Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hartline and Dolphins near deal....

1. -41
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_robbie#1 View Post
    Can not wait until Hartline proves the doubters wrong. Good chemistry with Tanny and a solid #2 receiver.
    Show me evidence of this so called good chemistry when he had 0 touchdowns the rest of the season besides that one fluke game and half the season he only had 4 catches or less. Ridiculous.

If anyone had good chemistry with Tannehill and actually worth 6.5 million a year is Reggie. We're paying the wrong guy.

and lol the old "Joe Philbin duh coach! Ireland duh GM! WHAT R U ARMCHAIR GM!" argument. Not even going to bother with that post.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The deal may average $6M-6.5M but Hartline will never see it. My guess is that it'll be so backloaded that it will be more like a two year deal. Just like everyone thinking Flacco got an insane contract, it's really only a three year deal.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People keep talking backloaded but very rarely is anybody's contract that backloaded in today's nfl. 6 million a year is not good under any scenario.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Canadian Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I truly believe this takes wallace and jennings off the table.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    You must be joking. This has no effect.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    6 mil to Hartline is criminally stupid! I like the kid but you can easily replace his production!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see how anyone can defend his stats. Cardinals game was a fluke anyone arguing that is just a homer. We're paying Hartline more than Jordy Nelson, a guy who is making 4 million at the moment and is a better red zone threat and caught more touchdowns in 2012 than Hartline's entire career.

Ridiculous money, 4 million a year, fine, that's still overpaying though but that's the bar Jordy set. 6-7 million? What the ****?
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rosenhaus is bending Ireland over because of some mystical "chemistry with Tannehill".

Guess who had much better chemistry than Tannehill and Hartline? Jennings and Aaron Rodgers. You don't see Ted bending over begging Jennings to stay and overpaying him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Actually it's pretty remarkable when you think about it that Hartline was able to amass 1000 yards considering he not only drew the attention of the best corners but also double teams when his counterparts were the laughable likes of Leggaboo, Gaffney and Marlon Moore!
    Best argument I've seen made on Hartline's behave. He was double teamed knowing the ball was coming his way and he still had a tremendous season. IF Miami had a true #1 WR to take the heat of of Hartline, I'm willing to bet he'd have scored more TD's.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Welcome back Brian, you stepped up last season and you got rewarded.

Hartline will beat on some number two receivers next year, the big plays will come, especially if Wallace is stretching the field
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Omar just said the Dolphins are using Nelson's 4 year $14 million contract as framework. Nelson got $5 million guaranteed. Would seem that's a lot less than we had thought.
    Quote Quote