Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mile Wallace and Keenan Lewis are best friends since childhood. Package deal?

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Playmaker76 View Post
    They saw what Philbin did in Green Bay. Besides, the NFL is like a fraternity. Everyone knows what's up with most coaches and players. They also saw the Green Bay offense sputter without Philbin most of the year. This is their livelihood. They know the deal much better than the fans.
    Who knows what they thought of what Philbin did in Green Bay, in their mind it could be the head coach. You quite overestimate what players think of coaches they never played for. Im sure some do have much respect for certain coaches, People say the same when players and coaches select probowlers and they show time and time again that they are just as clueless and go with names.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also loss of Nelson and jennings for a major amount of games contributed more to their struggles than anything
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what would keenen lewis cost? mendenhall? Cus thats some cash dealt in one shot.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Who knows what they thought of what Philbin did in Green Bay, in their mind it could be the head coach. You quite overestimate what players think of coaches they never played for. Im sure some do have much respect for certain coaches, People say the same when players and coaches select probowlers and they show time and time again that they are just as clueless and go with names.

I think you quite underestimate what players think of coaches they have never played for, and how reputation travels through word of mouth. In Philbins case everyone knows how great the offense he helped create in Greenbay was, and he has the ring to prove it. That reputation alone is enough to attract players.

Pro bowl guys are taken on name far more often then on field work because the majority of fans recognize the big names.

Proud WR of the Lowell Noreasters AAA semi-pro football team. #19

Proud Firefighter.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These "package deals" rarely, if ever, actually come to fruition. Remember last year when we were gonna get Peyton Manning AND Reggie Wayne? Cause, you know, they were "total BFFs forever!" ...

This is something I will only believe when i see it. Besides, I'm not sure even I want ALL those players on our team anyway. Does anyone really want to be "Steelers South" any more than they want to be "Dallas East"? We need to focus on the key players out there that can make this free agency a huge success: Wallace, Winston, Cook... If we land those 3 players I will be content until draft day. Any other good signings are just icing on the cake.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Never mind them being good friends.. We need a starting corner and Lewis could very well be that guy. Would love that sign. Not so much the other 2 because of price tags.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthos View Post
    These "package deals" rarely, if ever, actually come to fruition. Remember last year when we were gonna get Peyton Manning AND Reggie Wayne? Cause, you know, they were "total BFFs forever!" ...

This is something I will only believe when i see it. Besides, I'm not sure even I want ALL those players on our team anyway. Does anyone really want to be "Steelers South" any more than they want to be "Dallas East"? We need to focus on the key players out there that can make this free agency a huge success: Wallace, Winston, Cook... If we land those 3 players I will be content until draft day. Any other good signings are just icing on the cake.
    True people thought that about Peyton and Reggie, but I believe at a point Reggie came out and said he was not going to follow Manning and do what was best for him. To be honest I would not mind getting Lewis, but I am not sold on bringing in Mendenhall on a huge contract. I would rather get younger at the position not older.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think if we make a move at rb we need a big grinder. With reggie and lamar we got all the speed and finesse we need. Mendenhall just don't strike me as a power back. We need what daniel thomas was supposed to be.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    i dont think most players in the league know much about philbin unless they played for him so every player will have a different view.
    Ummm, he was front and center on HBO last summer... I think the NFL players know plenty about Philbin. Whether they want to play for him is a variable.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    would absolutely love the signing of all 3
    Quote Quote