Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Ireland has EVERYONE fooled

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM Maybe Ireland has EVERYONE fooled

And is scheming something epic like the signings of Mike Wallace, Keenan Lewis, Jared Cook, and Chris Clemons and drafting Keenan Allen at #12 and OT Kyle Long #42 and Tank Carradine at #54...... I think with the way the AFC is with a good offseason the only threats to us in the AFC are Denver and New England who both have 36+ year old QB's. I think the time is now... FINS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How can Ireland have anyone fooled when he has not revealed his plans to anyone?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    How can Ireland have anyone fooled when he has not revealed his plans to anyone?
    because everyone expects the same old dolphins in 2013.. not an explosive team on offense
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    because everyone expects the same old dolphins in 2013.. not an explosive team on offense
    Everyone does not expect the same old Dolphins in 2013 and Ireland has already stated that he needs to find playmakers for Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    What in Jeff Ireland's history of running this franchise leads you to believe that he has everyone fooled right now?
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    What in Jeff Ireland's history of running this franchise leads you to believe that he has everyone fooled right now?
    with HIS OWN first 2 first rounders he hit homeruns with Mike Pouncey and Ryan Tannehill.. He has never had the cap space or money he has available. Remember the report of him rubbing his hands together in the locker room after Buffalo game saying "I've got picks and money". Ireland is in a position everyone on this forum would love to be in. Your response is exactly what I am talking about. Everyone thinks he is just going to do the same old conservative spend money and picks on OL DL and LB, or totally blow this offseason... The cap space and draft picks were by design. IMO Wallace > Bmarsh. Everyone expects Ireland to fail but I believe he has a plan and is sticking to it. I think everyone will be SHOCKED by this offseason and all the media pundits will be picking Miami as the team to watch in 2013.. Have some faith brother, I know the results haven't been what we want but rome wasn't built in a day. It is our time, fins up!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    with HIS OWN first 2 first rounders he hit homeruns with Mike Pouncey and Ryan Tannehill.. He has never had the cap space or money he has available. Remember the report of him rubbing his hands together in the locker room after Buffalo game saying "I've got picks and money". Ireland is in a position everyone on this forum would love to be in. Your response is exactly what I am talking about. Everyone thinks he is just going to do the same old conservative spend money and picks on OL DL and LB, or totally blow this offseason... The cap space and draft picks were by design. IMO Wallace > Bmarsh. Everyone expects Ireland to fail but I believe he has a plan and is sticking to it. I think everyone will be SHOCKED by this offseason and all the media pundits will be picking Miami as the team to watch in 2013.. Have some faith brother, I know the results haven't been what we want but rome wasn't built in a day. It is our time, fins up!
    Under estimating the free agent market value at key positions contributed a large portion of the cap space. That's not by design that's a result of a mistake that a good front office exec shouldn't be making.

FYI, Ireland is very conservative when it comes to bidding for players services. In order to land Wallace he is going to have to be willing to fork out Calvin Johnson type money. If he does and gets him, I'll be the first to congratulate him. But I am not holding my breath that he will close the deal.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Under estimating the free agent market value at key positions contributed a large portion of the cap space. That's not by design that's a result of a mistake that a good front office exec shouldn't be making.

FYI, Ireland is very conservative when it comes to bidding for players services. In order to land Wallace he is going to have to be willing to fork out Calvin Johnson type money. If he does and gets him, I'll be the first to congratulate him. But I am not holding my breath that he will close the deal.
    yes I believe he opens up the check books big time this offseason

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TrinidadDolfan View Post
    Are you insinuating that Ireland has everyone fooled?
    That would mean that he really is not an idiot.

Interesting concept.....hmmmm.....I will believe it when we become perennial Playoff contenders.
    Until then....well, he has noone fooled. Except maybe for Omar.
    Yes.. I do think he actually knows what he is doing.. innovating, cutting edge stuff I know. But we will find out 6 weeks from now when FA and draft is over
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post

Wallace had Antonio Brown in tandem; he's not in the same league as top earners, primary, elite wideouts Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitz. As a matter of fact, he's not in the same league as another primary stud, Andre Johnson, whose escalators bumped his comp to $9.5 mil this season. I'd like to see Wallace on the Fins, but it's kind of obscene paying him more than Andre makes. Can't believe that Jeff feels too comfortable doing that, although he can't feel great either about paying Harline what he'd likely get on the open market, so maybe his mindset toward Wallace has been realigned to thinking "market realities" rather than "actual worth".

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How is everyone fooled when there are TONS of reports about signing Mike Wallace and multiple reports about adding pieces around Tannehill? There is also now reports surfacing of Miami interested in Cook. I dont see how anyone is being fooled.
    Quote Quote