List of the top available Free agents in our biggest areas of need. Reply back with your own list of players who you think would be good fits for the team.
You can copy and paste the following as a template if you want:
7)Other areas of need
(note)If you don't feel like there are any guys in one area that you like leave it blank. Also if you really feel like you want to address the area with someone in the draft you can write that in too!
I added the current age of all the players to save you time looking that up. Pretty much all of these guys should still be on the market as of now. Some may be deep in negotiations though so keep that in mind. I used Google and NFL.com for the info. (edit. Gregg Rosenthal's NFL.com story to be more precise thks DzakkH13) The mini scouting reports are from NFL.com's list. If I missed any big FA's let me know.
13) Brent Grimes, CB, 29 Atlanta Falcons: He'd be among the top 10 players if not for the torn Achilles' tendon suffered in Week 1 last year. That's a big "if," though. Grimes could sign a short-term deal, but his talent is worth the risk.
14) Aqib Talib, CB, 27 New England Patriots: I'd take my chances with Grimes over Talib, whose on-field play can be as erratic as his off-field behavior.
18) Antoine Winfield, CB,35 Minnesota Vikings: He's still one of the best run-stopping cornerbacks in the NFL and can help a team looking for a slot defender.
41) Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, 31 Philadelphia Eagles: Some team will think they can turn Asomugha around, but it's an act of faith.
67) Antoine Cason, CB, 26 San Diego Chargers: A.J. Smith's former first-round pick never lived up to his draft slot, but he's not a bad starter.
72) Mike Jenkins, CB,27 Dallas Cowboys: I stubbornly remember the moments that Jenkins looked like a pretty solid pro.
2) Sebastian Vollmer, OT, 28 New England Patriots: Vollmer is a young, starter who is more important to the Patriots' future than Welker. This is where some of Tom Brady's cap savings might go.
3) Andre Smith, OT, 26 Cincinnati Bengals: No one is making fun of Smith's man boobs now. The Bengals chose to tag Michael Johnson, so Smith is in position to hit the market.
11) Jake Long, OT, 27 Miami Dolphins: Will a team get early-career Jake Long or late-career Tony Boselli? Long is a prime candidate to get overpaid.
27) Brandon Moore, G, 34 New York Jets: He's so much more than one-half of the "Butt Fumble." Moore can upgrade a lot of starting units
43) Eric Winston, OT, 29 Kansas City Chiefs: A solid short-term solution at right tackle. The biggest question: Why has he been cut twice in two years other than his high salaries?
59) Willie Colon, G/T, 30 Pittsburgh Steelers: He's struggled with injuries, but Colon is still a mauler in the running game.
71) Bryant McKinnie, OT,33 Baltimore Ravens: It sounds like he won't be back in Baltimore. McKinnie's playoff run was rather epic, but teams don't trust it will happen again.
?)Sione Po'uha, OT, 34 -Just released
20) Dustin Keller, TE,28 New York Jets: Yes, there's a chance he gets a whole lot better away from Mark buttfumble, Tony Sparano and the rest of the Jets' offensive morass.
24) Fred Davis, TE,27 Washington Redskins: Davis was one of the league's most promising young tight ends before tearing his Achilles' tendon. He could be a great bargain.
30) Dwight Freeney, DE, 33 Indianapolis Colts: It wasn't just about the scheme change. Freeney hasn't been that explosive for the last two years.
31) Osi Umenyiora, DE, 31 New York Giants: Like Freeney, Osi would best be deployed in smaller doses as a situational pass rusher.
61) Matt Shaughnessy, DE, 26 Oakland Raiders: Once wildly underrated, Shaughnessy has lost two seasons to injury and ineffectiveness. He could prove to be a nice bargain.
62) Israel Idonije, DE, 32 Chicago Bears: Idonije offers quality veteran snaps for a low price.
68) John Abraham, DE, 34 Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons need pass rush help and still chose not to keep Abraham around for a $4.25 million base salary. That's not a great sign.
29) Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, 26 New York Giants: A 26-year-old who seems to have the body of a 30-year-old. But there is no better free-agent running back when healthy.
63) Beanie Wells, RB,24 Arizona Cardinals: The disappointing first-round pick could still help a team looking for a short-yardage back.
5) Greg Jennings, WR, 29 Green Bay Packers: Precise route running and yards after the catch are two skills that should work in any system.
?)Laurent Robinson, WR, 27 - Just released
?) Darrius Heyward-Bey, 26 - Just released