Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Jarvis Jones

1. -1
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jarvis Jones

In many mock drafts I have seen him anywhere from top 5 to late teens. He is simply the best pass rusher in this draft. He reminds me of the late Derrick Thomas. I realize he was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, but it hasn't been an issue. I would take him in a heartbeat if he drops to 12. Thoughts??
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LOVE IT!!!! I'd be absolutely down with this move.Seems like everyone knows he has this condition,except himself.He's an absolute BEAST....and would free up Wake to wreak havoc.Soooo many great defensive players in this draft,but cannot go wrong with this IMO.Hopefully whoever we take.....Ireland won't screw this up!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is the deal with his neck? I heard there was some concern about it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO he would have more impact on this team than any other player in the draft. If we want to win our division heat on the passer is a must. We know we have to beat NE to win our division. In order to do that, we need to knock Brady down early and often so he can't get in a rythem. The Giants showed the blue print to beat the Pats. We need more heat on the QB.
    Our best success against him Was when JT was in his prime paired with Trace or Wally.
    That boy is as Mad Dog would say, "a werewolf on wheels." Get him Jeff !
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    What is the deal with his neck? I heard there was some concern about it.
    He was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal column). He was not cleared to play at USC after he sustained a "stinger" in a game against Oregon. He transferred to Georgia, where the team physicians cleared him to play. He has never looked back and has never had any more problems with the neck. In theory, there is a higher risk of paralysis following a neck injury in those pts with the condition. It is usually congenital and many cases go unnoticed until later in life. He's a top 3 talent and I personally feel the Phins should gamble a little and draft him if he's available at 12.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ehhh, he kinda scares me due to that injury. I'd feel way more comfortable with Dion Jordan, Bjoern Werner, or even Mingo.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He certainly doesn't remind me of Derrick Thomas, but he's one of the best prospects in this draft.

The stenosis is a subjective evaluation that's going to differ from doctor to doctor, team to team. Just as it already has between USC and Georgia. Narrowing of the spinal column is something that's likely going to end your career after 8 years or so, but it's not something that will prevent you from having one. It's not a condition that's going to change in "one hit".

Fact is, the league is already full of players that have spinal stenosis. Some that you hear about, and many more that you don't.

I remember when Chris Samuels supposedly had spinal stenosis.... he had a borderline Hall of Fame career. However, it became an issue towards the end and forced him to retire. Rob Gronkowski was diagnosed as having spinal stenosis. Several players have it. Again, it doesn't prevent a career, but it will likely shorten it.

In other words, it's not something that should prevent you from drafting a player if you have a high grade on him. In my estimation you're more likely to look foolish for letting it be the reason you pass up a player than you'll ever be for drafting him despite it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would you take him at 12 Slimm?
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote