Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: Ellerbe most likely a bust

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2013
    Posts:
    83
    vCash:
    1419
    Thanks / No Thanks

    OPINION Ellerbe most likely a bust

    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Foe-Jarmer's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    21
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    so because those other Lb'ers played with Ray Lewis and underachieved that means he will too??
    sound logic.....
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2013
    Posts:
    83
    vCash:
    1419
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe-Jarmer View Post
    so because those other Lb'ers played with Ray Lewis and underachieved that means he will too??
    sound logic.....
    You may think is not logical but history backs me up. Hope is the only thing that backs you up and wishing he will be a stud doesn't sound logical to me. So for now I am more likely to be right than your hopes and wishes. Have a goodnight buddy
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Foe-Jarmer's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    21
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    You may think is not logical but history backs me up. Hope is the only thing that backs you up and wishing he will be a stud doesn't sound logical to me. So for now I am more likely to be right than your hopes and wishes. Have a goodnight buddy
    when did i say he was going to be a stud? please point that out to me. i'm not "hoping" for anything buddy. I'm just saying, it's stupid to say he is going to suck because of the "history". Try using real stats and scouting reports to back up your opinions next time instead of going the weak route and saying "history dictates it". Grow up noob.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2013
    Posts:
    83
    vCash:
    1419
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe-Jarmer View Post
    when did i say he was going to be a stud? please point that out to me. i'm not "hoping" for anything buddy. I'm just saying, it's stupid to say he is going to suck because of the "history". Try using real stats and scouting reports to back up your opinions next time instead of going the weak route and saying "history dictates it". Grow up noob.
    Last time I saw all those 4 names got paid because of their stats and ended up being busts.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Lets get those balls deep!!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    2,222
    vCash:
    5186
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    You may think is not logical but history backs me up. Hope is the only thing that backs you up and wishing he will be a stud doesn't sound logical to me. So for now I am more likely to be right than your hopes and wishes. Have a goodnight buddy
    That was pretty lame. History doesnt mean much. I hate it when people try to say that some player is going to perform this way or that way based on what some other people did before them. Just because some other players that played with Lexis were busts doesnt mean Ellerbe will be one. A lot of FA signings are also done with little thought as to the outcome. So many players are picked up in FA and thrown into terrible situations/ new schemes that dont fit their playing style. Personally I have faith that they know what they are doing. Seems to me Ireland is actually pretty good, he just had to get rid of Parcells mess first. just MHO.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2013
    Posts:
    83
    vCash:
    1419
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maralieus View Post
    That was pretty lame. History doesnt mean much. I hate it when people try to say that some player is going to perform this way or that way based on what some other people did before them. Just because some other players that played with Lexis were busts doesnt mean Ellerbe will be one. A lot of FA signings are also done with little thought as to the outcome. So many players are picked up in FA and thrown into terrible situations/ new schemes that dont fit their playing style. Personally I have faith that they know what they are doing. Seems to me Ireland is actually pretty good, he just had to get rid of Parcells mess first. just MHO.
    Hey! I am not knocking you for disagreeing with me at all. I understand your point too, something else i'm going to add to that is most players after they get paid they just slack off and aren't really hungry anymore. One thing you got to understand on my point of view that's all we can go by now and to start calling Ireland a genius or anything more. It is not safe to say that as of right now and we shouldn't be forgive Ireland just yet about all the F ups he's done in the past. Trust me I want Ellerbe to pan out and be a pro bowl player but he has to prove it. Thanks though for not being a little kid like most in this board
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    kloud_9's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    772
    vCash:
    1147
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Madden curse=ray Lewis curse. Break the trend like Calvin Johnson Ellerbe will
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    fishbanger's Avatar
    Phin fan since 1970!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,613
    vCash:
    2674
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Ellerbe was Ravens Defensive MVP for the whole title run including SB. Plus he kicked A__ against the patriots and their TEs. What do you think our previous LBs did against NE? They got trashed.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2011
    Posts:
    138
    vCash:
    1485
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He played while ray Lewis was hurt. So how did he make him better?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Ellerbe Jersey #
    By RandomPilar in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 08:29 PM
  2. The Ellerbe is a bust thread got moved?
    By Swantoon in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 03:35 PM
  3. ellerbe gets 5yr/35 mil
    By shahrn in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 10:04 PM
  4. Bust, Bust, Hit: Third Season's a Charm?
    By MiamiSportsGen in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 09:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •