Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
Nice read. I think Ireland is feeling how precarious of a position he's in: going into a second year without giving a young QB anyone to stretch the field is trouble for Tanny's development. It's hard for that young a QB to really succeed without a go-to guy (see: Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon who worked wonders for Luck and RG3).

That said, I'm not a fan of Wallace due to his recent play; production fell off midway through 2011 and was disappointing in the more possession passing game last year. He's not a chain-mover, not a guy you can consistently count on on, say, 3rd-and-7.

I'm curious: what's everyone's absolute limit on what to pay him? Would you go up to, say, 12.5, 13, 13.5?
This is a team and we need players to play roles. We have Chain Movers in Hartline and Bess what we don't have is TD makers which Wallace is 10, 8 and 8 the past 3 years. I'd pay him whatever it takes, last few millions would be incentive based, score 10 TD get an extra 3 million, score 8 TD get and extra 2 etc..