Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hartline and Dolphins near deal....

1. -71
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    will be interesting to see what the guaranteed money is here and what the cap #'s will be yearly so we can see how long before we can get out...also go ahead and if you didn't have it before put in pen that a top 2 round pick is used on a wr this draft...hartline and whoever in free agency alone isn't gonna get it done over the long haul...we need another piece...

pretty surprised at that # though $6 mil per miami isn't willing to let him test the market...doesn't seem like a "team friendly" deal to me...unless the guaranteed money is low
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    I just want to WIN !

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is absolutely amazing that people on this threat are completely bashing the deal, and as of right now THERE IS NO FRIGGEN DEAL. Cripes, at least wait until he actually signs a new contract and we can see the official numbers. Maybe it'll be a good deal, and maybe it won't, but let's just step back and wait and see...
    Quote Quote  

3. -73

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    throw out the 0 catch 0 yarder... and he averages a whopping 58 yards and 0 tds........ and that pretty good secondary? notice who was covering him all day.... no it wasnt stud patrick peterson... it was terrible william gay he was burning all day. and against Oakland, his other giant game... was destroying joselio hansen...

for a guy that averaged around 550 yards for his entire career and has one blip up in stats... you'd figure one of them is slightly an outlier. and the whole "but marshall was force fed the ball" argument makes no sense... in his two years here marshall had about 145 targets per year. Hartline last year had around 127.... so essentially Brandon Marshall got 1 more target per game than Hartline in a "terrible offensive system that no quality player like hartline could survive in' with an awful coaching staff and a terrible quarterback, but yet Marshall still got over 1,000 yards and 1200 yards with 2 and 8? more touchdowns than hartline......

double hartline's targets and you got double the production... what happens when we bring in this alpha receiver? hartlines targets drop. can bet your bottom dollar he doesnt put up another 1000 yards.

my bet... you're paying 6.5 million per year for 700 yards and maybe 2-3 tds.....
    that's true...hartline beat up on bad corners an awful lot in 2012...and now he's reaping the benefits of it financially...this is not a front line wr folks...
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Those aren't arguments at all. Anyone can come up with stats...gimme a damn break. The guy went through hell, almost died, in the offseason and STILL came back and had his best season as a pro. Dude's got heart. Sure there weren't a lot of other receiving options, but even then he still had a pretty good year considering and you just want to dump him? I'm not saying we need to give him 6-7 million, but at 4...4.5 mil, he's definitely got value to this team.
    fixed.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I don't know why fans hate on Hartline so much, especially after he just put up a 1,000 yard season. He is not a #1, but he is a very good #2 and the price of a #2 WR in this league is around $6 million a year. I don't like that number, would prefer a contract more around $4 million, but the market dictates the price.

He is young and has improved each year since he was drafted, I hope they are able to bring him back and team him with someone like Wallace.
    Fans dont like him because he cant score... Period. 6 mil a year is terrible for him and if that takes wallace or jennings or a first round WR off the board then be prepared for another disapointing season with mediocre players. There are players out there that produce just as much if not more then him and get paid less. I would rather throw the 6 mil a year at a player like Cook the TE or Keller then hartline. Get wallace and cook and draft a WR in the second round and i would bet my house that they produce more then hartline will.

