Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 324

Thread: Hartline and Dolphins near deal....

  1. -101
    nasty's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    236
    vCash:
    1022
    Loc:
    305
    Thanks / No Thanks
    last time i checked this is the same guy who teams started to double team last year. if we get Wallace he will have even more opportunitys to shine. imagine Wallace/hartline/bess/mattews/ and a really good pass catching TE maybe even resign bush. our offensive would be set.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -102
    damanref10's Avatar
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,520
    vCash:
    1139
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance29 View Post
    People on this site love to see our good players walk for free to other teams and produce......then wanna come back a year later and biotch about us letting them go. Hartline was drafted and developed by us, has improved every year since being here, built great chemistry with our rookie qb, and people have a problem with paying the man a pretty fair deal for a good number two Wr?? Blows me away these armchair GM types building championship teams one mouse click at a time.
    Difference between "arm chair GM's" that praise every move the front office makes v. "arm chair GM's that disagree when they dont like a move" =====
    Quote Quote  

  3. -103
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,810
    vCash:
    43320
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    pff may rate him as worth $4.3 mil in 2012 and i'd probably agree with that for the season he had...look folks this team would have struggled to move the ball period if not for hartline...i believe mathews if given more run would have filled that void somewhat and in the future there's no doubt in my mind that his ceiling is higher than that of hartline but still...

    this is free agency...and there wasn't a shot in heck coming off his 2012 season from a productivity and consistency stand point with brian hartline that he was gonna get signed to no $4 mil per year contract...just not gonna happen if he hit the market...his agent had discussions during the combine with a team at least who was interested you can believe that and so this # that is coming back pretty much reflects what his value as a current free agent off his 2012 reflects...if it was $5 mil per i would say that's a team friendly deal...i don't think miami would be this aggressive with the kid if they didn't feel like his market in free agency was gonna eclipse $6 mil per...and it appears they have made the guy a priority resign...

    again though wait for the guaranteed money and the #'s before you flip your lid...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  4. -104
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Longing for Relevancy...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,833
    vCash:
    4543
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    [QUOTE=dolfan91;1064598585]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    You mean like when we had a Top 10 receiver in 2010 and 2011 and Hartline caught 1 touchdown each season? What's the excuse for that now?[COLOR="Silver"]

    ---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

    Brandon Marshall was force fed the ball and Hartline was mainly a 3rd down WR under the old regime. It's quite possible with this offense Marshall wouldn't have seen as many balls thrown his way and would have made a stink about it. The WCO is perfect for Hartline. Your argument is weak considering how Hartline was used under the old regime. In the WCO and with Tannehill's chemistry with Hartline, it's again quite possible a true #1 WR would make Hartline much more dangerous.
    You would think this as obvious to most. I guess some people can't follow the simple logic that when you're utilized severely less, you have less opportunities to make plays and gain yardage. So a Brian Hartline that plays on 30 snaps is less likely to amount 1,000 yards than a Brain Hartline plays hundreds of snaps. I am still lost to the fact that people do not realize this...? Let's all pretend that coming off an excrutiating appendectomy surgery is an easy task (Read his interview on his recovery, it will make you cringe).

    He missed camp and entered the season severely under weight as well. Working your ass off into building a relationship with your rookie quarterback, and going against the league's best corners and gaining over 1,000 yards with 4.5 speed is cake I guess. I realize he is overmatched in the red zone on a consistent basis, but he is fantastic as stretching the field between the two 20 yard markers, doesn't bitch like most receivers, and kept dozens of plays alive that led to touchdowns last season. Your average receiver like Ogletree (Dallas) can have a "fluke" 100 yard game, but average receivers do not amount to 253 yards in one individual match and break franchise records.

    He will be a great #2 for us, however, my top dollar would be around $4.5m for him. I will be slightly disappointed with a at $6m, but we have enough cap to recover. You can guarantee Hartline will make more of an impact for us THIS season than any rookies you guys have been putting on a godly pedestal.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -105
    PhinSoldia's Avatar
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    3,740
    vCash:
    3256
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIJ007 View Post
    I'd like to see the details on his contract. But if its 6 mil. get Patterson with the #12 pick and Bailey in the late 2nd or one of the 3rds. WR core would be instantly upgraded.

