Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hartline and Dolphins near deal....

1. -11
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    I rather save the money we would from signing Hartline at near 7 million per year and get Jennings instead. You can quote me on this, Matthews is going to beat out Hartline this offseason/preseason.
    you're dreaming. with hartline and bowe already off the market, jennings and wallace will both get over 10 mil a year.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In an offseason where Wallace is going to get twice that...6 mil isn't all that bad for Hartline. Interesting if it gets done to see if they will still make a play for Wallace/Jennings....or if they will look to solidify the position through the draft and spend there money elsewhere. Fact is we need more weapons though...if they don't go after Jennings/Wallace they should at least make it a priority to add one of the top TEs available
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never said Jennings will get 7 million, I said we could save the money from signing Hartline and pay Jennings instead, who is a far better player.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

7 million per year for Hartline? A guy that is going to get beat by Matthews this offseason IMO. Okay....
    I really hope you are right and Matthews emerges...but to expect Matthews to come in and be a 1,000 yard receiver next year like Hartline was this year...doubtful
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    I never said Jennings will get 7 million, I said we could save the money from signing Hartline and pay Jennings instead, who is a far better player.
    And why not have both?

if we sign wallace a possession receiver like Hartline will be important.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Heart line is must sign with how he and Tannyhill seemed to connect with each other during the season, but also not much competition so didn't have any other options. That being said would like to see him back if price is right. $6mill against the cap seems high so hope if he is signed would be lower cap number than that. Bess is player I just hate thinking Miami might lose because he just seems to always be open but has had injuries the last couple of years and that will hurt his chances of coming back, huge on 3rd downs.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    6 mil for 1 TD a year? What a joke.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Smart move. Now bring in a true #1 receiver and we'll finally have something. Plenty of people on here will bitch about 6 million per year but I think he's worth it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    I really hope you are right and Matthews emerges...but to expect Matthews to come in and be a 1,000 yard receiver next year like Hartline was this year...doubtful
    Hartline got 1000 because there was no other receiving options. I highly doubt he gets 1000 if Marshall was still here.

Let's not forget the fact he only caught one touchdown and we all can remember that touchdown was against the Cardinals, the day he got 250 something yards. Take away that game and Hartline averaged 55 yards per game the rest of the season and no touchdowns. IMPRESSIVE!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I too like the comfort level Tannehill seems to have with Hartline so I like the move. The thought of Tanny losing his running back, tight end, and go to receiver is a recipe for regression in his sophomore year so I'm ok with the move. Some added help either in the draft or breaking the bank for Wallace will be a bonus that will only help a young offense.
    24/7 365 day a year #1 Phinatic
    Quote Quote