sugar in the blood. It does this by lowering the amount of sugar produced in the liver, and also increasing the sensitivity of muscle cells to insulin. The cells are therefore more able to remove sugar from the blood. The drug also slows the absorption of sugars from the intestines; lowers blood sugar levels between and after meals.

Now I have to get on the ball - eat right, exercise and follow what my doctor says to the letter. I will beat this trust me)

- - > BACK TO TOPIC.
    Atkins.
    Quote Quote