Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Are you pleased with a Hartline re-signing...

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...at $5M-7M/yr (real cap hit)

70 25.45%
  • ...at $4-5M/yr (real cap hit)

152 55.27%
  • ...at under $4M/yr (real cap hit)

42 15.27%
  • I don't want Hartline back

11 4.00%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with re-signing Hartline?

1. -101
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well he is not signed yet for any dollar value so lets just wait a bit more and see
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jjizzim View Post
    People making the argument that hartline only had 1TD and therefore isn't worth 6mil must not know much about the game of football. Last I Checked football is a TEAM sport so it takes the good play of others for one person to shine. There were at least 4-5 times where Hartline got behind the defense and for whatever reasons the ball didn't get thrown where it needed to be, either he was overthrown, under thrown or the ball was never thrown to him at all. In my book, when i'm evaluating him as a player, those count as TD, not his fault the ball didn't get to him, or that it was not thrown properly. I'm sure other GM's and Coaches see this, and his Agent is making this very clear in negotiations. He should have had at least 5-6 TD last year. so 74 Receptions 1084 yards and 6 TD's, is THAT worth 6Mil a year??? That should be the question.

Oh, he should have had at least 5-6 TDs last year, but I don't think the blame for his lack of production falls on everyone but him.
    Oh no, we suck again!
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Dolfan for Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's hard to commit to a guy who had clear chemistry with your young & improving quarterback. We had to re-sign him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Missouri
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    We also must look at the possibility that Ireland wants to help "attract" Wallace when we go after him and make our offer too. He could be wanting to solidify the other side with a smart veteran to not have Wallace thinking "but I'll be on the other side of a rook? what if the rookie ends up sucking like their draft pick Egnew did last year and I end up on the other side of Davone Bess?" Type of deal.

If we end up in a bidding war between say CLE, NE, INDY, and US....we need to help sell him we'll be exciting.
    LOL.

Agent: Well, everyone's willing to pay our $ demands, so where do you want to play?
    Wallace: It's tough man. Indy's got Luck, Wayne, Hilton and New England's got Brady, the TE's, Belichick and they always win. Tough to decide!
    Agent: Don't forget Miami. They just resigned Brian Hartline.
    Wallace: They did? Why didn't you say so earlier! Exciting! Where do I sign?
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People's standards for a number 2 receiver need to be raised.

just to name a few:

Roddy White
    Antonio Brown
    Hakeem Nicks
    James Jones
    Jordy Nelson
    prime Anquan Boldin
    Eric Decker
    Miles Austin

Go get an FA to be your temporary number 1, draft a potential number 1 in Patterson, 3-4 years down the road Patterson becomes the 1 and the FA the 2. If you get Hartline, you will have to choose between drafting a 1 and signing a 1, both wont happen
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Missouri
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjizzim View Post
    People making the argument that hartline only had 1TD and therefore isn't worth 6mil must not know much about the game of football. Last I Checked football is a TEAM sport so it takes the good play of others for one person to shine. There were at least 4-5 times where Hartline got behind the defense and for whatever reasons the ball didn't get thrown where it needed to be, either he was overthrown, under thrown or the ball was never thrown to him at all. In my book, when i'm evaluating him as a player, those count as TD, not his fault the ball didn't get to him, or that it was not thrown properly. I'm sure other GM's and Coaches see this, and his Agent is making this very clear in negotiations. He should have had at least 5-6 TD last year. so 74 Receptions 1084 yards and 6 TD's, is THAT worth 6Mil a year??? That should be the question.
    Using that same logic, now subtract the times Hartline didn't get open for a TD like they drew up. The times we had to take a sack, throw yet another incomplete fade in the end zone, make a checkdown or worst of all: look in Legedu-friggin-Naanee's direction. Now how many TDs does he have in what-shouldve-been land?
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by general tso View Post
    lol.

Agent: Well, everyone's willing to pay our $ demands, so where do you want to play?
    Wallace: It's tough man. Indy's got luck, wayne, hilton and new england's got brady, the te's, belichick and they always win. Tough to decide!
    Agent: Don't forget miami. They just resigned brian hartline.
    Wallace: They did? Why didn't you say so earlier! Exciting! Where do i sign?

roflllllllllllll

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post

just to name a few:

Roddy White
    Antonio Brown
    Hakeem Nicks
    James Jones
    Jordy Nelson
    prime Anquan Boldin
    Eric Decker
    Miles Austin

Go get an FA to be your temporary number 1, draft a potential number 1 in Patterson, 3-4 years down the road Patterson becomes the 1 and the FA the 2. If you get Hartline, you will have to choose between drafting a 1 and signing a 1, both wont happen
    THIS my friend is the post of the day...congrats
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At just under 7 mill a year he can walk I dont want him for that price
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know there are reports out there that Jennings wants $12M. I don't think he's going to get that. Let's say he ends up in the $8-9M range, as many are predicting. Why would you not replace Hartline with Jennings? Why? Because Hartline is younger? Is Jennings not $2M better than Hartline? I just don't understand why you wouldn't do that. Probably one bird in the hand and all that, but seriously, I'm going to be super pissed if Jennings ends up signing somewhere for $8-9M, and we gave Hartline $6.5M.
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post

just to name a few:

Roddy White
    Antonio Brown
    Hakeem Nicks
    James Jones
    Jordy Nelson
    prime Anquan Boldin
    Eric Decker
    Miles Austin
    Please continue
    Quote Quote