Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Welker

1. -51
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Well of course not dlockz he's a slot WR. His catch target ratio will be higher due to the fact he's always closer to the LOS. If Bess had Brady and the Patriot system he could catch 100 passes.

So I ask again how come nobody else has ever done it. NE had receivers before Welker, other teams have ran that offense. You guys kill me with that crap. Davone Bess was targetd 104 times last year and had 61 receptions so his target to catch ratio is not even close to Welker's. In fact its way off. Bess could never do what Welker has done. Welker did it with Matt Cassel as qb also so lets not give all credit to Brady
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So I ask again how come nobody else has ever done it. NE had receivers before Welker, other teams have ran that offense. You guys kill me with that crap. Davone Bess was targetd 104 times last year and had 61 receptions so his target to catch ratio is not even close to Welker's. In fact its way off. Bess could never do what Welker has done. Welker did it with Matt Cassel as qb also so lets not give all credit to Brady
    First off I never said Welker is not any good. I said Welker is a slot receiver who is a product of his system. How can you watch Bess and not see the similarities between the two? Seriously man, they are almost identical except for skin color. The Brady factor and the offense the Patriots run is the difference between the two. Welker has been in that system for 6 straight years. Bess has had how many different qbs? SParano ran a conservative offense, NE runs a spread the field offense. Bess has always been in a run dominated system, Welker has been in a pass first offense. You are correct, Welker has to make the catches but to say that Bess could never do what Welker has done is a baseless statement that has no credible evidence supporting it. Just for the record, you are telling me that if Welker was on Miami the last 6 years he would be putting up similar numbers? If you believe that, then send me some of the drugs you are on.lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If its so easy to get all these receptions than how come nobody else in the nfl is doing it. You know he has to actually catch those balls. Hartline was targeted 128 times last year yet caught only 74 . So thats 54 times he did not catch a ball when targeted, while Welker last year was targeted 174 times and had 118 receptions , Thats 56 times he did not catch a ball when targeted. So he was targeted 50 more times and yet had a much higher percentage of cacthes to targets by far than Hartline.
    I think you dont realize not many receivers in the nfl could be targetd 150 times and catch over 2/3 of those targets . Wes Welker always has among the highest target to catch ratio. So by your estimation catching 118 balls and only having six tds is worse than 74 receptions and having 1 td, Still a much higher td ration. What you fail to forget is that Welker's job is to catch the shorter and intermediate routes while a guy like Austin would be more of a home run threat. So you say that if NE likes Welker so much why are they letting him shop himself. I guess you forgot they tagged him last year and to tag him this year would cost like 12 million since he was tagged last year. The pats have talked long term deal, its Welker and his agent that are hinting at testing free agency. If you feel a guy who has averaged 112 receptions a year for the last 6 years is a dime a dozen then you should be drug tested. If its so easy how come nobody else has done it . he did it with Tom brady and he did it with Matt Cassell. he did it with Randy Moss on outside and he did it with Brandon loyd on outside. People make so many excuses for why he is so successful but he is a damn good player and is not just another guy. So you didnt burst my bubble you just have an opinion that is not based in any reality
    And he did it with Chad Ochocinco on the outside, who couldn't make it out of training camp with the Dolphins.

The reason I am so high on Welker is because as a Boston resident, I am forced to watch the Pats every weekend (to root against them), and when Welker catches the ball, in most cases there is not even a defender within sight of the camera. Can't say that about Bess. Is that Brady's skill at always finding the open man? Yes, but Welker gets open like nobody else. And he did it here too, with garbage throwing to him, which was why he was Mr. Third Down in his last year here. I'm sure the statisticians out there can somehow "prove" that Welker isn't so great, but I know what I see. Would I bust the bank to get him? No, he's 32. But if he's there to take at a reasonable price, we should be all over that.

Also, I believe Welker has not played only in the slot in NE, he can play on the outside also.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    And he did it with Chad Ochocinco on the outside, who couldn't make it out of training camp with the Dolphins.

The reason I am so high on Welker is because as a Boston resident, I am forced to watch the Pats every weekend (to root against them), and when Welker catches the ball, in most cases there is not even a defender within sight of the camera. Can't say that about Bess. Is that Brady's skill at always finding the open man? Yes, but Welker gets open like nobody else. And he did it here too, with garbage throwing to him, which was why he was Mr. Third Down in his last year here. I'm sure the statisticians out there can somehow "prove" that Welker isn't so great, but I know what I see. Would I bust the bank to get him? No, he's 32. But if he's there to take at a reasonable price, we should be all over that.

Also, I believe Welker has not played only in the slot in NE, he can play on the outside also.
    the telling factor is teams focus on stopping welker now and he still is getting it done. There used to be a myth that he was only being covered by linebackers and thats definately not true
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    First off I never said Welker is not any good. I said Welker is a slot receiver who is a product of his system. How can you watch Bess and not see the similarities between the two? Seriously man, they are almost identical except for skin color. The Brady factor and the offense the Patriots run is the difference between the two. Welker has been in that system for 6 straight years. Bess has had how many different qbs? SParano ran a conservative offense, NE runs a spread the field offense. Bess has always been in a run dominated system, Welker has been in a pass first offense. You are correct, Welker has to make the catches but to say that Bess could never do what Welker has done is a baseless statement that has no credible evidence supporting it. Just for the record, you are telling me that if Welker was on Miami the last 6 years he would be putting up similar numbers? If you believe that, then send me some of the drugs you are on.lol
    The only basless statement is assuming Bess could do what Welker has done when no other player in the history of the nfl has done it. he has averaged 109 receptions per year and even if targeted 150 times Bess's target to catch ratio is no where close to his. Last year Welker had 50 something more targets than catches, while Bess had 40 more . Similar number yet Welker had almost 50 more receptions. I wouldnt say that welker would have the same numbers but I say he would have better numbers than Bess or any other dolphin receiver.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only basless statement is assuming Bess could do what Welker has done when no other player in the history of the nfl has done it. he has averaged 109 receptions per year and even if targeted 150 times Bess's target to catch ratio is no where close to his. Last year Welker had 50 something more targets than catches, while Bess had 40 more . Similar number yet Welker had almost 50 more receptions. I wouldnt say that welker would have the same numbers but I say he would have better numbers than Bess or any other dolphin receiver.
    Well for the sake of all....lets hope Ireland doesn't waste money on Welker. Btw, last year Welker had, arguably the best qb in football history, and bess had RT. HUGE difference. Sorry if you can't admit that. If Wellker were here he would have put up similar numbers that Bess has. Bro, Welker is not special. He has good hands but is a product of the system he plays in.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Before brady...47 games and 1 touchdown

with brady......93 games and 37 touchdowns

kinda says it all
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    You'd think Welker actually raped the grandmothers of some of our posters while pouring sugar in their gas tanks, the way he's being talked about in this thread.

When I think of Welker the Dolphin, I remember a first down machine, ala Oronde Gadsden.

Butthurt, much?

Forget women - Hell hath no fury like a Dolphins fan scorned.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    Before brady...47 games and 1 touchdown

with brady......93 games and 37 touchdowns

kinda says it all
    Yea your right kind of amazing that no other receiver that has played with NE has had that kind of success but yea its all Brady. Who cares that he had 112 receptions with Matt Cassell as qb that happens all the time too lol
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    maybe
    Quote Quote