Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: We overpaid Wallace and now signing Ellerbe is questionable...

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shut up !!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnjamerson View Post
    Mike Wallace is not worth 2million more than Vincent Jackson and 3 more than Marshall got. I like him but only at 11mill. If he were a complete package he mite be worth 13 but i would have rather had Welker and Gibson for that money. And my biggest question is why did we sign Ellerbe. He doesnt rush the passer and we already have Dansby. Are we releasing Dansby or Burnett. We cant keep all 3 thats just too much money to spend on a Lb core. And lets hope its not a huge overpaying deal like Wallace or we r done in free agency with 2 players. We have to cut Patterson, Marshall, Carpenter and maybe more if we wana get better. Much rather have Houston and Cook rather than Ellerbe. The guy really hasnt done anything to justify a huge contract. We still really need a Left Tackle, 2 or 3 CBs, and a pass rusher. Please tell me we arent going into draft filling these holes. Im not trying to be negative lets get that straight. Im just confused why we are spending so much so fast. We needed to bring in 5 or 6 players on decent contracts not 3 guys on monster deals that cripple us in the next several years. This has Jeff Ireland trying to save his job all over it. Hartline-1mill to much, Wallace 2 mill to much, randy starks 2 mill to much and Ellerbe is pron like 2 mill to much. that is 7 million a year we overpaid and coulda paid Jared Cook. So we basically lost a free agent upgrade overpaying. And now we have to have a TE with Fasano in KC
    so 11 milion is ok but 12 is to much you are a idiot. We dont have to cut patterson or marshall. We will release a LB. We need 3 Cb thats a joke we have several nickle corners. Cook is still in play.
    H.O.K.I.E.S Hokies.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    wtf stfu
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Ireland has stepped it up for sure! I don't see how you can say he overpaid contracts go up every year
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't worry...be happy!
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do you not realize that the ****ing SB Champions sacrificed the receiving star of that game to pare down the cap in order to specifically sign not Reed, not. krueger but. Ellerbe as the top priority? We're not talking mike Tannenbaum here..it's Ozzie ****ing Newsone who's made that evaluation! Or in evoking the memory of Archie Bunker: "Stifle Edith!!!!"

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Use your head, Dansby is gone or will be forced to restructure - (unlikely).
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnjamerson View Post
    Mike Wallace is not worth 2million more than Vincent Jackson and 3 more than Marshall got. I like him but only at 11mill. If he were a complete package he mite be worth 13 but i would have rather had Welker and Gibson for that money. And my biggest question is why did we sign Ellerbe. He doesnt rush the passer and we already have Dansby. Are we releasing Dansby or Burnett. We cant keep all 3 thats just too much money to spend on a Lb core. And lets hope its not a huge overpaying deal like Wallace or we r done in free agency with 2 players. We have to cut Patterson, Marshall, Carpenter and maybe more if we wana get better. Much rather have Houston and Cook rather than Ellerbe. The guy really hasnt done anything to justify a huge contract. We still really need a Left Tackle, 2 or 3 CBs, and a pass rusher. Please tell me we arent going into draft filling these holes. Im not trying to be negative lets get that straight. Im just confused why we are spending so much so fast. We needed to bring in 5 or 6 players on decent contracts not 3 guys on monster deals that cripple us in the next several years. This has Jeff Ireland trying to save his job all over it. Hartline-1mill to much, Wallace 2 mill to much, randy starks 2 mill to much and Ellerbe is pron like 2 mill to much. that is 7 million a year we overpaid and coulda paid Jared Cook. So we basically lost a free agent upgrade overpaying. And now we have to have a TE with Fasano in KC
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

We overpaid Wallace and now signing Ellerbe is questionable...

Tell me was V. Jackson worth what he was paid last year before he signed the contract? Of course he wasn't. The FA market is what it is.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank u no ma tater what we do some will be negative
    Quote Quote