Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hartline and Dolphins near deal....

1. -91
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No official word yet? we will await details.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SD
    Thanks / No Thanks

Hartline and Dolphins near deal....

Quote Originally Posted by trsandaal View Post
    I didn't watch every game, but I think there were at least two deep ball touchdowns that Tannehilll missed getting to Hartline. Everybody on this board was mystified by red zone playcalling. I absolutely believe that you have to keep him for the sake of continuity. He's a gamer, whose production can increase along Tannehill's learning curve. Definitely not a number one. But would you give Bowe the kind of money KC gave him? Or Wallace at 10-13M like folks are saying? Jennings as a two to three year transition to whomever we draft at #12 or with our first pick in the 2nd.
    BOOM! exactly what I am hoping for as well my dude. The continuity/chemistry alone is worth bringing this guy back. He obviously isn't the answer at #1 but, his experience going against the #1 CB will make him a deadly #2. Although our need for WR is still not set, this is def a damn good step in the right direction. Franchised Tagged: Starks (solidifying our D-Line) + potentially resigning our best receiver last year = a solid start to the Offseason. All we need now, is Wallace/Jennings and a young gun to groom in the draft, and this would be a hell of an offseason for Ireland.
    The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bradenton, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    throw out the 0 catch 0 yarder... and he averages a whopping 58 yards and 0 tds........ and that pretty good secondary? notice who was covering him all day.... no it wasnt stud patrick peterson... it was terrible william gay he was burning all day. and against Oakland, his other giant game... was destroying joselio hansen...

for a guy that averaged around 550 yards for his entire career and has one blip up in stats... you'd figure one of them is slightly an outlier. and the whole "but marshall was force fed the ball" argument makes no sense... in his two years here marshall had about 145 targets per year. Hartline last year had around 127.... so essentially Brandon Marshall got 1 more target per game than Hartline in a "terrible offensive system that no quality player like hartline could survive in' with an awful coaching staff and a terrible quarterback, but yet Marshall still got over 1,000 yards and 1200 yards with 2 and 8? more touchdowns than hartline......

double hartline's targets and you got double the production... what happens when we bring in this alpha receiver? hartlines targets drop. can bet your bottom dollar he doesnt put up another 1000 yards.

my bet... you're paying 6.5 million per year for 700 yards and maybe 2-3 tds.....
    So it wasn't him in that game?

How about Joe flacco? I can't believe the Ravens paid him all that money! I mean take out that last game and he's just another non Super Bowl winning QB.......... see what I did there......
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins in obvious dire need of playmakers and engaged in on again, off again talks with Hartline, go to the combines where it is rumored they are talking about/to every FA WR. Then a few days later, Hartline's team friendly deal is almost done. Sounds like a good job of manipulating the press to get a deal done with Hartline.

How many years have we been left at the FA alter by either FA players or our smokescreen GM who talks up how we are going after big playmakers that will change our team? Only to find out low balled each of them and signed the guys who would accept the lowest deal?

Then we get a coach and staff that love to build their own talent from the draft. Not to mention the picks we have stockpiled.

Hartline's deal might be more than his actual value, but still it's only $6M/year. Relatively speaking, that's not much money for the WR position.

So, is this about to happen again? Are we once again going to believe all of the hype and wishful thinking? Are we headed for heartbreak, again?

Yes.

Who is this year's Peyton Manning? Matt Flynn?

Why is it the only guys that really show up for a visit and talk contract are the ones that no one else wants?

We all know that when you don't have the intrinsic selling points to your organization that money does the talking. It is the only card many teams have to play. Yet, we ALWAYS low ball. We have no negotiation leverage and we STILL low ball.

So, when Mike Wallace signs with someone else and rumors surface that we only offered $9M or $10M a year, will you blame him for not signing for $12M/year?

We might kick the tires on some retreads, but the only names I see coming to see us are Jennings and Cook. Cook wants WR money as a TE. And while he may want big money, it's not Wallace money. $6M - $8M really has a "value shopper's" ring to it when you are wanting "playmakers". Jennings will show up simply because of Philbin. But, we'll low ball him and hope his loyalty makes him take less.

Cook or Jennings and Harline will be our big FA haul. We'll bring in some lineman and some safeties and corners. Then we'll focus on the draft and see what we have left in the acorn fund.

