Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Chiefs Release Winston

  1. -51
    Digital's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,904
    vCash:
    8378
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd love to have Eric Winston. He was and is a quality RT. He is a vocal leader that stands up for.his teammates and his anti-fans comment meant he was going to have to go. He is a Miami guy so I doubt he gets into trouble with the Miami fans. I wanted to sign him before and hope we close the deal this time.

    Let's be honest, he's better than Martin and unless Martin makes that huge jump in power that we are all hoping to see, Winston will be better next year too. Left Tackle? Martin will be a disaster at that.

    Personally, I'd rather resign Long, sign Winston and trade Martin. I like the kid, but he has absolutely no sand in his pants. If it.doesn't change dramatically, he is a bit of a bust.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    38
    vCash:
    2157
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Agree with u think Winston would be an upgrade in the right tackle position.........LT up in air unless Lomg signs for under 7 mil.......
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,099
    vCash:
    1901
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lolo damn chiefs have a 40 page thread over his shocking release http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270822
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    PlexGod's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    818
    vCash:
    1631
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign me up... top 10 rt and should come at a decent price. 4-5 mil a year and will fill a big hole.
    Wallace, Winston and Cook and I would be thrilled with FA.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    JC's Avatar
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    5,139
    vCash:
    4559
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Judging by that Chiefs board and some reports, he's got some "serious" injury concerns? Anybody know anything about this?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    TruePoizon's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    532
    vCash:
    2437
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont get it, why are the Chiefs releasing one of their best OL? The Chiefs had a horrible OL, so releasing one of their best doesnt look good on Winston...
    www.TruePoizon.com
    Like me on facebook: True Poizon
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    MexDolfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,563
    vCash:
    1480
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    winston runs his mouth in the media too much...i doubt he'll have much market...says things off kilter about the organizations he plays for...maybe a little too honest i guess...doubt ireland and philbin would buy in...
    Aside of his great quality as zone-blocking RT, I think Winston has a great heart and a lot of class.

    Just remember the issue on KC fans. He was the only guy in a coward roster who criticized the low and classless act of Chiefs' fans who cheered when quarterback Matt Cassel went to the locker room with a head injury.
    I recall a few years ago when A.J. Feeley got hurt and some fans were exited about it, but other fans at the Stadium corrected those crazy punks.
    Matt Cassel deserved some backup from his teammates and I can't remember anyone else but Eric Winston making face for his QB.

    I think that's the kind of personnel that Dolphins must add.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    MexDolfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,563
    vCash:
    1480
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePoizon View Post
    i dont get it, why are the Chiefs releasing one of their best OL? The Chiefs had a horrible OL, so releasing one of their best doesnt look good on Winston...
    Chiefs are trying to add play makers, just like Dolphins.

    Aside of any smokescreen, KC understands they won't trade down from top pick and the only spot worth it is OT.
    Think about this movement as making room for Luke Joeckel or Erick Fisher.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    MexDolfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,563
    vCash:
    1480
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    Sign me up... top 10 rt and should come at a decent price. 4-5 mil a year and will fill a big hole.
    Wallace, Winston and Cook and I would be thrilled with FA.
    Add some decent CB plus bringing back Hartline and Clemons.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    MexDolfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,563
    vCash:
    1480
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I'd love to have Eric Winston. He was and is a quality RT. He is a vocal leader that stands up for.his teammates and his anti-fans comment meant he was going to have to go. He is a Miami guy so I doubt he gets into trouble with the Miami fans. I wanted to sign him before and hope we close the deal this time.

    Let's be honest, he's better than Martin and unless Martin makes that huge jump in power that we are all hoping to see, Winston will be better next year too. Left Tackle? Martin will be a disaster at that.

    Personally, I'd rather resign Long, sign Winston and trade Martin. I like the kid, but he has absolutely no sand in his pants. If it doesn't change dramatically, he is a bit of a bust.
    I think Martin requires some time to adjust his body and technique. Bulking up in the gym and some practice will turn things.

    Eric Winston could solve the RT spot, allowing coaches to focus on Jonathan
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Eric Winston signs with the Chiefs
    By McPhin in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 12:04 AM
  2. Winston to Miami or Chiefs
    By DzakkH13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 02:30 AM
  3. Chiefs place Holmes on PUP, release 14 other players.
    By KingCrowder in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 05:48 PM
  4. Chiefs Release OT Marcus Spears
    By midwest_phinfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:01 PM
  5. The CHIEFS LOSE!!! Chiefs 28 - Colts 41
    By Predaphin in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 08:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •