Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore?

  1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    577
    vCash:
    1682
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore?

    Let's not forget Moore's 2011 was superior to Tannehills 2012 statisically. Why are we letting him go? Offer him the chance to compete for starting job, which we all know will make Tannehill better not worse, and shore up the backup QB spot at the same time. Why are we giving up depth at the most important position, when it doesn't even cost that much? Who are we going to replace Moore with that is going to be equal or better? The answer is no one. Pat Devlin is not that guy. Nobody we can get has performed better than Moore.
    "Coach Sparano assured us at the beginning of the week, they win the turnover battle, they win the game," guard Richie Incognito said. "And we went out there, turned the ball over."
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,394
    vCash:
    18178
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    Re: Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore?

    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    Let's not forget Moore's 2011 was superior to Tannehills 2012 statisically. Why are we letting him go? Offer him the chance to compete for starting job, which we all know will make Tannehill better not worse, and shore up the backup QB spot at the same time. Why are we giving up depth at the most important position, when it doesn't even cost that much? Who are we going to replace Moore with that is going to be equal or better? The answer is no one. Pat Devlin is not that guy. Nobody we can get has performed better than Moore.
    There is no QB competition in Miami. Tannehill is the starter no ifs no buts


    Moore knows Joe and Ireland value him. If he doesnt get a starting job or the chance to compete for one then he knows hes welcome back in Miami.

    He will probably sign for the Browns or Jets.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    577
    vCash:
    1682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    There is no QB competition in Miami. Tannehill is the starter no ifs no buts


    Moore knows Joe and Ireland value him. If he doesnt get a starting job or the chance to compete for one then he knows hes welcome back in Miami.

    He will probably sign for the Browns or Jets.
    This is the problem with losing teams. They refuse to have competition. No competition at the most important position on the field. Not to mention the guy you're handing the job to has been inferior to the guy you're letting go. Then you wonder why your team sucks.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,167
    vCash:
    36396
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Im still not sure that Miami is really that high on Moore they seemed to want anybody but him as the starter last year
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    foozool13's Avatar
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    4,184
    vCash:
    4007
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Phins front office and even players have let Moore know they want him back, so its not a secret. Moore wants a legit opportunity to start and I dont blame the guy. He did a great job while he was here and has earned the opportunity to look elsewhere for a starting gig. Telling him he would be competing for a starting job would be flat out lying and every single person involved would know its complete bull****. Horrible idea.

    Philbin seems pretty fond of Devlin and I trust his judgement much more than yours, no offense.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    TANNERECTION!!!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,824
    vCash:
    41039
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why in the world would you open a QB competition when your second year guy performed as well as he did in his rookie year?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    190
    vCash:
    1252
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    Let's not forget Moore's 2011 was superior to Tannehills 2012 statisically. Why are we letting him go? Offer him the chance to compete for starting job, which we all know will make Tannehill better not worse, and shore up the backup QB spot at the same time. Why are we giving up depth at the most important position, when it doesn't even cost that much? Who are we going to replace Moore with that is going to be equal or better? The answer is no one. Pat Devlin is not that guy. Nobody we can get has performed better than Moore.
    They want Moore back, but not to compete for the starting job. Telling Tannehill that his job is up for grabs now is basically telling him they don't have complete faith in him and would be a wrongheaded move, IMO. Moore might have had a superior 2011, but he wasn't a rookie, either. The coaching staff most likely feels Tannehill has a much higher ceiling, which most observers concur with.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    League Dominator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    4,865
    vCash:
    5280
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moore is a luxury not a need. We should w focusing on needs.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,394
    vCash:
    18178
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    Re: Why is nobody talking about Matt Moore?

    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    This is the problem with losing teams. They refuse to have competition. No competition at the most important position on the field. Not to mention the guy you're handing the job to has been inferior to the guy you're letting go. Then you wonder why your team sucks.


    Tannehill is a better qb than Moore, he won the competition ladt year, no competition is required, Miami know it and so does Moore.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    TealAttack13's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    1,546
    vCash:
    4496
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Tanny is the guy. Moore knows that and he knows he'll get a shot to compete elsewhere. Kind of a moot point.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 06:58 PM
  2. john beck or Matt Moore?
    By dolpns13 in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 07:19 AM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
  4. Matt Flynn Vs Matt Moore thread
    By mia4ever in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 03:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •