Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mile Wallace and Keenan Lewis are best friends since childhood. Package deal?

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Mile Wallace and Keenan Lewis are best friends since childhood. Package deal?

Apparently Wallace and Lewis have been best friends since childhood. Rashard Mendenhall is also very close to both of them. Could this be a package deal by bringing all 3 to South Beach? It's very possible. Here's a good article about Wallace and Lewis' friendship.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/2012/1.../#.UTw-gIe9LCQ

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...-lewis-339598/
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Playmaker76 View Post
    Apparently Wallace and Lewis have been best friends since childhood. Rashard Mendenhall is also very close to both of them. Could this be a package deal by bringing all 3 to South Beach? It's very possible. Here's a good article about Wallace and Lewis' friendship.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/2012/1.../#.UTw-gIe9LCQ

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...-lewis-339598/
    this seldom correlates in the nfl. these guys esp wallace will be about show me the money
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    this seldom correlates in the nfl. these guys esp wallace will be about show me the money
    This type of situation rarely happens because this type of opportunity rarely presents itself. Three best friends all free agents at the same time and a team with tons of cap space has a need for their positions. There's already talk the Fins are pursuing Rashard. If signing Keenan and Rashard assures Wallace I'm all for it. Kills 3 birds with one stone. Win-win for everybody.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This type of situation rarely happens because this type of opportunity rarely presents itself. Three best friends all free agents at the same time and a team with tons of cap space has a need for their positions. There's already talk the Fins are pursuing Rashard. If signing Keenan and Rashard assures Wallace I'm all for it. Kills 3 birds with one stone. Win-win for everybody.
    I still say fat chance these guys are looking out for themselves as they should. wallace is going to highest bidder and if all things are equal best team that bids high
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still say fat chance these guys are looking out for themselves as they should. wallace is going to highest bidder and if all things are equal best team that bids high
    I'm not implying this has anything to do with money or that anyone is taking a discount. All I'm saying is that playing in the same place has to be attractive for these guys and if we can reach deals with one it might cause a domino effect and increase the chances of getting the others.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Point is if money is equal for their services we might have the advantage by selling them on the fact they could all play together. Most of the time the money is equal. It comes down to where the free agents feel comfortable. If we play this right we could score all three.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Point is if money is equal for their services we might have the advantage by selling them on the fact they could all play together. Most of the time the money is equal. It comes down to where the free agents feel comfortable. If we play this right we could score all three.
    Well it depends alot on who we are equal with. if its a team most people feel can contend we might have trouble convincing them. I personally dont want Mendenhall unless he comes cheap now Lewis I do like. I like Wallace if price is right
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well it depends alot on who we are equal with. if its a team most people feel can contend we might have trouble convincing them. I personally dont want Mendenhall unless he comes cheap now Lewis I do like. I like Wallace if price is right
    I think most of these guys realize there is a lot of parity in the NFL. These guys usually go to where they feel most comfortable unless they are at the end of their careers ring chasing. Considering these guys are young and all athletes have huge egos they probably feel like their services will put their new teams in contention. Miami has a lot to sell right now. The perception is we are an up and coming team with a good coach. Plus South Beach is South Beach. That doesn't hurt.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think most of these guys realize there is a lot of parity in the NFL. These guys usually go to where they feel most comfortable unless they are at the end of their careers ring chasing. Considering these guys are young and all athletes have huge egos they probably feel like their services will put their new teams in contention. Miami has a lot to sell right now. The perception is we are an up and coming team with a good coach. Plus South Beach is South Beach. That doesn't hurt.
    i dont think most players in the league know much about philbin unless they played for him so every player will have a different view.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont think most players in the league know much about philbin unless they played for him so every player will have a different view.
    They saw what Philbin did in Green Bay. Besides, the NFL is like a fraternity. Everyone knows what's up with most coaches and players. They also saw the Green Bay offense sputter without Philbin most of the year. This is their livelihood. They know the deal much better than the fans.
    Quote Quote