Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 4

1. -21
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

My attention sort of drifted when it came to this game, i decided to put it off until the new systems arrive.

Then i saw the trailers theyve been releasing in the meantime. Looks outstanding. Still holding off on grabbing it, but its damned tempting.
    I love how the cutscenes look ridiculously better than the actual gameplay.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The amazing world of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag has kept me gladly occupied for longer than any other game in the series, even though its story isn’t the strongest. At no point in my dozens of hours was I ever at a loss for something to do. Simply sailing wherever the wind takes me and seeing what sort of trouble I can get into is a complete joy. Beyond the underwhelming main campaign, Black Flag delivers a world brimming with gorgeous places to go, amazing secrets to discover, and nefarious pirates to stab.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...ck-flag-review

8.5 from IGN. 9.0 from Gamespot(which i no longer read as they tend to give away spoilers, but i went to the score). 4/5 from Joystiq.

Seems like Black Flag has the flaw of a lot of open world games: the open ended nature hurts the story. A worthy trade.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Yes waiting on the mail man to bring me this copy as well. GF is saving me alot of money this fall so far.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Any one else start this yet? I am about a couple of hours in so far so good.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry, i havent been able to update the Assassin's Creed 4 thread because ive been to busy playing Assassin's Creed 4 and should really end this post quick so i can get back to playing Assassin's Creed 4.

I jest, but everyone should get the point.

Despite my opening, i havent had all that much time to play(at least, not nearly as much as id like). But when i have, its been addicting. What an outstanding game. Exactly what the series needed. As its comparable to Far Cry 3(another superior game) i think i'll do what i did for that thread and just make a bunch of bullet points. Plus im a bit drunk and this is simpler. Disclaimer, im only 34% or so in, Ed Teach is now Blackbeard but i havent met Anne Bonny yet. I still cant do underwater diving and i still havent gotten the rope dart.

The good:

-Great graphics
    -Hunting is awesome and addicting...as expected. Especially harpooning. Ive actually bagged 2 white whales. Correctly, its hard as hell(i lost to one of them, the 2 i won were very close).
    -Shattering amount of content.
    -Fantastic characters and a much needed "light" story. Unlike Connor(contrary to most, i liked Connor), Edward doesnt give a ****. His goals and intentions can be summed up as: "**** you getting paid". Hes a total scumbag, knows hes a total scumbag, and doesnt give a **** about grand schemes and high ideals. Brilliant change.
    -Making the focus of the game to sea battles/exploration was a fantastic choice. For those worried this is all about ship fights, dont be, at the drop of a hat is switches to "traditional" Assassin's Creed combat when you have to board enemy ships.
    -The return of AC2 assassin's contracts.
    -Fixed the economy so you arent flooded with money.
    -Fixed stealth, although its largely optional, which can be good or bad.
    -Fixed combat, insofar as it can get actually difficult. Ive died a couple of times, not counting the ship-to-ship fights which ive experienced my fair share of deaths with.
    -Fixed the modern day stuff. So far anyways, though i cant imagine corporate espionage getting boring.
    -Treasure maps and bar fights, both are always awesome.
    -Eagle vision is useful now. Combination of previous games and Far Cry 3's tag system. You spot them in eagle vision and can continue to see them when its off.
    -Shattering amount of content. No, seriously, there a ****ing lot of stuff to do.
    -They brought back the Benjamin Franklin Almanac stuff, but this time they are Sea Shanties...which you crew bursts out singing when your out and about. On the list of "greatest ideas of mankind" this falls somewhere between stripper poles and democracy.

And theres more, but it slips my mind at the moment.

The bad:
    -Some of islands are a bit copy/paste. Mind you, not the island where you collect missions/hunt/grab quests/what have you. This is just very minor spots that hold crates with money or animus shards.
    -White whale and some community chests are online only. Not a problem but i still found that distasteful.
    -Blow dart is overpowered. Though that could be good or bad.
    -Bugs. Minor, even compared to the mess that was AC3. Nothing game breaking. In fact, as far as i can tell, this is the most polished AC game since 2. But still, you'll notice something every once in awhile.
    -Minor promises not kept by developer. The objective of every ship battle isnt to kill the captain, you have to whittle down its "health" and then you are given a set of objectives to complete when you start boarding it. Things like that. Again, relatively minor and nothing that cant be explained away as hyperbole, but a slight disappointment nonetheless.

