Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brilliant article on Wallace and Ireland

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it's about time ireland grew a pair...

but at the same time signing hartline to a almost $7 mil per year contract reeks of playing it safe...

if he screws up this offseason no excuses...hit the road jack
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ct.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Wallace is the 1 guy that Ireland will overpay for because of his speed and age.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brilliant article? I like Darlington but how is it he knows so much about Ireland's plans for next week? Wallace's agent must be doing back flips after seeing this on the web. This article just gave Wallace another couple million. Oh we're going to over pay and we're going to overpay like a champ. Hopefully it won't hamstring us when Wallace's speed disappears due to age. We better have a way out of this contract after 3 or so years.

And after this article Ireland BETTER end up with Wallace. If he doesn't then there aren't enough eggs on the planet to throw at Jeff's face.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland miscalculated the situation last year? Perish the thought! As we all know, only Bill Parcells miscalculates stuff, so it wasnt Irelands fault.

Either way, we got weapons for Tannehill last year. Legedu Naanee. That wasnt enough?

edit: I have no idea why people are responding to this article in a positive light. All it did was making me roll me eyes. Sure, Ireland "thinks" he has the market pegged, but only because of a damn rule change.
    Unlike last year, Ireland will have a new rule working in his favor. Because teams get three days this year to negotiate contracts before free agency begins March 12, the Dolphins believe they won't risk undervaluing the market as they did in 2012. They'll have more time to pinpoint the marketplace, according to team sources, which will allow them to be more proactive than reactive, especially as it pertains to coveted players like Wallace.
    Seriously people? Other teams have no trouble whatsoever figuring out what to pay a player. We have to rely on the league changing it up to make things easier? This is so indicative of our franchise: a year behind everyone else. Its unbelievable people are applauding our front office. I vote we hire someone who doesnt have to rely on the league office to do half the work for him.
    Last edited by Spesh; 03-06-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    with the three day period between the 9th and the 12th expect good players to sign early because they have three days to talk to several teams and to get offers and teams have the chance to outbit

im thinking Wallace is going for 14 m a year.....SMH
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Nice read. I think Ireland is feeling how precarious of a position he's in: going into a second year without giving a young QB anyone to stretch the field is trouble for Tanny's development. It's hard for that young a QB to really succeed without a go-to guy (see: Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon who worked wonders for Luck and RG3).

That said, I'm not a fan of Wallace due to his recent play; production fell off midway through 2011 and was disappointing in the more possession passing game last year. He's not a chain-mover, not a guy you can consistently count on on, say, 3rd-and-7.

I'm curious: what's everyone's absolute limit on what to pay him? Would you go up to, say, 12.5, 13, 13.5?

In this way Hartline and Bess complement him very well. We moved the chians ok with our current WR core. What we lack is both a consistent deep threat, and a WR that will make plays in the endzone. That's Wallace's cup of tea.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    In this way Hartline and Bess complement him very well. We moved the chians ok with our current WR core. What we lack is both a consistent deep threat, and a WR that will make plays in the endzone. That's Wallace's cup of tea.
    still need a big body WR, with decent hands,
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry, Wallace, Hartline, and Bess is not enough.

As someone said in another thread, all defenses will have to do is double Wallace....and there are no other threats. I hope if we land Wallace, we still pick up a young, fast, RAC hungry WR in rounds 1 - 3 (and a pass catching TE in free agency).

I do expect Matthews to get more run, which I like...but just the above three guys is not enough.

Are we just trying to go 10-6 or are we trying to make some serious noise? Let's make some noise and get multiple play-makers on this team.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Sorry, Wallace, Hartline, and Bess is not enough.

As someone said in another thread, all defenses will have to do is double Wallace....and there are no other threats. I hope if we land Wallace, we still pick up a young, fast, RAC hungry WR in rounds 1 - 3 (and a pass catching TE in free agency).

I do expect Matthews to get more run, which I like...but just the above three guys is not enough.

Are just trying to go 10-6 or are we trying to make some serious noise? Let's make some noise and get multiple play-makers on this team.
    Im not sure we are in a position to complain about "just" going 10-6!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    You mean like the implication that it was Ireland's conservative, steady stewardship that has just FINALLY brought the Dolphins out of the horrible salary cap mess that drove one coach to quit in 2006 and that Ireland then inherited... in 2008? Heh.

Jeff is just that good, man.
    Like not getting Kyle Orton?
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote