Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mile Wallace and Keenan Lewis are best friends since childhood. Package deal?

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After Wallace, there isn't a FA I'd pay more for than Lewis, and I don't think he'll cost more than Sean Smith. Assuming both are willing to come, it's a no-brainer.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd take that package deal. Add those three who are tight friends, brothers, let's say.... add them with the Bennett brothers, and our needs are met!

Not to mention great cohesion in the locker room...

LD
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No chance it happens.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I still say fat chance these guys are looking out for themselves as they should. wallace is going to highest bidder and if all things are equal best team that bids high
    Wallace grew up in NO, played for Ole Miss and is said to favor warm weather. Factor in that nearly 8% of his income will go toward state MN taxes if he signed with the Vikings vs no state tax in FL, that Philbin is a SB-winning offensive coach vs Frazier coming from a defensive orientation....so IMO, consequently, it won't necessarily boil down to raw numbers.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    unless they all have the same agent and have worked out a strategy ahead of time, this rarely happens, even with just two friends, let alone 3. But I wouldn't be against such a prospect from happening.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What about all the faulty perceptions that R Clark & Keith Butler could share about S Florida?

Oh, thats right. RC & KB prefer some rust belt metropolis smack dab in the heart of Appalachia.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't understand some of your fascinations with Mendenhall, half my family are rabid Steeler fans and I have seen countless games with them, and he is nothing special. Not to mention the fact that most Steeler fans dislike him and found his comments regarding 9/11 and being a Muslim enthusiast very distasteful. You guys want me to post his tweet about Osama Bin Laden's death here? I don't want a m'fer like that on my team, especially as a man with military background. Sh*t for brains also compared the NFL to slavery...saying that the two run parallel to each other, and I am not paraphrasing. Mendenhall is a complete jackass, and definitely doesn't have much between the ears.
    Last edited by AFCMiamiEast; 03-10-2013 at 03:03 PM.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    I don't understand some of your fascinations with Mendenhall, half my family are rabid Steeler fans and I have seen countless games with them, and he is nothing special. Not to mention the fact that most Steeler fans dislike him and found his comments regarding 9/11 and being a Muslim enthusiast very distasteful. You guys want me to post his tweet about Osama Bin Laden's death here? I don't want a m'fer like that on my team, especially as a man with military background. Sh*t for brains also compared the NFL to slavery...saying that the two run parallel to each other, and I am not paraphrasing. Mendenhall is a complete jackass, and definitely doesn't have much between the ears.
    I look at it mostly as pure value. People are saying he's a 'second-tier FA' this year, paying him veteran backup/committee money; but the talent he's flashed in the past exceeds that kind of role. He was one of the top 10-15 backs in 2009-10 when he was averaging 4-4.5ypc; then he had some spotty injuries and locker room trouble. If you can pay veteran backup money (again, analysts think this will be his market) for that kind of seen NFL talent, you do it. And it's not like they know what Miller's going to give them or whether he can hold up - the guy had 50 carries last season. But generally with Mendenhall, I think there's an opportunity - due to his recent troubles - to get good talent at a great price.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    I look at it mostly as pure value. People are saying he's a 'second-tier FA' this year, paying him veteran backup/committee money; but the talent he's flashed in the past exceeds that kind of role. He was one of the top 10-15 backs in 2009-10 when he was averaging 4-4.5ypc; then he had some spotty injuries and locker room trouble. If you can pay veteran backup money (again, analysts think this will be his market) for that kind of seen NFL talent, you do it. And it's not like they know what Miller's going to give them or whether he can hold up - the guy had 50 carries last season. But generally with Mendenhall, I think there's an opportunity - due to his recent troubles - to get good talent at a great price.
    If I am GM, I don't even consider him. The passing game will be much improved after I would sign Wallace and add some depth in the draft, that Lamar Miller is a low risk/ high reward player for me. I'm rolling with Miller into the season, rookie backs came up huge last season.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The big ? Is do all three fit into our system
    Quote Quote