Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ellerbe most likely a bust

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Ellerbe most likely a bust

I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    so because those other Lb'ers played with Ray Lewis and underachieved that means he will too??
    sound logic.....
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Madden curse=ray Lewis curse. Break the trend like Calvin Johnson Ellerbe will
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe-Jarmer View Post
    so because those other Lb'ers played with Ray Lewis and underachieved that means he will too??
    sound logic.....
    You may think is not logical but history backs me up. Hope is the only thing that backs you up and wishing he will be a stud doesn't sound logical to me. So for now I am more likely to be right than your hopes and wishes. Have a goodnight buddy
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Ellerbe was Ravens Defensive MVP for the whole title run including SB. Plus he kicked A__ against the patriots and their TEs. What do you think our previous LBs did against NE? They got trashed.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He played while ray Lewis was hurt. So how did he make him better?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    You may think is not logical but history backs me up. Hope is the only thing that backs you up and wishing he will be a stud doesn't sound logical to me. So for now I am more likely to be right than your hopes and wishes. Have a goodnight buddy
    when did i say he was going to be a stud? please point that out to me. i'm not "hoping" for anything buddy. I'm just saying, it's stupid to say he is going to suck because of the "history". Try using real stats and scouting reports to back up your opinions next time instead of going the weak route and saying "history dictates it". Grow up noob.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NF, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ellerbe most likely a bust

The difference is ray lewis was in his prime making those guys look better then they are. Eberlle played with a ray lewis that lost a step and started in rays spot when he went out with a injury. Can he be a bust sure. However to immediately call him a bust cuz he came from the ravens is just foolish
    Taylor got the final word. As he walked past the Jets' locker room after the game, he yelled, "It's like a damn graveyard here. ... Talk about that for two weeks" - a reference to the Jets' bye
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LVfinfan19 View Post
    He played while ray Lewis was hurt. So how did he make him better?
    Thats what I was wondering

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys can knock me all you want. I just don't want you guys being blinded for what Ireland is doing. Yea you may say he was the Defensive MVP for the playoffs but where was he all season? O.o Ray Lewis comes back from his injury and all of a sudden this guy named Ellerbe shows up. I'm just saying don't get all hyped up now and when the season begins Ellerbe isn't the player you guys thought he was.
    Quote Quote