Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: SimCity

Hybrid View

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

SimCity

So we have a new SimCity game after years of waiting and its great... mostly.

The game has rave reviews and is very fun but the launch has been a mess. You have to be online to play (form of DRM) and well the servers keep crashing, millions cant even play in single player. I got in... im playing on an Asian server

The game is now based around a region system, lots of smaller interconnected cities, you can share resources (like power) and services like Police just like real life towns, this is cool but the city size is now smaller than previous games.

Some pics:

My region

Two "feeder" cities that only excist to provide my main city with power and resources.

This is my main site, its cool, but well space is limited which is pretty annoying

So SimCity, good game (if management is your thing) which I highly recommend but...give it a week

Is anyone else playing?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: SimCity

I'm playing too. I got it on launch took until Saturday for the inital server bugs to go away. I have a couple cities. I just started a new city last night using my new tactic for any new city I make from now on. I call it the 3 steps to success:
    Step 1: Start a new city but keep it small and basic but not overly small. 1 main road and a couple shorter roads should be plenty.
    Step 2: Zone all 3 zones (Commercial, Residential, Industrial) and give them everything they need to live. Power (windmill), water (water tower), fire department, hospital and police.
    Step 3: Leave the game running max speed and go to bed.

I woke up this morning with 688,000 the entire city was in shambles do to crime but I will bulldoze everything and start over.
    Quote Quote