    Patterson would be gone, the most UNLIKELY scenerio is we get Greg Jennings for about 10 M OR go Austin maybe in a trade back
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

    For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

  6. -106
    Digital's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,978
    vCash:
    9066
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If posters have been around long enough they remember the debate about Welker when he started producing. Soooo many negative posters calling us homers for thinking he had talent. Sooo many critics talking about how he was too small and too slow. Sooooo many people pointing out that he wasn't scoring many TD's. .

    Only when he left for New England did most of those posters disappear or change their tunes. Hartline isn't Welker, but Hartline is a good player, and much better than many posters want to give him credit for being.
    Last edited by Digital; 03-05-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Internet keeps eating my paragraph breaks.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -107
    PhinSoldia's Avatar
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    3,740
    vCash:
    3256
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=AFCMiamiEast;1064598709]
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post

    You would think this as obvious to most. I guess some people can't follow the simple logic that when you're utilized severely less, you have less opportunities to make plays and gain yardage. So a Brian Hartline that plays on 30 snaps is less likely to amount 1,000 yards than a Brain Hartline plays hundreds of snaps. I am still lost to the fact that people do not realize this...? Let's all pretend that coming off an excrutiating appendectomy surgery is an easy task (Read his interview on his recovery, it will make you cringe).

    He missed camp and entered the season severely under weight as well. Working your ass off into building a relationship with your rookie quarterback, and going against the league's best corners and gaining over 1,000 yards with 4.5 speed is cake I guess. I realize he is overmatched in the red zone on a consistent basis, but he is fantastic as stretching the field between the two 20 yard markers, doesn't bitch like most receivers, and kept dozens of plays alive that led to touchdowns last season. Your average receiver like Ogletree (Dallas) can have a "fluke" 100 yard game, but average receivers do not amount to 253 yards in one individual match and break franchise records.

    He will be a great #2 for us, however, my top dollar would be around $4.5m for him. I will be slightly disappointed with a at $6m, but we have enough cap to recover. You can guarantee Hartline will make more of an impact for us THIS season than any rookies you guys have been putting on a godly pedestal.

    he would be a solid number 2 agreed, my number was also 4.5 or less, because he is NOT worth 6, and A reciever in the second round would have gotten the SAME production as Hartline for 5.5 Less

    this is a really bad deal for an average player
    Quote Quote  

  8. -108
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,571
    vCash:
    19330
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Bowe went off the market yesterday.

    Welker wont last long http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-t...ulti-year-deal

    With those two gone is Brian Hartline the third best free agent WR? Possibly, you could certainly make the argument. If the Dolphins want him, lock him down now, if he is in our plan for the future letting him hit the free agency is a stupid risk. Is 6 -6.5 overpaying a bit? Sure, but odds are once other teams have a say you will pay at least that if he is one of very few starting receivers available.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -109
    j-off-her-doll's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    8,343
    vCash:
    6339
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Bowe went off the market yesterday.

    Welker wont last long http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-t...ulti-year-deal

    With those two gone is Brian Hartline the third best free agent WR? Possibly, you could certainly make the argument. If the Dolphins want him, lock him down now, if he is in our plan for the future letting him hit the free agency is a stupid risk. Is 6 -6.5 overpaying a bit? Sure, but odds are once other teams have a say you will pay at least that if he is one of very few starting receivers available.
    Haha what? You know you're in trouble when you can't afford to lose a guy with the balance of a baby giraffe, who has no RAC ability, no RZ ability, and is not a deep threat. What a joke. This whole thing is just one giant **** you! to every Dolphins fan - whether or not you realize it at this point.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -110
    AJFins87's Avatar
    Heavy Hitter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    141
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Pittstown, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I CAN NOT WAIT to watch Hartline BLOW UP this year and score 8+ TDs. Guaranteed you can take that to the bank. Come back and visit this thread when the Dolphins season is over next year and all you idiots who are bashing something that IS BENEFICIAL TO OUR FRANCHISE QB AND TEAM. Seriously some of the people on this board are absolute morons.
    A New Era

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. most overlooked thing of the Hartline deal
    By fanfin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 09:17 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •