Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore?

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    577
    vCash:
    1682
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore?

    Let's not forget Moore's 2011 was superior to Tannehills 2012 statisically. Why are we letting him go? Offer him the chance to compete for starting job, which we all know will make Tannehill better not worse, and shore up the backup QB spot at the same time. Why are we giving up depth at the most important position, when it doesn't even cost that much? Who are we going to replace Moore with that is going to be equal or better? The answer is no one. Pat Devlin is not that guy. Nobody we can get has performed better than Moore.
    "Coach Sparano assured us at the beginning of the week, they win the turnover battle, they win the game," guard Richie Incognito said. "And we went out there, turned the ball over."
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,022
    vCash:
    15694
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    Re: Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore?

    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    Let's not forget Moore's 2011 was superior to Tannehills 2012 statisically. Why are we letting him go? Offer him the chance to compete for starting job, which we all know will make Tannehill better not worse, and shore up the backup QB spot at the same time. Why are we giving up depth at the most important position, when it doesn't even cost that much? Who are we going to replace Moore with that is going to be equal or better? The answer is no one. Pat Devlin is not that guy. Nobody we can get has performed better than Moore.
    There is no QB competition in Miami. Tannehill is the starter no ifs no buts


    Moore knows Joe and Ireland value him. If he doesnt get a starting job or the chance to compete for one then he knows hes welcome back in Miami.

    He will probably sign for the Browns or Jets.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    577
    vCash:
    1682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    There is no QB competition in Miami. Tannehill is the starter no ifs no buts


    Moore knows Joe and Ireland value him. If he doesnt get a starting job or the chance to compete for one then he knows hes welcome back in Miami.

    He will probably sign for the Browns or Jets.
    This is the problem with losing teams. They refuse to have competition. No competition at the most important position on the field. Not to mention the guy you're handing the job to has been inferior to the guy you're letting go. Then you wonder why your team sucks.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,566
    vCash:
    18432
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    This is the problem with losing teams. They refuse to have competition. No competition at the most important position on the field. Not to mention the guy you're handing the job to has been inferior to the guy you're letting go. Then you wonder why your team sucks.
    That's pretty funny considering we've had QB competitions every single year for the past decade. Worked out quite well, eh?

    Don't worry, your boy Matt will land with another team that is in need of a good transitional starter. He'll get his chance with a team that thinks it just needs a QB as the final piece. And then Tannehill will destroy that team within the next year or two if we face them.





    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    577
    vCash:
    1682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    That's pretty funny considering we've had QB competitions every single year for the past decade. Worked out quite well, eh?
    Lol no. Henne was handed the job plenty of times, off the top of my head.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,566
    vCash:
    18432
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    Lol no. Henne was handed the job plenty of times, off the top of my head.
    Lol yes. If there wasn't a competition, it wouldn't have been "plenty of times" with constant talk of sitting him for Pennington (again), Matt Moore, and even Devlin at times of true desperation.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    190
    vCash:
    1252
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    Lol no. Henne was handed the job plenty of times, off the top of my head.
    No, he wasn't. They brought back Chad Pennington and traded for Tyler Thigpen. It was pretty well known they didn't trust Chad after his first year of being a starting QB.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    1,239
    vCash:
    2456
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    This is the problem with losing teams. They refuse to have competition. No competition at the most important position on the field. Not to mention the guy you're handing the job to has been inferior to the guy you're letting go. Then you wonder why your team sucks.
    How much competition do Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlesberger, Peyton Manning, Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco, and Drew Brees have? I'll wait...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    577
    vCash:
    1682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Day View Post
    How much competition do Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlesberger, Peyton Manning, Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco, and Drew Brees have? I'll wait...
    Ryan tannehill /= peyton manning, tom brady

    Ill wait for u to realize this
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Im still not sure that Miami is really that high on Moore they seemed to want anybody but him as the starter last year
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 06:58 PM
  2. Matt Ryan or Matt Moore?
    By dolpns13 in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 07:19 AM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
  4. Matt Flynn Vs Matt Moore thread
    By mia4ever in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 03:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •