Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins interested in Charles Woodson and Wes Welker

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

FA Dolphins interested in Charles Woodson and Wes Welker

.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/10/dolphins-undergo-paradigm-shift-in-free-agency/

Signing Wallace and Welker would not only make Tannehill look like a stud but would disarm Brady. I could live with Wallace Hartline Welker. BYE DAVONE!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eh . . .
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Bailey/Hartline/Welker/Swope/Matthews

Fasano/Cook

Cover that.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Bailey/Hartline/Welker/Swope/Matthews

Fasano/Cook

Cover that.
    Aren't you missing Mike Wallace? And Stedman Bailey is nowhere near ready to start over Hartline and Welker lol I don't think he would start over Swope
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    Aren't you missing Mike Wallace? And Stedman Bailey is nowhere near ready to start over Hartline and Welker lol I don't think he would start over Swope
    Dosent really matter who starts. All of them would play. Its all about packages and situations.

With those 5 guys you could do a lot of things.

This is why I get tired of hearing whos a #1 and a #2 etc etc etc. If you have a stud WR who is clearly your best WR, he would be labeled your #1. Yet if he goes down with an injury, guys have to step up. People would be saying Hartline isnt a #1, but he was last year.

The point is you need 4 or 5 quality NFL WRs. You need a couple of them to have some versatility so that they can be counted on to play multiple roles. You dont have to have a pure stud, label him as a #1, and right on down the line. Your best WR could be your slot guy. Does that make him a #1 or is he labeled a #3?

Hypothetically, with those 5 guys I would use Welker primarially in the slot when there are 3 WRs on the field. However I would also frequently use him outside in 2 WR packages. Around the redzone he would be in there almost every snap.

Bailey would get a ton of playing time and especially be used around the redzone. He would be primarially outside.

Hartline is an outside WR who if I had those 5 players would only be used outside the 20. He would get plenty of playing time.

Swope could be used in a ton of roles and get plenty of playing time.

Matthews I would work to develope as a beast in the redzone and give him some opportunities in various situations.

Those are 5 quality WRs who you could mix and match depending on the situation. Start whoever you want or label whoever whatever, none of that bs matters. Just because I listed Bailey 1st dosent make him a "starter". Hartline and Welker would likely start the game and be on the outside, but the very next down it could be different.

The chances of us having those 5 are unlikely anyway. We still have to add 3 WRs are there are a ton of options. A lot of things could happen still. Its all hypothetical. I certainly wouldnt mind having those 5 though, because again...... good luck covering that.

You guys play too much Madden with your #1, #2 bs. Thats the whole point I was trying to get at in the Gibson thread. Brandon Gibson is a quality WR. If we add him its a good thing. Why does it matter if he is a #whatever in anyones mind. He can get open, make catches, and make plays...PERIOD. If you put him and Hartline on your roster with 3 other quality WRs, you can attack and exploit defenses by using smart packages and putting guys in places where they have a chance to make a play.

This is also why I dont care if we keep Bess or not. He is a slot receiver and a slot guy only. He has no versatility. He is average or above average in the slot. He is great for getting open underneath and moving chains on 3rd down. Problem is to get in the endzone you would have to hit him 7 or 8 times on a drive, then hope you can pound it in. He isnt a redzone threat because there isnt as much ground for the D to cover and he cant get open as easily. Great slot guys in the NFL today are evolving. Many of them can beat you deep and also play outside in certain situations. Amendola, Cruz, and Welker come to mind.

Hartline dosent offer much versatility because he is an outside WR who can beat you a lot of ways, but isnt much of a redzone threat. This is why we need to add some guys who can do multiple things.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Welker comes for a discount, I am down.
    Miami Dolphins '13: 0-0-0
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UCF Nation View Post
    If Welker comes for a discount, I am down.
    he wont because that is what NE would like and he would rather stay in NE for that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I honestly think the Dolphins are just showing interest in Welker to drive up the price for the Patriots, the same way the Patriots are showing interest in Wallace to drive up the price for Miami.
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I honestly think the Dolphins are just showing interest in Welker to drive up the price for the Patriots, the same way the Patriots are showing interest in Wallace to drive up the price for Miami.
    Thats what I was thinking.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    ^ this
    Quote Quote