So yeah, more good then bad. By far. Its not a completely new game to the series, you will still parkour and stab people, but its exactly what a sequel should be: fixed the problems, brought back the good, and explored new ideas. Every time ive played it ive had a difficult time stopping, always telling myself "this is the last thing" before i log off before i inevitably keep going. Anyone who has been disappointed in the series of late needs to buy this game.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Sorry, i havent been able to update the Assassin's Creed 4 thread because ive been to busy playing Assassin's Creed 4 and should really end this post quick so i can get back to playing Assassin's Creed 4.

I jest, but everyone should get the point.

Despite my opening, i havent had all that much time to play(at least, not nearly as much as id like). But when i have, its been addicting. What an outstanding game. Exactly what the series needed. As its comparable to Far Cry 3(another superior game) i think i'll do what i did for that thread and just make a bunch of bullet points. Plus im a bit drunk and this is simpler. Disclaimer, im only 34% or so in, Ed Teach is now Blackbeard but i havent met Anne Bonny yet. I still cant do underwater diving and i still havent gotten the rope dart.

The good:

-Great graphics
    -Hunting is awesome and addicting...as expected. Especially harpooning. Ive actually bagged 2 white whales. Correctly, its hard as hell(i lost to one of them, the 2 i won were very close).
    -Fantastic characters and a much needed "light" story. Unlike Connor(contrary to most, i liked Connor), Edward doesnt give a ****. His goals and intentions can be summed up as: "**** you getting paid". Hes a total scumbag, knows hes a total scumbag, and doesnt give a **** about grand schemes and high ideals. Brilliant change.
    -Making the focus of the game to sea battles/exploration was a fantastic choice. For those worried this is all about ship fights, dont be, at the drop of a hat is switches to "traditional" Assassin's Creed combat when you have to board enemy ships.
    -The return of AC2 assassin's contracts.
    -Fixed the economy so you arent flooded with money.
    -Fixed stealth, although its largely optional, which can be good or bad.
    -Fixed combat, insofar as it can get actually difficult. Ive died a couple of times, not counting the ship-to-ship fights which ive experienced my fair share of deaths with.
    -Fixed the modern day stuff. So far anyways, though i cant imagine corporate espionage getting boring.
    -Treasure maps and bar fights, both are always awesome.
    -Eagle vision is useful now. Combination of previous games and Far Cry 3's tag system. You spot them in eagle vision and can continue to see them when its off.
    -Shattering amount of content. No, seriously, there a ****ing lot of stuff to do.
    -They brought back the Benjamin Franklin Almanac stuff, but this time they are Sea Shanties...which you crew bursts out singing when your out and about. On the list of "greatest ideas of mankind" this falls somewhere between stripper poles and democracy.

And theres more, but it slips my mind at the moment.

The bad:
    -Some of islands are a bit copy/paste. Mind you, not the island where you collect missions/hunt/grab quests/what have you. This is just very minor spots that hold crates with money or animus shards.
    -White whale and some community chests are online only. Not a problem but i still found that distasteful.
    -Blow dart is overpowered. Though that could be good or bad.
    -Bugs. Minor, even compared to the mess that was AC3. Nothing game breaking. In fact, as far as i can tell, this is the most polished AC game since 2. But still, you'll notice something every once in awhile.
    -Minor promises not kept by developer. The objective of every ship battle isnt to kill the captain, you have to whittle down its "health" and then you are given a set of objectives to complete when you start boarding it. Things like that. Again, relatively minor and nothing that cant be explained away as hyperbole, but a slight disappointment nonetheless.

So yeah, more good then bad. By far. Its not a completely new game to the series, you will still parkour and stab people, but its exactly what a sequel should be: fixed the problems, brought back the good, and explored new ideas. Every time ive played it ive had a difficult time stopping, always telling myself "this is the last thing" before i log off before i inevitably keep going. Anyone who has been disappointed in the series of late needs to buy this game.
    Plus, having a pirate RPG is bad ass, especially since it isn't cheezy.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's good they implemented some new ideas as the series was starting to get stale for me.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ass Creed 4 is almost as addictive as Skyrim was.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, I beat it today. Hopefully now I can finally get some sleep.
    Quote Quote