Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Now that Starks is tagged I think we need to move Odrick to a 3-4 team

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    If the Fins really like Jared Odrick . . . he's another guy you resign early at a discount and hope to get the best out of him when either Randy or Paul (or both) part next season. His value continues to be the highest with the Fins because A. We used a first rounder on him and B. He gets paid peanuts ($700,000).

Well he doesnt really get paid peanuts. He signed a 5 year 13 million dollar contract , much of what he makes is bonus and guarantees. His cap value for this season is 2 million which is pretty fair for what he has done. I think after this season if they feel good about him they should resign him. He is still under contract for 2 more years
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The sad part about all of this is that we drafted Odrick in the first round - after passing on Dez Bryant, etc. And we are trying to "fit" this guy in somewhere so he can be an "ok" player for us? Or trade him for a 3rd round pick? Another Ireland medicore "value" special...
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royalshank View Post
    The sad part about all of this is that we drafted Odrick in the first round - after passing on Dez Bryant, etc. And we are trying to "fit" this guy in somewhere so he can be an "ok" player for us? Or trade him for a 3rd round pick? Another Ireland medicore "value" special...
    Repeat after me its all Parcells fault lol
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Well he doesnt really get paid peanuts. He signed a 5 year 13 million dollar contract , much of what he makes is bonus and guarantees. His cap value for this season is 2 million which is pretty fair for what he has done. I think after this season if they feel good about him they should resign him. He is still under contract for 2 more years
    Well see thats what I'm saying. Most of those guarantees have been paid out . . . so why trade the guy when he makes peanuts annually. His best value to us is right now.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    No way would he come that cheap.
    oh really...what you think starks would command in trade if he was under contract for one more year??? i bet it's not more than a 3rd rounder...and solia has been primarily a 2 down player...unlike starks
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Well see thats what I'm saying. Most of those guarantees have been paid out . . . so why trade the guy when he makes peanuts annually. His best value to us is right now.
    I agree trading another high draft pick for less than we put into him is beyond stupid at this point
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We should keep Odrick and he should play DT. It's very important to have 3 DTs in a 4-3 that can rotate and stay fresh to get interior pressure on the QB. The middle of our defense is by far the strength of the team and we shouldn't ruin that.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I got an offer I would do it.

He's DT depth. You can find DT depth.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could see Soliai going, seeing as he has a reasonable contract to trade at $6m/1y. There's not much of a chance of Odrick going anywhere, as Soliai and Starks are both 29, and their contracts expire after next season.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Odrick more as a 4-3 DT than as a 3-4 end, personally. His best destiny has always been as a one gap penetrating tackle who can get upfield but who also has enough strength to hold the point. He'll be much more effective this year as part of the rotation with Soliai and Starks, imo. Maybe the best 4-3 interior rotation in football.

However we chose to address the cornerback position this offseason it's liable to be a weakness all year. Being stout up the middle against the run will those guys out a lot. I agree with CK that you can find DT depth but I'd hold onto them all in a rotation for at least another year until we can figure out what the hell we're doing at CB.

What we need is an actual pass rushing threat on 3rd downs. Between Shelby and Vernon I think we can make it fly on run downs, but on third down neither one of those guys gives you all that much rushing the passer. Michael Johnson would have been a nice fit as a full time starter but I think he's going to get tagged if he hasn't already.

I was all about taking Bruce Irvin with our second last year but of course the Seahawks ****ed that up.

Quote Quote