Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami is not at that stage where you throw a lot of money or picks at one player

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami is not at that stage where you throw a lot of money or picks at one player

...We have all heard of teams being " one or two players away" from greatness but that is not Miami. This is a team in rebuilding mold, they need a lot of players, playmakers and leaders on both sides of the ball. To throw a boatload of money on ONE particular player is unthinkable. That bein said, I like Irelands' approach thus far which is a very cautious way of signing your own player's first and then see what's out there. I think Wallace is last year's Peyton Manning/ Matt Flynn, all smoke but no cigar. You will be suprised who Miami signs, i'll gaurantee you.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not true. They have a solid foundation already with many good players. That is evident from their 7-9 record. What separates them from the elite teams is 1-2 elite players on both sides of the ball.
    The Jaguars are an example of a rebuilding team. The Phins are a middle of the road team. Could have edged their way into the playoffs with wins against Arizona and Indy last yr.
    [SIGPIC]The cynic knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing
    -Oscar Wilde
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I won't be surprised. I'm hoping we get Gibson or Hixon tbh.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Andre Williams - RB- Boston College
    6. Calvin Barnett - DT- Oklahoma State
    7. Seantrel Henderson - OT- Miami

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would have to disagree with that too. The fact we finished 7-9 with new coaching staff, new QB and no real number one receiver shows how much potential there is in this team. And i don't think we're as far behind the Pats as many think. We play them well every year and outside them, the Broncos, Ravens and maybe the Texans there aren't that many good teams in the AFC. We were two missed FGs and a stupid piece of Sean Smith defending from being a 10-6 team. One WR and a G plus one or two members of the secondary and we should be a playoff team. I don't necessarily agree with overpaying Wallace but he'll clear out the middle for Hartline and Bess, cause the secondary to play off so open up space for the runnung game. I think his value is as much to open the offense up as it is his threat as a receiver. As far as i'm concerned we're better overpaying one player that will be a game changer and make a difference than paying two or three fringe players.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Miami is not at that stage where you throw a lot of money or picks at one player

Quote Originally Posted by fisi View Post
    ...We have all heard of teams being " one or two players away" from greatness but that is not Miami. This is a team in rebuilding mold, they need a lot of players, playmakers and leaders on both sides of the ball. To throw a boatload of money on ONE particular player is unthinkable. That bein said, I like Irelands' approach thus far which is a very cautious way of signing your own player's first and then see what's out there. I think Wallace is last year's Peyton Manning/ Matt Flynn, all smoke but no cigar. You will be suprised who Miami signs, i'll gaurantee you.
    So you would rather throw little amounts of money at crappy players, just to fill holes. Not a good idea at all

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Not so sure I want the Fins to go the Wallace way anymore, dont get me wrong I'd be excited if they'd sign him because he's pretty damn good but he'll be way overpaid and wont be good value down the road. I'd rather they sign Jennings if he's willing to play under 10mil and if not, I'd just sign Gibson and draft 2 WR in the top 3 rounds of the draft which IMO is the best way to go at it cap/draft-risk/reward
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
    Not so sure I want the Fins to go the Wallace way anymore, dont get me wrong I'd be excited if they'd sign him because he's pretty damn good but he'll be way overpaid and wont be good value down the road. I'd rather they sign Jennings if he's willing to play under 10mil and if not, I'd just sign Gibson and draft 2 WR in the top 3 rounds of the draft which IMO is the best way to go at it cap/draft-risk/reward
    Thats my thought exactly...I just don't want this team to overpay for a and then hve to cut or release many to be under the cap or something in the future.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Head Dolphin In This Pod

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Im not down with signing wallace for any thing more than 9-10. if he wont sign for that then later. We can get 5 players that would be solid for MW price tag.
    Keep building and not killing ourselves in cap. Must be consistent maximizing your cap space and talent on team. Then you can have a team that fighting for a title.
    MW is too much hype and will get paid 15 mill. Someone will give him that. I hope we fill some needs in FA more than just signing Wallace. WR,G,T,CB,DE
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As of right now, they are a middle of the road team. Nothing more, nothing less. Not that difficult to achieve in the age of parity. The challenge is getting over the proverbial hump and becoming elite. That is where most teams fail.
    That is the challenge facing the organization at this juncture.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree Wallace should only be a Dolphin at the right price. Not sure about Jennings? I guess my hopes lie with Ireland. I hope he does this right.
    Quote Quote