Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Release Winston

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    His team was a joke last year. I don't remember him saying anything when he was in Houston.
    he went to kc for the money...regardless if the team was a joke he should be a good soldier if you ask me...or better yet i bet that's what ireland and philbin would want...philbin especially strikes me that way...

plus i don't think winstons as good a player as he thinks he is anymore...he's become kinda stiff and a waist bender of late imo...but he does get the job done i guess...we could do worse no doubt about that
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol Chiefs' fans are in a loss for words because they just tagged Albert and they thought "well Albert will be protecting Geno Smith".

Time to face the music Chief's fans. Your team is drafting a left tackle with the first pick overall (and it's going to suck, Dolphins' fans know how it feels) and you're going to be paying 9 million one year for Albert to play right tackle.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Big Daddy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arvada, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Martin moves to LT, wouldn't Winston come at a cheaper price than what Long is looking for?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bdmagnum View Post
    If Martin moves to LT, wouldn't Winston come at a cheaper price than what Long is looking for?
    We don't have unlimited money. My guess is we bring back Garner and draft a tackle early.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    lol Chiefs' fans are in a loss for words because they just tagged Albert and they thought "well Albert will be protecting Geno Smith".

Time to face the music Chief's fans. Your team is drafting a left tackle with the first pick overall (and it's going to suck, Dolphins' fans know how it feels) and you're going to be paying 9 million one year for Albert to play right tackle.
    i think tackles in play but not sure i think it's a lock despite them cutting winston...they got a 3rd round tackle from oklahoma they like last year in the draft stephenson and alberts locked up with the tag...might be defense specifically dt with the top pick...

might be ot...but again i wouldn't call it a lock...the chiefs already set their ceiling anyways for the near future with the trade for alex smith...doubt it's good enough
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll take him. The thing he said last yr was he was sickened when the KC fans were booing when Matt Cassel got a concussion.

He was right....You can boo a guy for poor performences, but something serious like a concussion is bush league.

Winston would be a nice fit here
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i think tackles in play but not sure i think it's a lock despite them cutting winston...they got a 3rd round tackle from oklahoma they like last year in the draft stephenson and alberts locked up with the tag...might be defense specifically dt with the top pick...

might be ot...but again i wouldn't call it a lock...the chiefs already set their ceiling anyways for the near future with the trade for alex smith...doubt it's good enough
    Cmon man, Hoops stop it lol. Jags, you're on the clock. Joeckel is off the board.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bdmagnum View Post
    sure he would be cheaper and shorter term...but you better hope he doesn't nose dive right off a cliff on you... there's potential here for a colombo like season...i don't think it's that bad but the guys legs look like their almost gone...and with colombo his legs were shot when he got here
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Chiefs Release Winston

This would be a good move... but id probably rather sign Levitre and draft a tackle and lock down our line for years to come.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Cmon man, Hoops stop it lol. Jags, you're on the clock. Joeckel is off the board.
    they have a left tackle they just tagged for $10 mil in albert...joeckels not a right tackle he's a left fit all the way...it's possible they kick albert back inside to left guard which he played some in college at uva and i think a bit in the pros as well but i kinda doubt it given the tackle tag...i think the 3rd round pick stephenson could play into it also...

i'm not buying the media hype right now that the chiefs are in love with joeckel with the top pick...heck the better tackle down the line anyway in the draft imo is lane johnson...better athlete more upside
    Quote Quote