Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Are you pleased with a Hartline re-signing...

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...at $5M-7M/yr (real cap hit)

70 25.45%
  • ...at $4-5M/yr (real cap hit)

152 55.27%
  • ...at under $4M/yr (real cap hit)

42 15.27%
  • I don't want Hartline back

11 4.00%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with re-signing Hartline?

1. -91
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    I'm just trying to help put things in proper perspective. I used Bowe specifically because he's the first "BIG" receiver name to get resigned. I think it helps in establishing proper perspective by comparing this "#1" vs. Hartline for a few reasons:

1) Folks seem to think this is the time of the year when players are signed for what they're "worth." Apparently, in our case at a huge position of need!
    2) Our F.O. are ran by completely idiots and other F.O.s aren't! Check out what they're saying about the F.O in KC based on the Bowe signing
    3) Value can also be Intrinsic...MOST folks don't get this!
    well no matter how u spin it, Hartline at over 6 is not great value.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    I'm just trying to help put things in proper perspective. I used Bowe specifically because he's the first "BIG" receiver name to get resigned. I think it helps in establishing proper perspective by comparing this "#1" vs. Hartline for a few reasons:

1) Folks seem to think this is the time of the year when players are signed for what they're "worth." Apparently, in our case at a huge position of need!
    2) Our F.O. are ran by completely idiots and other F.O.s aren't! Check out what they're saying about the F.O in KC based on the Bowe signing
    3) Value can also be Intrinsic...MOST folks don't get this!
    Why are you comparing Hartline to #1's? He is not a #1. We need better if we want our franchise QB to succeed.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Six million a year for a decent wr with no big play ability is a waste of resources
    Hartline has great hands, and is a one-man highlight machine. BUT, all he does is catch the ball and usually move the chains. He normally doesn't get yards after the catch, and a strong breeze knocks him down. I like him, but he is NOT worth 6 million per year; I'd give him no more than 3 million. While some think that re-signing our own free agents (at a fair price) is a good thing, I disagree. This is a 6-10, 7-9 team; there are very few players on the roster that are worth keeping. I definitely wouldn't spend 12 million on someone like Wallace... there are way too many holes to fill to waste a big chunk of money on one guy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gofins60 View Post
    Hartline has great hands, and is a one-man highlight machine. BUT, all he does is catch the ball and usually move the chains. He normally doesn't get yards after the catch, and a strong breeze knocks him down. I like him, but he is NOT worth 6 million per year; I'd give him no more than 3 million. While some think that re-signing our own free agents (at a fair price) is a good thing, I disagree. This is a 6-10, 7-9 team; there are very few players on the roster that are worth keeping. I definitely wouldn't spend 12 million on someone like Wallace... there are way too many holes to fill to waste a big chunk of money on one guy.
    I wouldnt call any player with 1 td in 74 receptions a one man highlight machine but i agree for most part
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because Tannehill was a rookie and learning th pro game, Hartline should be better this season and he's tough, it wasn't hard to shut him down becuase there were no experienced receiver opposote him to draw coverage away from him.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do you want to win? you have to fill holes with the right players, if wallace is there and if they can afford him then by all means go get him, Miami have to find a way to close the gap in that division and new england isn't slowing down
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Nah, we can easily afford either if we want them. A million is nothing in the grand scheme of things, even if we are really stuck and need a million to sign someone, we have plenty of ways to get it, like cutting Patterson.

Clearly signing Hartline was always in the plan, if we are targeting say Cook and Wallace, locking down Hartline wont change that. It does rule out Wallace AND Jennings, but well that was never, ever happening.
    We also must look at the possibility that Ireland wants to help "attract" Wallace when we go after him and make our offer too. He could be wanting to solidify the other side with a smart veteran to not have Wallace thinking "but I'll be on the other side of a rook? what if the rookie ends up sucking like their draft pick Egnew did last year and I end up on the other side of Davone Bess?" Type of deal.

If we end up in a bidding war between say CLE, NE, INDY, and US....we need to help sell him we'll be exciting.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Because Tannehill was a rookie and learning th pro game, Hartline should be better this season and he's tough, it wasn't hard to shut him down becuase there were no experienced receiver opposote him to draw coverage away from him.
    well he had a pro bowl receiver next to him the previous year and he wasnt that awesome
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gofins60 View Post
    A one man highlight machine? No.....not even close.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People making the argument that hartline only had 1TD and therefore isn't worth 6mil must not know much about the game of football. Last I Checked football is a TEAM sport so it takes the good play of others for one person to shine. There were at least 4-5 times where Hartline got behind the defense and for whatever reasons the ball didn't get thrown where it needed to be, either he was overthrown, under thrown or the ball was never thrown to him at all. In my book, when i'm evaluating him as a player, those count as TD, not his fault the ball didn't get to him, or that it was not thrown properly. I'm sure other GM's and Coaches see this, and his Agent is making this very clear in negotiations. He should have had at least 5-6 TD last year. so 74 Receptions 1084 yards and 6 TD's, is THAT worth 6Mil a year??? That should be the question.
    Quote Quote