Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Vikings expected to battle Dolphins for Mike Wallace

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Report: Vikings expected to battle Dolphins for Mike Wallace

per pft
    The Dolphins have been expected to be heavy bidders for wide receiver Mike Wallace in free agency for some time and it looks like they’ll have some company from up north.
    Jeff Darlington of NFL.com reports that the Vikings are expected to join the Dolphins in the quest to add Wallace to their offense. That’s not surprising news, given the state of the Vikings’ receiving corps with Percy Harvin and the lingering possibility that they won’t wind up having Harvin in the fold when the 2013 season gets underway.
    With the Dolphins missing out on several big targets over the last few years, it would be a cruel twist for them to lose out to one of their former general managers. Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman once ran the show in Miami and now he could keep the Dolphins from landing the apple of their eye.
    The Vikings might not be the only bidder. Peter King said the Titans could be in the mix for Wallace on Tuesday’s Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network and it wouldn’t make Dolphins fans feel any better if Ruston Webster is the one who winds up landing the big fish. They’ve been the bridesmaid for players (Vincent Jackson, Peyton Manning) and coaches (Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher) often enough that there need be no special salt in the wound for it to sting all over again.
    Darlington reports that the team thinks the new three-day negotiating window this year will work to their advantage since it will give them a better sense of the market than they had when the Buccaneers outbid them for Jackson last year. That could wind up working the other way just as easily, though, and we it’s hard to imagine why that would make the Dolphins likelier to get him than being able to sign a player as soon as possible. In other words, we’ll still be waiting to see if the wind blows the Dolphins’ way this time around.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Honestly he is a great fit there, its no mystery that they are looking to Move on from Percy Harvin maybe next season( whose medical issues have caused him to miss a good amount of time)
    FYI, Bring me me Percy
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Joe from family guy voice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipWoX9xL2No
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Joe from family guy voice)

Why did the exact same thing pop into my head after reading the thread title?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post

Im kinda the opposite on Wallace, hes in it for the cash. I have a line that I would not cross for him, a penny over that figure and the browns, Vikings, Patriots or anyone else is welcome to him. Deep threats and speed are great but I would not hamstring my roster to sign Mike Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we really want Wallace (and I truly believe it's unclear if we do or not), our only competition is going to be NE. These other teams may drive up the price, but realistically I can't see Wallace preferring to live/play in Minny or TN over Miami. However, I could see him wanting to pair up with Brady and co. and go for a title.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I lived outside Mpls after a corporate transfer: it was so ****ing frigid that my OE sheepdog used to burrow into the snow for warmth. Great people, sophisticated city but oofta, is it cold!
    Aside from the difference in climate between the arctic and tropics:

MN: 7.85% state income tax; FL 0
    MN: Peterson: run first offense; Miami: WC offense
    Peterson marquee player; chance to be top dog in Miami
    Ponder vs. Tannehill
    Frazier: defensive background; Philbin offensive guru
    Spielman vs. Ireland (well maybe a wash)
    Itinerant team playing at U of MN until approval for new stadium by taxpayers; soon to be renevated Joe Robbie Stadium
    South Beach vs. Mall of America

If dollars are equal, we should still stack up pretty favorably IMO

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Report: Vikings expected to battle Dolphins for Mike Wallace

We better be Wallace's first and only visit. No other team better even get the chance to speak with him. Get him here, and don't let him leave until he's signed a contract. Seems to work just fine for other teams.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love it, finally the Dolphins are on top of a FA prospect as opposed to being in the herd or playing catch up. Bring him in, sign a CB/DE in FA, draft TE/WR early, and possible late round DB/DE/O-line.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    per pft
    Lets see, 12-14 mill livin near Miami Beach playing with an up and coming QB or iving in the land of 10,000 frozen lakes with a team with crap QB?
    Quote Quote