I have been a fan for my entire life ( since i started watching football) and i am really getting tired of this FO. They like recycling crap players and over paying them. Instead of bringing back bush who is the more explosice player on our roster right now and would be cheaper then hartline they let him walk and resign a guy with 3 TDs in 3 years. Hell bush had more TD receptions then hartline did this year. How sad is that?!?! Our RB had more TD receptions then our Starting #1 WR... think about that!!! Thats like saying our Nickle CB has more sacks then Cam Wake or our Wild Cat QB has more TD passes then Tannehill. How ridiculous would it be if Daniel Thomas Threw more TDs then Tanny? Who would want to sign tanny to a long term deal if that was the case? Its like some people dont watch football then just look at the ESPN highlights and say damn hartline is good.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    that's true...hartline beat up on bad corners an awful lot in 2012...and now he's reaping the benefits of it financially...this is not a front line wr folks...
    if we bring in a wallace, Hartline will draw more of those bad corners, which = win for us and hartline.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    Fans dont like him because he cant score... Period. 6 mil a year is terrible for him and if that takes wallace or jennings or a first round WR off the board then be prepared for another disapointing season with mediocre players. There are players out there that produce just as much if not more then him and get paid less. I would rather throw the 6 mil a year at a player like Cook the TE or Keller then hartline. Get wallace and cook and draft a WR in the second round and i would bet my house that they produce more then hartline will.

I have been a fan for my entire life ( since i started watching football) and i am really getting tired of this FO. They like recycling crap players and over paying them. Instead of bringing back bush who is the more explosice player on our roster right now and would be cheaper then hartline they let him walk and resign a guy with 3 TDs in 3 years. Hell bush had more TD receptions then hartline did this year. How sad is that?!?! Our RB had more TD receptions then our Starting #1 WR... think about that!!! Thats like saying our Nickle CB has more sacks then Cam Wake or our Wild Cat QB has more TD passes then Tannehill. How ridiculous would it be if Daniel Thomas Threw more TDs then Tanny? Who would want to sign tanny to a long term deal if that was the case? Its like some people dont watch football then just look at the ESPN highlights and say damn hartline is good.
    Fans? there's like 10 of you who hate him. the rest of us see him for what he is... and what he can contribute and this is assuming a bit... that jeff is going all in on wallace. We get wallace and pair him with bess and hartline... and draft a couple of the studs early in the draft and this unit goes from a liability to dangerous. Hartline isn't THE plan, he's a part of THE plan. but please continue to hate away.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    if we bring in a wallace, Hartline will draw more of those bad corners, which = win for us and hartline.
    b/t the 20's maybe...his skill set is not that hard to find...no rac no red zone win ability...good route runner beats up on bad corners...smart player...reads coverage well good fit for this o but ceiling wise you probably saw it in 2012...i doubt there's much more left on the bone
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Those aren't arguments at all. Anyone can come up with stats...gimme a damn break. The guy went through hell, almost died, in the offseason and STILL came back and had his best season as a pro. Dude's got heart. Sure there weren't a lot of other receiving options, but even then he still had a pretty good year considering and you just want to dump him? I'm not saying we need to give him 6-7 million, but at 4...4.5 mil, he's definitely got value to this team.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I totally agree. the issue is.... the report is saying we are going to give him the 6-7 million. Hartline has value to this team, it is just nowhere near that level, and thats the biggest problem.

Before the report came out that Jennings wanted 12+ million per year.. the talk was he would get around 8 probably. Now that Bowe got essentially the Vincent Jackson deal for 11 million per year.... it is safe to say jennings will probably get around 9.5-10. Is there any plausible argument that spending that extra 2.5-3 million for Greg Jennings over Hartline for 6.5 to 7 million per year? I can't come up with one... and thats the biggest problem i have with it.

why not let him test the market and see if his market goes down which it probably would, come back and worst case scenario if we strike out, this is the same deal we could give him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Once the contract is signed I think it's a great move. Remember, Hartline was our #1 option, mostly covered by the opponents #1 corner. Bring in a burner and a true #1 with size, Hartline will put up big numbers. I feel like he's an excellent player who has done nothing more than play his heart out every game. He has strong character and built good chemistry with Tanny. I don't understand why so many people knock what we have. It's time to keep our young players, continue to let them grow, and see what they turn into. Sometimes we toss players away too soon, before they reach their full potential. Hartline is a solid WR and with more options on offense will have better match-ups. Go WR in the 1st, for our true number one. Mathews will continue to grow. We will probably not sign Wallace or Jennings.
    Quote Quote