Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Are you pleased with a Hartline re-signing...

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...at $5M-7M/yr (real cap hit)

70 25.45%
  • ...at $4-5M/yr (real cap hit)

152 55.27%
  • ...at under $4M/yr (real cap hit)

42 15.27%
  • I don't want Hartline back

11 4.00%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with re-signing Hartline?

1. -71
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Although I voted that I don't want Hartline back "at all" (because I feel he is easily replaced and isn't strong), I still understand the logic of bringing him back as a security blanket to play off of a deepthreat. But it's obvious he's coming back so it is what it is. Now it does seem to be hinting to a Davone Bess departure sooner rather than later...especially if we find Tavon Austin staring us in the face at pick 42 and he's still on the board.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At 6M per....we can chalk this up as Mistake #1 for this year by Ireland..
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    Yeah, why would we want the fastest player on the field who gets open all the time and scores touchdowns? Let's re-sign the guy who makes no plays at a playmaking position, draft a couple fat people, a RB, and call it a life.
    you know what the sad part is ? half the people would agree with you,, really.

Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    At 6M per....we can chalk this up as Mistake #1 for this year by Ireland..
    Please illustrate us about potential actions to save such mistake....

... signing Hartline for $4 Millions/season?
    I think it's the market that states $6 Millions/season is a fair price for a 1000+ yards receiver

... signing both Wallace & Jennings each asking for $12+/year?
    That's too much money for WR spots, eating all cap needed to add quality veterans for CB, RB & TE.

... waiting until draft to pick a couple of starting WR?
    I could see guys like Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen starting with fine results on 2013, but other names like Ryan Swope or Justin Hunter will require a slower maturation process.

In my mind signing Brian Hartline for 6 Millions/season is well used money. But that should not avoid Dolphins from adding Mike Wallace on free agency and Ryan Swope during draft.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MexDolfan View Post
    Please illustrate us about potential actions to save such mistake....

... signing Hartline for $4 Millions/season?
    I think it's the market that states $6 Millions/season is a fair price for a 1000+ yards receiver

... signing both Wallace & Jennings each asking for $12+/year?
    That's too much money for WR spots, eating all cap needed to add quality veterans for CB, RB & TE.

... waiting until draft to pick a couple of starting WR?
    I could see guys like Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen starting with fine results on 2013, but other names like Ryan Swope or Justin Hunter will require a slower maturation process.

In my mind signing Brian Hartline for 6 Millions/season is well used money. But that should not avoid Dolphins from adding Mike Wallace on free agency and Ryan Swope during draft.
    Is 6 mil per a fair price for a guy who has scored 3 TDs in 3 years?
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think this article is very kind to Hartline:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...contract-talks

General manager Jeff Ireland hasn't found many homegrown talents and the team needs wideouts, but Hartline isn't a true difference maker. When $6 million per season is a team's "middle class" of players, it hurts the ability to get true top-tier talent.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Do you agree with re-signing Hartline?

Way too much for an average player. Par for the course.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91
    All this fuss about "anything over 5/6 is too expensive"

Hartline is being 1 million a season over payed to keep him off free agency? So bloody what

If we sign Jennings, Cook/Keller, Cox and keep Hartline and Starks that is a bloody amazing offseason.

Look Bowe is gone, Welker will sign this week Armendola is an injury nightmare. If Hartline hits free agency you can be sure he will be in demand and will no doubt be offered at least 6 m. he is clearly in the teams long term plans, if we pay him half a million over his market value to keep him, so what? What off season was ever ruined by a million dollars of cap space? Signing this deal now means we have one less thing to worry about next week and can concentrate on Jennings/Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks

Snippet

Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    All this fuss about "anything over 5/6 is too expensive"

Hartline is being 1 million a season over payed to keep him off free agency? So bloody what

If we sign Jennings, Cook/Keller, Cox and keep Hartline and Starks that is a bloody amazing offseason.

Look Bowe is gone, Welker will sign this week Armendola is an injury nightmare. If Hartline hits free agency you can be sure he will be in demand and will no doubt be offered at least 6 m. he is clearly in the teams long term plans, if we pay him half a million over his market value to keep him, so what? What off season was ever ruined by a million dollars of cap space? Signing this deal now means we have one less thing to worry about next week and can concentrate on Jennings/Wallace.
    Sorry bro but because you think he will be offered 6 mil doesn't establish value and without seeing his final numbers negates any debate about paying him .5 - 1 mil over his value.

With the amount of holes and need for playmakers this team needs, a million dollars can be the difference between signing Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Sorry bro but because you think he will be offered 6 mil doesn't establish value and without seeing his final numbers negates any debate about paying him .5 - 1 mil over his value.

With the amount of holes and need for playmakers this team needs, a million dollars can be the difference between signing Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings.
    Nah, we can easily afford either if we want them. A million is nothing in the grand scheme of things, even if we are really stuck and need a million to sign someone, we have plenty of ways to get it, like cutting Patterson.

Clearly signing Hartline was always in the plan, if we are targeting say Cook and Wallace, locking down Hartline wont change that. It does rule out Wallace AND Jennings, but well that was never, ever happening.
    Quote Quote