I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of angry fans left at the alter again this year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This makes me think of a few things. 1) the market is there for these players even if we don't think it is. Does this hint to Long finding a team willing to pay him what he is wanting? 2) We should target 2 TE's in FA like Keller and Cook for example where we can maybe get both for the price of one WR. 3) We will draft an OG in round 1 if either Cooper or the Bama kid is there at 12 and then draft at least 2 WR's in rounds 2 and 3.

On a side note IMO Hartline is very important to Tannehill's growth so this will be good for chemistry. Now we need to resign Clemons to keep our safety tandem together, restructure Patterson and Marshall, sign one FA CB, and pray we draft very well.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance29 View Post
    So it wasn't him in that game?

How about Joe flacco? I can't believe the Ravens paid him all that money! I mean take out that last game and he's just another non Super Bowl winning QB.......... see what I did there......
    no i dont see waht you did there.... a poster said take out hartlines best game and see what happens.... another replied, take out his worst game.. so i did. wasn't my idea to pluck out games but anybody looking at his overall body over work can point out a few outliers... one being his monster cardinals game and the other being his dud st louis game.

and if you want to bring up Joe Flacco.... isnt he the same QB that is getting ripped by most non talking analysts as being vastly overpaid? The immortal PFF that everyone loves to use around here valued hartline at 4.3 million for last season.

If hartline was worth the 5-6-7 million people want to shell out for him, why in the hell does every "offseason plan" also include bring in 1 or 2 highly drafted WR's and a premier WR free agent.... that logic just doesnt add up.
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    6 Million is ok. I can accept that.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan40353 View Post
    Dolphins in obvious dire need of playmakers and engaged in on again, off again talks with Hartline, go to the combines where it is rumored they are talking about/to every FA WR. Then a few days later, Hartline's team friendly deal is almost done. Sounds like a good job of manipulating the press to get a deal done with Hartline.

How many years have we been left at the FA alter by either FA players or our smokescreen GM who talks up how we are going after big playmakers that will change our team? Only to find out low balled each of them and signed the guys who would accept the lowest deal?

Then we get a coach and staff that love to build their own talent from the draft. Not to mention the picks we have stockpiled.

Hartline's deal might be more than his actual value, but still it's only $6M/year. Relatively speaking, that's not much money for the WR position.

So, is this about to happen again? Are we once again going to believe all of the hype and wishful thinking? Are we headed for heartbreak, again?

Yes.

Who is this year's Peyton Manning? Matt Flynn?

Why is it the only guys that really show up for a visit and talk contract are the ones that no one else wants?

We all know that when you don't have the intrinsic selling points to your organization that money does the talking. It is the only card many teams have to play. Yet, we ALWAYS low ball. We have no negotiation leverage and we STILL low ball.

So, when Mike Wallace signs with someone else and rumors surface that we only offered $9M or $10M a year, will you blame him for not signing for $12M/year?

We might kick the tires on some retreads, but the only names I see coming to see us are Jennings and Cook. Cook wants WR money as a TE. And while he may want big money, it's not Wallace money. $6M - $8M really has a "value shopper's" ring to it when you are wanting "playmakers". Jennings will show up simply because of Philbin. But, we'll low ball him and hope his loyalty makes him take less.

Cook or Jennings and Harline will be our big FA haul. We'll bring in some lineman and some safeties and corners. Then we'll focus on the draft and see what we have left in the acorn fund.

I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of angry fans left at the alter again this year.
    This is actually what i'm really hoping for... And if you've been here long enough you should know that some here will be angry every year no matter what

Gimme Jennings, Cook, Cox/Lewis/Houston, Vollmer, Bennet/Gilberry, Hartline, Clemons, Devlin, Garner and McCann going into the draft and i'll be a super happy guy.
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bradenton, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

People on this site love to see our good players walk for free to other teams and produce......then wanna come back a year later and biotch about us letting them go. Hartline was drafted and developed by us, has improved every year since being here, built great chemistry with our rookie qb, and people have a problem with paying the man a pretty fair deal for a good number two Wr?? Blows me away these armchair GM types building championship teams one mouse click at a time.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    Sorry to break this to you but if we get hartline and some how get Wallace we are not drafting 2 WRs in the draft...
    I disagree. With 10 picks (including 1 compensatory fourth), we will bring in 2 or possibly even 3 rookie WR's.
    Quote Quote