Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Hartline and Dolphins near deal....

1. -291
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
    So let me get this right, this is 29 pages of complaining about a contract that doesnt even exist?
    Welcome to finheaven . if we have a decent season wait until we see the first thread suggesting Ireland could get a new contract
    Quote Quote  

2. -292
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Why would we wait and pay market value when we can extend him now at a pretty nice discount? Thats the scenario that played out with Hartline, we could have extended him this time last year for $3.5-4 mill, probably at fewer years and much less guaranteed money, by waiting we just cost ourselves a bunch of money. Resigning, restructuring and extending the right guys in my mind is just as important as who you draft and which free agents you sign and Ireland has done pretty much nothing in this regard.

Just pay him now and get it over with or I guarantee we're going to see similar threads like this popping up this time next year about Jones: "He's good but is he really $11 mill a year good?"
    you don't have to worry about any $11 mil a year with reshad jones...not even sure where that came from...and if the player doesn't want to sign at a discount or under market rate for what he would command next year as a free agent there's nothing you can do about it...i'm sure miami has made overtures already and reshad jones and his camp so far have been betting on himself to have a even better season in 2013 and command top 5 money...i doubt miamis offering that with a year left in his contract...they may be offering $6 mil though per if he'll lock up now at what may likely would prove to be a bargain...

worst case though they use the low tag for a safety and make sure they retain his services...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -293
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Unless you are speaking from personal experience, you cannot perceive that as a fact. There are many situations in life where you can say how you think you would react, but without truly experiencing it, you have no idea in reality. This thread is getting way too personal with some posters on here though, keep it about Hartline and how he shouldn't be making anywhere north of $4.5m.
    i stated my opinion never once did i say it was fact...i don't even know how that could be made into a fact...as for telling me what i should talk about on here take a walk...i didn't open that can of worms...
    Quote Quote  

4. -294
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    you don't have to worry about any $11 mil a year with reshad jones...not even sure where that came from...and if the player doesn't want to sign at a discount or under market rate for what he would command next year as a free agent there's nothing you can do about it...i'm sure miami has made overtures already and reshad jones and his camp so far have been betting on himself to have a even better season in 2013 and command top 5 money...i doubt miamis offering that with a year left in his contract...they may be offering $6 mil though per if he'll lock up now at what may likely would prove to be a bargain...

worst case though they use the low tag for a safety and make sure they retain his services...
    I don't know what the number will be, just making the point that if he gets to test the market we'll have to pay a premium over and above what a lot of posters put his real value at. As far as being willing to "bet on himself" to turn down something like $20 million guaranteed would be a HUGE gamble for somebody set to make less than a million. I'm sure a lot of players would be willing to gamble but I think their agents would quickly talk some sense into them. If he just plain doesn't want to make a deal with the Dolphins then thats 100% on Ireland anyway.

Also, if Jones has a great year like 6 or 7 picks and a probowl appearance I could see him getting at least 9 or 10 mill, somebody said in this very thread talking about Goldson that proven players entering their prime tend to get paid big time in free agency.

As far as ussing the tag, it is an option but you should be able to entice the guys playing for peanuts to sign an extension. Save the tag for players making $3mill+, guys that would be more willing to gamble on themselves because they're already in a good position financially.
    Quote Quote  

5. -295
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know what the number will be, just making the point that if he gets to test the market we'll have to pay a premium over and above what a lot of posters put his real value at. As far as being willing to "bet on himself" to turn down something like $20 million guaranteed would be a HUGE gamble for somebody set to make less than a million. I'm sure a lot of players would be willing to gamble but I think their agents would quickly talk some sense into them. If he just plain doesn't want to make a deal with the Dolphins then thats 100% on Ireland anyway.

Also, if Jones has a great year like 6 or 7 picks and a probowl appearance I could see him getting at least 9 or 10 mill, somebody said in this very thread talking about Goldson that proven players entering their prime tend to get paid big time in free agency.

As far as ussing the tag, it is an option but you should be able to entice the guys playing for peanuts to sign an extension. Save the tag for players making $3mill+, guys that would be more willing to gamble on themselves because they're already in a good position financially.

Any team that pays a safety 10 mill a year is pretty damn stupid
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -296
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Any team that pays a safety 10 mill a year is pretty damn stupid
    Maybe, but I didn't think Hartline had a hope in hell of getting offered more than $7 mill either (and I was one of of the few who thought Hartline would do better than most people expected in FA) so who knows what the wonderful wacky world of free agency will bring.
    Quote Quote  

7. -297
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe, but I didn't think Hartline had a hope in hell of getting offered more than $7 mill either (and I was one of of the few who thought Hartline would do better than most people expected in FA) so who knows what the wonderful wacky world of free agency will bring.

I dont think any team outside of us would pay over 5 million maybe 5.5. I personally dont see HARTLINE being better than he was this year
    Quote Quote  

8. -298
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Well in the end you're right, Hartline hasnt been offered more than 7 per.
    Quote Quote  

9. -299
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    6 million for a guy who can easily be replaced through the draft is a mistake. and signing wallace and hartline would pretty much eliminate us from going WR early in the draft. knowing jeff ireland, he probably thinks wallace and hartline is a great combination and doesn't think there is need to go WR in the first 2 rounds. IMO signing hartline, especially for 6 mil, is a big mistake.
    Quote Quote  

10. -300
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BassFin View Post
    There is just no pleasing Dolphin fans.
    Pancake and a smoke?
    Quote Quote