Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Board of top FA's who are unsigned; Reply with a List of FA's you want to get.

1. -1
    New Mexico Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks

FA Big Board of top FA's who are unsigned; Reply with a List of FA's you want to get.

List of the top available Free agents in our biggest areas of need. Reply back with your own list of players who you think would be good fits for the team.

You can copy and paste the following as a template if you want:
    1)Cornerback's
    2)Offensive Linemen
    3)Tight End's
    4)Defensive End's
    5)Running Back's
    6)Wide Receiver's
    7)Other areas of need

(note)If you don't feel like there are any guys in one area that you like leave it blank. Also if you really feel like you want to address the area with someone in the draft you can write that in too!

I added the current age of all the players to save you time looking that up. Pretty much all of these guys should still be on the market as of now. Some may be deep in negotiations though so keep that in mind. I used Google and NFL.com for the info. (edit. Gregg Rosenthal's NFL.com story to be more precise thks DzakkH13) The mini scouting reports are from NFL.com's list. If I missed any big FA's let me know.

1)Cornerbacks
    13) Brent Grimes, CB, 29 Atlanta Falcons: He'd be among the top 10 players if not for the torn Achilles' tendon suffered in Week 1 last year. That's a big "if," though. Grimes could sign a short-term deal, but his talent is worth the risk.
    14) Aqib Talib, CB, 27 New England Patriots: I'd take my chances with Grimes over Talib, whose on-field play can be as erratic as his off-field behavior.
    18) Antoine Winfield, CB,35 Minnesota Vikings: He's still one of the best run-stopping cornerbacks in the NFL and can help a team looking for a slot defender.
    41) Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, 31 Philadelphia Eagles: Some team will think they can turn Asomugha around, but it's an act of faith.
    67) Antoine Cason, CB, 26 San Diego Chargers: A.J. Smith's former first-round pick never lived up to his draft slot, but he's not a bad starter.
    72) Mike Jenkins, CB,27 Dallas Cowboys: I stubbornly remember the moments that Jenkins looked like a pretty solid pro.

2)Offensive Linemen
    2) Sebastian Vollmer, OT, 28 New England Patriots: Vollmer is a young, starter who is more important to the Patriots' future than Welker. This is where some of Tom Brady's cap savings might go.
    3) Andre Smith, OT, 26 Cincinnati Bengals: No one is making fun of Smith's man boobs now. The Bengals chose to tag Michael Johnson, so Smith is in position to hit the market.
    11) Jake Long, OT, 27 Miami Dolphins: Will a team get early-career Jake Long or late-career Tony Boselli? Long is a prime candidate to get overpaid.
    27) Brandon Moore, G, 34 New York Jets: He's so much more than one-half of the "Butt Fumble." Moore can upgrade a lot of starting units
    43) Eric Winston, OT, 29 Kansas City Chiefs: A solid short-term solution at right tackle. The biggest question: Why has he been cut twice in two years other than his high salaries?
    59) Willie Colon, G/T, 30 Pittsburgh Steelers: He's struggled with injuries, but Colon is still a mauler in the running game.
    71) Bryant McKinnie, OT,33 Baltimore Ravens: It sounds like he won't be back in Baltimore. McKinnie's playoff run was rather epic, but teams don't trust it will happen again.
    ?)Sione Po'uha, OT, 34 -Just released

3)Tight Ends
    20) Dustin Keller, TE,28 New York Jets: Yes, there's a chance he gets a whole lot better away from Mark buttfumble, Tony Sparano and the rest of the Jets' offensive morass.
    24) Fred Davis, TE,27 Washington Redskins: Davis was one of the league's most promising young tight ends before tearing his Achilles' tendon. He could be a great bargain.

4)Defensive Ends
    30) Dwight Freeney, DE, 33 Indianapolis Colts: It wasn't just about the scheme change. Freeney hasn't been that explosive for the last two years.
    31) Osi Umenyiora, DE, 31 New York Giants: Like Freeney, Osi would best be deployed in smaller doses as a situational pass rusher.
    61) Matt Shaughnessy, DE, 26 Oakland Raiders: Once wildly underrated, Shaughnessy has lost two seasons to injury and ineffectiveness. He could prove to be a nice bargain.
    62) Israel Idonije, DE, 32 Chicago Bears: Idonije offers quality veteran snaps for a low price.
    68) John Abraham, DE, 34 Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons need pass rush help and still chose not to keep Abraham around for a $4.25 million base salary. That's not a great sign.

5)Running Backs

29) Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, 26 New York Giants: A 26-year-old who seems to have the body of a 30-year-old. But there is no better free-agent running back when healthy.
    63) Beanie Wells, RB,24 Arizona Cardinals: The disappointing first-round pick could still help a team looking for a short-yardage back.

6)Wide Receivers
    5) Greg Jennings, WR, 29 Green Bay Packers: Precise route running and yards after the catch are two skills that should work in any system.
    ?)Laurent Robinson, WR, 27 - Just released
    ?) Darrius Heyward-Bey, 26 - Just released
    Last edited by catch22; 03-15-2013 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Give me Jake Long, Fred Davis or Keller and maybe a pass-rushing DE.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd like to see us take a chance on grimes
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd like to see us address Offense of tackle. Vollmer would be a dream. Winston is more realistic. Long would be fine at the right price.

Keller and then Either Cason or Grimes or Antonie Winfield on a 1 or 2 yr deal while we draft 2 corners in the 1st 4 picks we have.

Tavon Austin or a Pass Rusher at 12.

So my ideal situation

1) Vollmer
    2) Winfield
    3) Keller
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These are all the players I would take

CB- Cason/Talib/Grimes
    OL-Vollmer/Long/Winston
    TE-Keller
    DE-Freeney/Osi/Abe
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    These are all the players I would take

CB- Cason/Talib/Grimes
    OL-Vollmer/Long/Winston
    TE-Keller
    DE-Freeney/Osi/Abe
    Give me any 4 of those guys and I would be very very happy!
    ANGELOfinsFAN
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Talib/asomugha
    Vollmer/long
    Freeney/osi
    Jennings
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Grimes would be a great fit on a cheap prove it deal. Also think Adam Jones would be a good fit here.
    Jake Long coming back at the right price is my first choice, otherwise stealing away Volmer or signing Winston would be a nice consolation
    If Dumerville gets released tomorrow then he would be my top pass rusher. Pairing him with Wake would go a long ways. Also really like Antwaan Barnes
    Keller or Davis would be solid pickups at TE

Obviously we aren't going to be able to fill the rest of our needs with FA. But thats why we have 5 picks in the top 100. Filling a few needs would be beneficial though...the less needs we have the more inclined Ireland will be to take the BPA instead of reaching for needs.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palmdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cason or Winfield at CB on 1 year deals. I know Cason probably wouldnt take a 1 year deal.
    Wait to see if Dumervill is released
    I got $500 on the Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I created a list of the top available Free agents in our biggest areas of need. Reply back with your own list of players who you think would be good fits for the team.
    How about you give credit to Gregg Rosenthal for his story on NFL.com?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...%7BuserLink%7D

HE came up with this list, not you.

- Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."

Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

Quote Quote