Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We overpaid Wallace and now signing Ellerbe is questionable...

1. -11
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    ...and our cheerleaders are ugly, Tannehill is a bust, Miami is about to fall into the ocean, the stadium in on fire, the team is moving to LA and we're going to be nuked by North Korea.

DOOM! GLOOM! NEGATIVITY! PLAGUES OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS!

FLOODS!!! DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I'm just trying to help a brave and innovative opinion toward the "glass-is-half-empty" side. How did I do?
    :golf clap:

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not my money, go Phins!

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnjamerson View Post
    Mike Wallace is not worth 2million more than Vincent Jackson and 3 more than Marshall got. I like him but only at 11mill. If he were a complete package he mite be worth 13 but i would have rather had Welker and Gibson for that money. And my biggest question is why did we sign Ellerbe. He doesnt rush the passer and we already have Dansby. Are we releasing Dansby or Burnett. We cant keep all 3 thats just too much money to spend on a Lb core. And lets hope its not a huge overpaying deal like Wallace or we r done in free agency with 2 players. We have to cut Patterson, Marshall, Carpenter and maybe more if we wana get better. Much rather have Houston and Cook rather than Ellerbe. The guy really hasnt done anything to justify a huge contract. We still really need a Left Tackle, 2 or 3 CBs, and a pass rusher. Please tell me we arent going into draft filling these holes. Im not trying to be negative lets get that straight. Im just confused why we are spending so much so fast. We needed to bring in 5 or 6 players on decent contracts not 3 guys on monster deals that cripple us in the next several years. This has Jeff Ireland trying to save his job all over it. Hartline-1mill to much, Wallace 2 mill to much, randy starks 2 mill to much and Ellerbe is pron like 2 mill to much. that is 7 million a year we overpaid and coulda paid Jared Cook. So we basically lost a free agent upgrade overpaying. And now we have to have a TE with Fasano in KC
    Don't you have a dog to kick at home?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    If there is one thing we all know is that this FO is pretty good with money and have gotten better every year. That's why we had $40mil and tons of draft picks. Try not to freak about the money - freak about the players if you must.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because being cheap and letting players walk out was working so great, right?
    Miami Dolphins '13: 0-0-0
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude shut up and please never come back to this forum
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These are big contracts but the cap hits are reasonable.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You are questionable! There's always some clown who wants to pi55 in the cornflakes. These are the most significant additions since Ricky and we ain't done yet. Go pi55 somwhere else please.

Mike Wallace is not worth 2million more than Vincent Jackson and 3 more than Marshall got. I like him but only at 11mill. If he were a complete package he mite be worth 13 but i would have rather had Welker and Gibson for that money. And my biggest question is why did we sign Ellerbe. He doesnt rush the passer and we already have Dansby. Are we releasing Dansby or Burnett. We cant keep all 3 thats just too much money to spend on a Lb core. And lets hope its not a huge overpaying deal like Wallace or we r done in free agency with 2 players. We have to cut Patterson, Marshall, Carpenter and maybe more if we wana get better. Much rather have Houston and Cook rather than Ellerbe. The guy really hasnt done anything to justify a huge contract. We still really need a Left Tackle, 2 or 3 CBs, and a pass rusher. Please tell me we arent going into draft filling these holes. Im not trying to be negative lets get that straight. Im just confused why we are spending so much so fast. We needed to bring in 5 or 6 players on decent contracts not 3 guys on monster deals that cripple us in the next several years. This has Jeff Ireland trying to save his job all over it. Hartline-1mill to much, Wallace 2 mill to much, randy starks 2 mill to much and Ellerbe is pron like 2 mill to much. that is 7 million a year we overpaid and coulda paid Jared Cook. So we basically lost a free agent upgrade overpaying. And now we have to have a TE with Fasano in KC
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you rarely get good value for someone. for good players, especially in todays day and age, you are prob going to have to overpay for the players you want.

wallace gives us something we have lacked, and that is a wr who can make big plays downfield. we needed him anyway we could. who cares at the end of the day if we overpaid buy 1 or 2 mill, if he ends up catching 10 plus tds yearly with 1200 plus yds and leads us to playoff appearances and superbowls, it will be well worth it.

sit back and enjoy, we actually have a team now, and also this will allow a very solid wr in hartline to actually do what he does best and not be something he is not, which is a number 1
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    delaware
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well that didnt too long...haters gonna hate.
    Quote Quote