Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: No more welker!!!

1. -51
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    I know I "enjoyed" Welker and those 46 games as a Dolphin with 1 touchdown

So players never develop and become better or are used better. I guess you forget Cameron Wake couldnt even make an NFL team and was out of football for two years before he even had success in canada.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brilliant move by the Pats, they basically got a younger version of Welker locked up for 5 years. I think NE paying Amendola more than what they were offering Wes tells us everything we need to know about Wes Welker.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Out of a possible 64 games in his career he has played in 42. The last 2 seasons that number is 12. In my mind this guy is to fragile to rely on as a replacement to Welker. In what is undoubtedly Brady's last couple of years, they should have shelled out the extra 2 million and kept Welker instead of letting him go a team that is viewed as one of the favorites in the AFC. Welker is a lot more reliable then Danny Amendola.

Also, what the Pats just did to Tom Brady is far from the family atmosphere they have been repeatedly described as.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Out of a possible 64 games in his career he has played in 42. The last 2 seasons that number is 12. In my mind this guy is to fragile to rely on as a replacement to Welker. In what is undoubtedly Brady's last couple of years, they should have shelled out the extra 2 million and kept Welker instead of letting him go a team that is viewed as one of the favorites in the AFC. Welker is a lot more reliable then Danny Amendola.

Also, what the Pats just did to Tom Brady is far from the family atmosphere they have been repeatedly described as.
    any player can get injured, is Grink now fragile b/c he has been hurt the last 2 years? if Amendola can't stay healthy it will turn out to be a bad move but we can say that w/ any move. What if Wallace gets hurt? Player for player assuming good health NE made a spectacular move.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Virgil Caine is the name

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ServedOnThe DanvilleTrain
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So players never develop and become better or are used better. I guess you forget Cameron Wake couldnt even make an NFL team and was out of football for two years before he even had success in canada.
    Or Hartline already - for that matter! Applying that philosophy, then you'd certainly have to agree wouldn't you?

The addition of a stud young QB with outstanding defense reading abilities and accuracy transformed him into a 1000 yard receiver - and that's with being on death's door and very little pre-training camp conditioning.

Welker was great but had diversions including Moss and then Hernandez and
    Gronk. Last season Hartline did his thing with Gaffney, Armstrong and Leggo MyEggo. Imagine how his TD production will amplify now that he's lining up with that same QB, the most prolific and productive 30yd long ball receiver since '09 and presumably 1 or 2 TEs that can actually get open and catch the ball.

It's hard to believe isn't it how on FH he's begrudged the $6MM and labeled as "mediocre" but to more impersonal, agenda-free sports fans like the consensus of JetsInsider and a bunch of folks comparing him favorably to Brown on the Steelers board, even without these new complimentary tools, Hartline was considered a good re-signing at a fair price.

Or doesn't the crisp route-running, sure-handed Hartline fit your narrative?

Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin

That's exactly right. Some players are more prone to injury than others and amendola might be that player. It's not like Brady is 27 and welker is 36. You know what you have with Wes. You know he's gonna catch over 100 balls and give you 1200+ yards. You know he's durable and can take hit after hit in the slot. Amendolas never reached 700 yards in a season. He's been injured

Maybe he can stay healthy for a full season, maybe he can give you close to what welker gave New England. But that's a lot of ifs to deal with in Brady's last couple of seasons. And to take that chance for a couple of million? The pats over thought this one. They definitely made this decision personal. Maybe amendola becomes the new Wes welker. Maybe he doesn't. But do you know who would definitely give you welkers production? Wes welker
    Last edited by Harry_Bagpipe; 03-14-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I post on a dolphins site, an overzealous mod didn't like me questioning his "power" and banned me for the week. been posting there since 2004 and have never been banned. I was wronged and now I don't think I will post there again and it will be their loss. .
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    any player can get injured, is Grink now fragile b/c he has been hurt the last 2 years? if Amendola can't stay healthy it will turn out to be a bad move but we can say that w/ any move. What if Wallace gets hurt? Player for player assuming good health NE made a spectacular move.
    I would label Gronk as immature and having injury issues. Wallace has no history of injury. Comparing that to a guy with a history is apples and oranges. Again, this guy has played in 12 games in the last two years. Welker is far more reliable and should have been resigned for this last push.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would label Gronk as immature and having injury issues. Wallace has no history of injury. Comparing that to a guy with a history is apples and oranges. Again, this guy has played in 12 games in the last two years. Welker is far more reliable and should have been resigned for this last push.
    NE isn't stupid, everyone vastly overrates Welker and NE wasn't going to pay big $ for a player like that. This is the team that knows him better than any other and they signed a new player to more than they offered Welker and were ok letting him go to a team they will be competing w/ for a SB berth next year. That should tell us something.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    NE isn't stupid, everyone vastly overrates Welker and NE wasn't going to pay big $ for a player like that. This is the team that knows him better than any other and they signed a new player to more than they offered Welker and were ok letting him go to a team they will be competing w/ for a SB berth next year. That should tell us something.
    It tells us that this was personal. Believe me I agree with the logic of getting younger but letting a proven commodity walk, who has shown durability over the years, and replacing him with a guy who has missed 20 games the last two seasons is not a wise decision.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Glad to see him go... Twice a year he's killed us. It was personal for him.
    Quote Quote