Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Welker

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    name one other player that ever said what idiot welker said
    Plenty of players say they have always wanted to play for such and such team. If Miami did not play so cheap they could have kept welker but they tried to slide him by with a lower tender and got burned.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Plenty of players say they have always wanted to play for such and such team. If Miami did not play so cheap they could have kept welker but they tried to slide him by with a lower tender and got burned.
    I have never heard of any other player dumb enough to say they wished they played for a division rival while they were on their own sideline
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    HE had an outstanding year when Brady went down with 111 receptions and 1165 yards so its not only Brady that makes Welker a great. It would all depend on the offense for any receiver.
    Bro...averaging 10 yards a catch is not GREAT. If you throw a lot at a player he will make catches obviously. How many times is Welker targeted a season? 154 times per a season on average, 6.1 TDs per a season in 6 years with New England. Career 11.2 yards/reception. Is Welker better than Bess? Of course...but the dude is a product of his system. No way should someone who makes over 100 receptions a year average 6 tds....that is a joke. Welker is not worth signing here because he is not that big of an upgrade over Bess. Sorry! He would not come here and put up 100 catches. Welker is a product of his system which you will see when he leaves New England, if he does. He is not even the best receiving threat on his own team.

The bold statement is also false.....great receivers excel everywhere. Example Brandon Marshall. You telling me Megatron is not Megatron on some other team? Welker is not good enough to be a number 1. Plain and simple, Welker is a good slot receiver who will excel when put in the RIGHT system.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    See article below. Sorry Bess fans, he would be a huge upgrade.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/colum...y_a_risky_game
    Maybe if we go back to 2007 and not make the trade to the hatetriots, then I say go for it. He is on the wrong side of 30 and he is not an upgrade over Bess. They are identical players, Welker has just had Tom Brady the last 6 years. Miami has had Pennington, Henne, Moore and last year Tannehill throwing him the rock. Pass on his 10 mil a year contract demands and bring a real playmaker like Mike Wallace into the mix.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would rather have Ted Ginn Jr back than Welker.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    He's a system player who is playing with a very good QB. His impact on any other team would not be that great. In fact, I doubt any team would give him an elite WR contract. I would be shocked. His greatest value is with the Pats and I think he KNOWS it. He will take a reasonable deal from the Pats rather than exposing himself to the open market.
    This is the truth. Other teams won't be running his option routes to death like him and Brady do.
    And for the record, in my humble opinion at least, if Bess was in New England, he would be twice the player Welker is.
    He would become the option route king.

Regardless, I don't see how Welker does anything to help us.
    After seeing his last 2 playoff games, he has definitely fallen off a bit imho.
    Let the chump go, time to look to the future.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    No More Excuses

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Eh .... I'm not excited about the idea. He's starting to wear down. Better to go with the younger pups.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We **** on ourselves with the Welker deal. Our team was being run by a bunch of dumbasses and ON TOP of that we got TWO picks for him. Pretty awesome seeing as we got the kid for a bag of Doritos. We then proceeded to crap all over those two picks and get NOTHING out of those selections.(Samson Satele and Abraham "something"- i think those were the two). The player HAD skills, and we failed to get someone worth a damn to capitlize on those skills. I don't hate the guy for wanting to go somewhere else- hell sometimes back then i wished i pulled for another team.
    BUT i think he is older now and surely not worth 10mil/year.

Seriously though don't hate on a guy for not liking the way our team was run when we all hated the way it was being run too.

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvmac View Post
    This is the truth. Other teams won't be running his option routes to death like him and Brady do.
    And for the record, in my humble opinion at least, if Bess was in New England, he would be twice the player Welker is.
    He would become the option route king.

Regardless, I don't see how Welker does anything to help us.
    After seeing his last 2 playoff games, he has definitely fallen off a bit imho.
    Let the chump go, time to look to the future.
    Can't disagree more. No WR I have ever seen is as adept at getting open over the middle as Welker. Certainly not Bess. If Brady can count to 4, Welker is open. Whenever Brady escapes the rush, Welker is open. He is small and very shifty, and DB's cannot stay with him. Yes, he drops a few more than he used to, but still catches the vast majority. He has never beeen a TD machine, that is not his game, but he certainly is a 1st down machine.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Can't disagree more. No WR I have ever seen is as adept at getting open over the middle as Welker. Certainly not Bess. If Brady can count to 4, Welker is open. Whenever Brady escapes the rush, Welker is open. He is small and very shifty, and DB's cannot stay with him. Yes, he drops a few more than he used to, but still catches the vast majority. He has never beeen a TD machine, that is not his game, but he certainly is a 1st down machine.
    Bess does the same thing. The major difference, besides qbs,, is targets. As I stated above, welker was targeted 154 times/season since going to New England. If Bess was targeted that much he would be a 100 catch a year guy. The reality is Welker is a good SLOT receiver. We have a good slot receiver already....why would we possibly want one another one? Welker is a system receiver. The drop off to Bess would not warrant the money to sign him. As far as first down machine goes, Bess is exactly that. You need to research the stats man....Bess is EXACTLY what welker is minus having a HoF qb who likes him.lol

a
    Quote Quote