Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: most overlooked thing of the Hartline deal

  1. -21
    League Dominator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    4,731
    vCash:
    4216
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What one TD tells me is that he is not a true number 1, and that he would be a very very good number 2. If we had a megaton, Johnson, Wayne type number 1, then they would be double teamed and Hartline would be freed up. If he signed elsewhere, then he would be missed more than most people realise.
    He didn't do a damn thing when Marshall was here. How can you say that??
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2012
    Posts:
    308
    vCash:
    1368
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    You contradict yourself without even knowing it. How the hell do you gain over 1,000 yards against the league's best corners and double teams, if you can't get separation? Do you see how that works? No, because it doesn't make sense. Obviously he did create enough room to gain that many yards. He may not have been a touchdown machine, but I'll go for the cliche and say that he will benefit tremendously as a #2 with a true #1 opposite to him and score at least 4 next season.
    1. he got 25% of his yards in the arizona game, against william gay who recently got cut.
    2. any decent corners he faced completely locked him down. See antonio cromartie, corteland finnegan, and richard sherman
    3. He is not a big enough threat to receive any double teams, which is part of the reason why the offense struggled.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    Bagga-Viagra's Avatar
    Mike Wallace's Baby Daddy

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2004
    Posts:
    2,483
    vCash:
    1474
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    He didn't do a damn thing when Marshall was here. How can you say that??
    Who was our quarterback at that time? Oh yeah...
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    dolfan_101's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,451
    vCash:
    1677
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the dude can't break a tackle or stay up right since he got into the league..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,565
    vCash:
    746
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    He didn't do a damn thing when Marshall was here. How can you say that??
    He led the team in receiving touchdown's his rookie season, albeit with 3. Catching 30 receptions with 3 scores is not bad by any means. In his 2nd season, he only played 12 games. His targets nearly doubled this past season compared to his previous, and was simply utilized more. This kind of tends to happen when you start an entire season as your quarterback's #1 option for the first time. That argument has grown tired.



    "Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    League Dominator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    4,731
    vCash:
    4216
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagga-Viagra View Post
    Who was our quarterback at that time? Oh yeah...
    Is that really the best counter argument you can come up with? Pathetic...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    League Dominator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    4,731
    vCash:
    4216
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    He led the team in receiving touchdown's his rookie season, albeit with 3. Catching 30 receptions with 3 scores is not bad by any means. In his 2nd season, he only played 12 games. His targets nearly doubled this past season compared to his previous, and was simply utilized more. This kind of tends to happen when you start an entire season as your quarterback's #1 option for the first time. That argument has grown tired.
    Funny you should say that the argument has grown tired when you throw out pathetic #'s and excuses then try to justify why a mediocre WR is better than he really is.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,565
    vCash:
    746
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    Funny you should say that the argument has grown tired when you throw out pathetic #'s and excuses then try to justify why a mediocre WR is better than he really is.
    It would be better than it is in a scenario with Wallace lined up opposite of Hartline. You know I wasn't talking about Hartline entering the year as the #1 again, yet you come up with no logical counter to the statement I said above, actually it wasn't a counter at all lol. Not surprising in the least. I'm just here for friendly/logical debate, come at me.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    298
    vCash:
    770
    Loc:
    Bradenton, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

    most overlooked thing of the Hartline deal

    For everyone talking about touchdowns I just read a stat that while here Welker had a total of 3 touchdown......... How'd that one work out for the Patriots? I also remember at least 3-4 Tds that THill just flat out missed him.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    sirvmac's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    552
    vCash:
    1443
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need a better #2. Hartline is a guy who had a good rookie contract/production, now you let him go and draft somebody with more potential.
    You don't overpay for this guy, which imho, is anything above 3 mil/yr.
    I just don't see what this guy has done, that any other promising rookie can't do after 2-3 years.
    Is anybody here really going to miss Hartline? Yeah he has some nice acrobatic sideline catches. Is that worth 6 mil? Or a starting #2?
    There is no upside to Hartline imho, let this guy go and actually upgrade our WR's.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Hartline and Dolphins near deal....
    By ejpoock20 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 11:43 AM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
  3. One thing about this deal we should keep in mind here
    By finfan54 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 08:27 PM
  4. Mort Sais Greise 2 year deal sure thing
    By Dajesus in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 02:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •