Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Welker

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    Maybe if we go back to 2007 and not make the trade to the hatetriots, then I say go for it. He is on the wrong side of 30 and he is not an upgrade over Bess. They are identical players, Welker has just had Tom Brady the last 6 years. Miami has had Pennington, Henne, Moore and last year Tannehill throwing him the rock. Pass on his 10 mil a year contract demands and bring a real playmaker like Mike Wallace into the mix.
    So if its all Brady how did he have 111 receptions with Cassel as qb. Bess is not as good as Welker no matter how many dolphans want to believe something bsed in no reality at all.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So if its all Brady how did he have 111 receptions with Cassel as qb. Bess is not as good as Welker no matter how many dolphans want to believe something bsed in no reality at all.
    Uhh probably cause he was targeted 150 times. Sad thing is he caught that many balls and had a total of 3 tds. Man that is great stats man. Averaged 10.5 yds per catch. Not that special dude sorry. If you look at the stats, minus receptions....bess has been every bit as good as Welker. If Welker was so great, NE would not be letting him shop himself. The fact is slot guys are a dime a dozen. I would rather draft Austin than sign Welker. Welker is not special....sorry to burst your bubble.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BTW, for those still thinking Miami got hosed on the trade I would be really surprised if someone offered NE a 2nd rounder and a 7th for Welker tomorrow they would do it. Based on what receivers go for today, they would be stupid not too. Miami made a good trade...can't be helped that they drafted poorly.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pats have this knack of releasing vets right before they start going down the other side.........interesting to see if
    Brady has the juice to get his buddy resigned

My Dad (right); WWII France, 1944
    6th Arm'd Recon, 5 Battle Stars, POW
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bess has much much better hands, but Welker is faster with the same quickness and scores TD's.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WVUBOB View Post
    Pats have this knack of releasing vets right before they start going down the other side.........interesting to see if
    Brady has the juice to get his buddy resigned
    I think Brady convinces them to resign him for another 2 or (maybe) 3 years.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo

Welker

111 catches all over 10 yards which I would guess means close to 100 first downs.. And people "smh" that isn't good?

I Don't want Welker on the Phins but to say catching 100 balls isn't good? That's just nuts.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo

Welker

Ok what I wrote doesn't make sense but its late and I'm on my phone.. Anyways you get the point. Welker was Elite.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Dolfan from São Paulo - Brazil

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is Brady coming with Welker? If so, sign me in, if not, good riddance...
    Hoping for the best but expecting the worst...

"We are going to out-tough you. Here comes a bunch of Guards. We are going to push our way to the Super Bowl, 3 yards at a time." Le Batard

"The Dolphins are bringing Guards to a Wide Receivers party" Stugotz

"I know one thing about these guys, they're not going to stop quitting." Chad Henne

twitter @marcio_oli
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Uhh probably cause he was targeted 150 times. Sad thing is he caught that many balls and had a total of 3 tds. Man that is great stats man. Averaged 10.5 yds per catch. Not that special dude sorry. If you look at the stats, minus receptions....bess has been every bit as good as Welker. If Welker was so great, NE would not be letting him shop himself. The fact is slot guys are a dime a dozen. I would rather draft Austin than sign Welker. Welker is not special....sorry to burst your bubble.

If its so easy to get all these receptions than how come nobody else in the nfl is doing it. You know he has to actually catch those balls. Hartline was targeted 128 times last year yet caught only 74 . So thats 54 times he did not catch a ball when targeted, while Welker last year was targeted 174 times and had 118 receptions , Thats 56 times he did not catch a ball when targeted. So he was targeted 50 more times and yet had a much higher percentage of cacthes to targets by far than Hartline.
    I think you dont realize not many receivers in the nfl could be targetd 150 times and catch over 2/3 of those targets . Wes Welker always has among the highest target to catch ratio. So by your estimation catching 118 balls and only having six tds is worse than 74 receptions and having 1 td, Still a much higher td ration. What you fail to forget is that Welker's job is to catch the shorter and intermediate routes while a guy like Austin would be more of a home run threat. So you say that if NE likes Welker so much why are they letting him shop himself. I guess you forgot they tagged him last year and to tag him this year would cost like 12 million since he was tagged last year. The pats have talked long term deal, its Welker and his agent that are hinting at testing free agency. If you feel a guy who has averaged 112 receptions a year for the last 6 years is a dime a dozen then you should be drug tested. If its so easy how come nobody else has done it . he did it with Tom brady and he did it with Matt Cassell. he did it with Randy Moss on outside and he did it with Brandon loyd on outside. People make so many excuses for why he is so successful but he is a damn good player and is not just another guy. So you didnt burst my bubble you just have an opinion that is not based in any reality
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Well of course not dlockz he's a slot WR. His catch target ratio will be higher due to the fact he's always closer to the LOS. If Bess had Brady and the Patriot system he could catch 100 passes.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote