Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 324

Thread: Hartline and Dolphins near deal....

  1. -31
    Digital's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,787
    vCash:
    7530
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All the silliness in this thread.

    Hartlune is a good receiver. He excels at the sideline routes, has better than average size and a little speed. He runs great routes, has good hands, and dependably produces yards and first downs. He blocks well, he does just about everything well. If he were 5'8, had his own reality TV show, or a personality disorder I'm guessing many on this board would love him.

    He isn't Calvin Johnson, but at 6M per year there are many higher paid WR's that are less productive. The whole argument that if you take out the Arizona game he is average puzzles me. It was the highest yardage game by a WR in MIAMI DOLPHIN HISTORY. D'ya think a day like that might pad a WR's stats a bit?

    I'm guessing that if you take a day like that away from any receiver his stats would go down dramatically, even great receivers like Andre Johnson, Roddy White, or Mike Wallace. So of course it is going to have an impact on a good but not great WR like Hartline.

    Get over the delusions of grandeur people. Wallace will be 13M to 14M per year, and Jennings probably 9.5 To 11.5M per year. Nothing about this deal suggests that anyone thinks Hartline is in that tier of legitimate #1 receivers.
    Last edited by Digital; 03-05-2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Internet keeps eating my paragraph breaks.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    sirvmac's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    552
    vCash:
    1443
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maaaaaaan. This better not be for more than 3mil/yr.
    What a waste of money
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    J Tes's Avatar
    next generation

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    2,303
    vCash:
    2537
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    I never said Jennings will get 7 million, I said we could save the money from signing Hartline and pay Jennings instead, who is a far better player.
    You know who did have a say in this matter and has forgotten more about football than you know is Joe Philbin. Last I checked he's coached both players the past 2 seasons and I'm sure he agreed that signing Hartline at roughly 6M/season was a much better deal than giving Jennings 10M
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,565
    vCash:
    746
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by beanh8er View Post
    Take away a guy's best game and his stats look worse? You don't say?



    "Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Joe_robbie#1's Avatar
    Polish Dolphan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    187
    vCash:
    1258
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    And both are superior players to Hartline. I don't like Wallace much but if it's between Hartline and Wallace or Jennings, it's not even a debate. Wallace and Jennings is clearly better, though worth 3-7 million more.
    7 million per year for Hartline? A guy that is going to get beat by Matthews this offseason IMO. Okay....

    Can not wait until Hartline proves the doubters wrong. Good chemistry with Tanny and a solid #2 receiver.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    League Dominator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    4,729
    vCash:
    4204
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Billk78 View Post
    I just hate the TD argument. People on this board want Jared Cook from the Titans and he had like 4 TDs. He's much better than that....and Hartline is much better than 1 TD. Why did those players not score often? because their teams stunk in the red zone. The playcalling was awful and there werent many chances for TDs. A Lack of TDs isnt necessarily on the player, but more on the team. Marshall didnt score much here either, then he goes to the Bears and had double digit TDs.
    How can you argue against the TD argument? Your argument about play calling is so weak, I literally LOL'd. He would have had 0 TD's if the DB from Arizona didn't fall down. Play calling? Pretty tough to come up with inventive plays when your best WR is physically outmatched by nearly every DB he faces. In your mind how/why is Hartline so good? Don't give me this crap about he's so much better but then blame the play calling. If he WAS that much better, he would have broke for a couple more TD's. He's not worth 6 mil a year or any other team.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    jlfin's Avatar
    old pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    7,558
    vCash:
    3032
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "at best„ The most overused words used on this forum for detractors and armchair GM's
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    CalDolFan1014's Avatar
    BELIEVE

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    12,975
    vCash:
    4617
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by beanh8er View Post
    Take away a guy's best game and his stats look worse? You don't say?
    Funny how that works doesn't it.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,802
    vCash:
    11490
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Another POV

    Actually it's pretty remarkable when you think about it that Hartline was able to amass 1000 yards considering he not only drew the attention of the best corners but also double teams when his counterparts were the laughable likes of Leggaboo, Gaffney and Marlon Moore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Hartline got 1000 because there was no other receiving options. I highly doubt he gets 1000 if Marshall was still here.

    Let's not forget the fact he only caught one touchdown and we all can remember that touchdown was against the Cardinals, the day he got 250 something yards. Take away that game and Hartline averaged 55 yards per game the rest of the season and no touchdowns. IMPRESSIVE!




    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead



    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    704
    vCash:
    1097
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i say they still get wallace..rookie wr's don't do squat there first year..i say we DRAFT the big TE from notre dame in the 12 pick than CONCENTRATE ON THE DEFENSE FOR THE REST OF THE DRAFT.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. most overlooked thing of the Hartline deal
    By fanfin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 09:17 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •