Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Doctors examine Long, Dolphins could be preparing offer for Jake Long

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins Doctors examine Long, Dolphins could be preparing offer for Jake Long

The Dolphins did take modest advantage of the ability to have their own free agents in for visits. The club had doctors examine Jake Long on Friday, presumably to confirm a YahooSports.com report that had Dr. James Andrews saying Long is recovering well and is one month from being 100 percent following his surgery to repair his torn left triceps.Remember that Long also tore his right bicep in 2011 so I expect that was checked out as well.This is not routine. It's obvious the Dolphins still value Long and could be preparing one more offer to the prospective free agent before March 12. I'm told no new such offer has been made at this time.The club also might be willing to respond to an offer Long gets on the open market if it meets Miami's financial criteria. In that case, the Dolphins would be effectively letting another team negotiate the Long contract for them.It's all a long shot. The more likely scenario is Long hits free agency and gets a big offer from another team. But the Dolphins are confident they have a good value set for Long and the market will bear that out.The market for players cut prior to free agency, most likely as salary cap casualties, does not have to adhere by the unrestricted free agency rules. Those street free agents can sign anytime. To that, the Kansas City Chiefs reach a deal with former Falcons cornerback Dunta Robinson, according to ESPN.
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Time to move on from Jake.He's old news,can't stay healthy,and was regressing when he WAS in there.Just My Opinion!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's not an opinion that's a well known fact.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    See ya!!!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Dolphins Doctors examine Long, Dolphins could be preparing offer for Jake Long

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    That's not an opinion that's a well known fact.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. It's definitely fact

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm still shocked by the amount of apathy toward Long on this board. A year ago he was the best player on the team. He gets hurt again and plays injured for a while, has an off year, and now he's not worth even entertaining a deal. Of all the holes this team has, why create another one by letting your former number 1 overall pick walk away? If you can get him for $8-$9 per year, I do it for sure.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Underpaying All Free Agents

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland is playing this well. Let the market dictate his value. If it is low, then we can get him back. If not, there are plenty that could match Long's production (or lack thereof) from last year.

The Miami Dolphins: Your home for QBs weeping in the fetal position since 1999.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hewitt, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it would be smart for the Dolphins to give Jake an offer of what they are willing to pay him. Let him then go to other teams and let him find out that nobody is willing to give him what he wants. He has stated that he wants to remain in Miami and if the Dolphins are interested in bringing him back, he needs to know for how much so he can decide by Tuesday where he wants to go. I would love to kepp him, but at the right price. I know he has been injured, but if he can stay healthy, I think he is our best option.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The health doesn't scare me as much as the fit in the ZBS. even at $8 million
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is worth 7-8 million, because he is damn talented and can be effective in the ZBS. I think he is releasing teams don't want to pay ridiculousness money for lineman anymore. He will probably settle for a much lower deal. It will be interesting to see what happens with him.
    Miami Dolphins '13: 0-0-0
    Quote Quote