Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hartline and Dolphins near deal....

1. -81
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    if we bring in a wallace, Hartline will draw more of those bad corners, which = win for us and hartline.
    by the way bill you bring in wallace what you're likely gonna see more of is bracket coverage with the #2 corner and a safety over wallace and the #1 cb on an island over hartline...this team still needs a piece to get hartline better matchups...and i mean a LEGIT piece...looks like the plan for that piece is the draft if we lock up hartline...or it's not in the plans
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    will be interesting to see what the guaranteed money is here and what the cap #'s will be yearly so we can see how long before we can get out...also go ahead and if you didn't have it before put in pen that a top 2 round pick is used on a wr this draft...hartline and whoever in free agency alone isn't gonna get it done over the long haul...we need another piece...

pretty surprised at that # though $6 mil per miami isn't willing to let him test the market...doesn't seem like a "team friendly" deal to me...unless the guaranteed money is low
    Yeah i have a felling its going to be a crappy deal for an equally crappy player... 6 mil a year sickens me for a guy of his skill set. Im already starting my pestamistic approach to the 2013 season. Unless we mak a big big splash on the FA market like Wallace and Cook or Keller im going to hate my life until this time next year. I kinda have a feeling now that they are going to walk him out there after signing him like hes our prize of the offseason and end up going real cheap the rest of the way. I can see it now ...Crap in FA and a OT with the 12th pick... bank on it
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgetown, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm glad Hartline signed...Now, go get Wallace and draft 2 WR's and lets play some football !
    "I'll read anything Dolphin, even the crap Omar writes"
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I don't know why fans hate on Hartline so much, especially after he just put up a 1,000 yard season. He is not a #1, but he is a very good #2 and the price of a #2 WR in this league is around $6 million a year. I don't like that number, would prefer a contract more around $4 million, but the market dictates the price.

He is young and has improved each year since he was drafted, I hope they are able to bring him back and team him with someone like Wallace.
    Rotoworld had it pegged right when they called Hartline a "middling" number 2. Whatever, we could do worse at the 2 spot but I hope the deal is worth closer to 5 mil annually and I still hope we sign Wallace and draft Hopkins, Woods, or Hunter in the 2nd rd.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    if we bring in a wallace, Hartline will draw more of those bad corners, which = win for us and hartline.
    That's what some fail to realize.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -86

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    anything north of $12 mil guaranteed here i'm not gonna like...if it's more than $15 mil holy cow...and i'd like to see a high cap # in years 3 and on so we get out if we want...which most likely will happen...he'll never see all the money on that deal at $6 mil per
    Quote Quote  

7. -87

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this deal if it gets done also makes me wonder just how interested we are in greg jennings...everything hartline can do plus some jennings can do and he's a red zone option and rac player as well...i don't know if jennings has priced himself out of miamis range (which i doubt) but i'd much rather pay greg jennings even up to $9 mil per and roll with his ceiling than pay hartline $6 mil per...

we miss on mike wallace we may be going o fer in free agency on a legit wr...
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fans? there's like 10 of you who hate him. the rest of us see him for what he is... and what he can contribute and this is assuming a bit... that jeff is going all in on wallace. We get wallace and pair him with bess and hartline... and draft a couple of the studs early in the draft and this unit goes from a liability to dangerous. Hartline isn't THE plan, he's a part of THE plan. but please continue to hate away.
    Ummm i might want to read through the post more cuz it seems to me that there are ALOT more then just 10 of "us" that hate on him. I just want to know what u see in him that makes u ok with paying him 6-7 mil a year? cuz as a poster said he has a skill sets that are not to hard to find in the NFL. Ok speed, decent route running, good hands and a total lack or red zone presence, Yac ability, doesnt fight for the ball in the air and im pretty sure i can tackle him cuz hes soft. Never seen a guy get tapped on the ankle and go down so easy in my life. But hey if your cool with being a mediocre team filled with mediocre players getting paid to put up mediocre seasons year in and year out then thats cool. Sorry but im not cool with that. We have a chance to really upgrade our team this year with picks and FA players and this is what we spead the money on... Sorry if its "hating" but im tired of being a mediocre team.I hope to see you defending Hartline in the middle of the 2013 season when he has like 400 yards and 1 td 10 games throught the year and is playing like a 3-4 WR instead of a #2.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Well the cap will go from 45 to 31 million now that they franchise tagged Starks and will re-sign Hartline (if accurate). I like both guys but christ FA can't get here soon enough. I always get anxious to see who they sign and this year it has to be more on the offensive side of the ball.

Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboynemo View Post
    I'm glad Hartline signed...Now, go get Wallace and draft 2 WR's and lets play some football !
    Sorry to break you the news but if we get hartline and some how get Wallace we are not drafting 2 WRs in the draft... Too many holes to fill. Now if we go into the draft with hartline as our #1 then yeah we better draft 2 WRs or we are screwed.
    Quote Quote