Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76

Thread: Brilliant article on Wallace and Ireland

  1. -51
    finfan54's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,946
    vCash:
    19433
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fact is, Ireland has screwed up bigtime (Naanee) among others, and he has also scored big. The latest if Tannehill. There isnt a soul in the league who doesnt recognize that Tannehill was anything but raw. Lacking experience, yeah, but not raw.

    And I see people here continue to live in the past with Ireland. Well, the future is now. This is his moment and he set it up this way. It is why he is still here. He provided a plan and roadmap for Ross and it was probably very detailed and involved any situation of HC who came in. He was flexible with who the HC would be and would marry the ideas of player makeup. So whatever happened in the past is just that, the past, everyone in this world evovles and learns and gets better. Clearly, the guy has gotten better once he gets the right management around him and they work collaboratively. Sparano and Parsells are gone. They have no hold on what we do here. That is why I stay positive on Ireland. He finds gems. He goes deep. He makes mistakes, but he also has scored lately (Pouncey, Martin, Tannehill, Jones, Hartline, and done pretty good in FA minus one terrible blemish in Naanee).
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    DolfanDuBbZ~'s Avatar
    Avoid the 'Noid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    5,591
    vCash:
    4447
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Well, okay, i suppose people can have it both ways. That Ireland is a genius because he passed on Flynn and hes a genius because he tried to sign Flynn. And no doubt Flynn was viewed as a stud when Miami was trying to sign him. And unsurprisingly, those same people viewed Flynn as hot garbage when he refused to sign with us. After all, Flynn was only brought up in this thread after someone pegged him into the "bad quarterback" catagory and suggested Ireland did a good job by not signing him.

    But as long as posters are so blatantly backwards and hilarious, i'll keep pointing it out. We all must stay amused.

    Personally, i liked Flynn. I still like Flynn. I thought we should have signed him and still do. Even had we signed him, i still would have advocated drafting a quarterback in the first round. Im for drafting another quarterback this year(in a late round). Then again, my opinion doesnt do a complete 180 based on what our general manager does.
    Well my opinion never changed. I never wanted any of those QBs. As for Flynn, the thought process on that one, is backward. The guy wasn't worth the contract he was offered then, and isn't the player he thought he was now.

    But hey, I'm not a pro Ireland guy. I just think people like you, don't give enough credit when its due, and place all the blame when things are bad. Its damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. This offseason needs to be a success. If not you and many like you, will have your new GM next year. And with it. More bitching.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    7,311
    vCash:
    32982
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is no evidence Flynn is a bad player anyway, sure he was beat out by a rookie but that rookie went on to have the best statistical season ever for a rookie and led his team to the second round of the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,156
    vCash:
    36326
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    There is no evidence Flynn is a bad player anyway, sure he was beat out by a rookie but that rookie went on to have the best statistical season ever for a rookie and led his team to the second round of the playoffs.

    I never wanted Flynn but u speak the truth.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    7,311
    vCash:
    32982
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I remember after Wilson was named the starter some joker here created a thread titled something like "good thing we didn't sign Flynn, he couldn't even beat out Russel freaking Wilson. AHAHAHA"

    That thread really rubbed me the wrong way because I would have been happy signing Flynn AND Wilson was the QB I wanted us to draft.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,156
    vCash:
    36326
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Yeah I remember after Wilson was named the starter some joker here created a thread titled something like "good thing we didn't sign Flynn, he couldn't even beat out Russel freaking Wilson. AHAHAHA"

    That thread really rubbed me the wrong way because I would have been happy signing Flynn AND Wilson was the QB I wanted us to draft.
    People are so inconsistent on the board. They think Moore is awesome but Garrard sucks( although they trust the coach that had Garrard as starter over Moore)
    Jake Long was so much a better pick than Ryan but they wont pay over 7 million for him.
    A year ago Bush was going to challenge the 2000 yard mark now he is a scrub.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    7,311
    vCash:
    32982
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    People are so inconsistent on the board. They think Moore is awesome but Garrard sucks( although they trust the coach that had Garrard as starter over Moore)
    Jake Long was so much a better pick than Ryan but they wont pay over 7 million for him.
    A year ago Bush was going to challenge the 2000 yard mark now he is a scrub.
    Yup, Bush is the funny one for me. People praise Ireland for making that great trade, Bush goes on to exceed everybody's expectations and now he's not even worth resigning for what would basically be the same money.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,156
    vCash:
    36326
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Yup, Bush is the funny one for me. People praise Ireland for making that great trade, Bush goes on to exceed everybody's expectations and now he's not even worth resigning for what would basically be the same money.
    So correct and they want to replace him with a guy that took maybe 10 meaningful snaps in a game
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    CalDolFan1014's Avatar
    BELIEVE

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    13,622
    vCash:
    50817
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I love how you guys generalize a few opinions into "lol @ Finheaven posters say this...", "Finheaven say that...".

    My goodness, if you aren't complaining about the front office did 5-10 years ago, you're complaining about what some posters on Finheaven feel about Reggie Bush and twist in into the overwhelming majority opinion around here.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,710
    vCash:
    12907
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Fact is, Ireland has screwed up bigtime (Naanee) among others, and he has also scored big. The latest if Tannehill. There isnt a soul in the league who doesnt recognize that Tannehill was anything but raw. Lacking experience, yeah, but not raw.

    And I see people here continue to live in the past with Ireland. Well, the future is now. This is his moment and he set it up this way. It is why he is still here. He provided a plan and roadmap for Ross and it was probably very detailed and involved any situation of HC who came in. He was flexible with who the HC would be and would marry the ideas of player makeup. So whatever happened in the past is just that, the past, everyone in this world evovles and learns and gets better. Clearly, the guy has gotten better once he gets the right management around him and they work collaboratively. Sparano and Parsells are gone. They have no hold on what we do here. That is why I stay positive on Ireland. He finds gems. He goes deep. He makes mistakes, but he also has scored lately (Pouncey, Martin, Tannehill, Jones, Hartline, and done pretty good in FA minus one terrible blemish in Naanee).
    We live in the past with him because past behavior is a predictor of future behavior. He has to prove us wrong, not the other way around.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Mike Wallace Is A Black Hole/Calling Jeff Ireland
    By Elliott 1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 12:43 PM
  2. ESPN article that makes me want Wallace that much more
    By insomnia411 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 12:46 AM
  3. PFT Article on Ireland
    By Hayden Fox in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 07:06 AM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
  5. A brilliant article by Skolnick, must-read.
    By Russian Dolfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 12:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •