Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ellerbe most likely a bust

1. -11
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    You guys can knock me all you want. I just don't want you guys being blinded for what Ireland is doing. Yea you may say he was the Defensive MVP for the playoffs but where was he all season? O.o Ray Lewis comes back from his injury and all of a sudden this guy named Ellerbe shows up. I'm just saying don't get all hyped up now and when the season begins Ellerbe isn't the player you guys thought he was.
    SO SAYETH GURU DADECOUNTY! ALL HAIL GURE DADE!
    gimme a break..
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe-Jarmer View Post
    when did i say he was going to be a stud? please point that out to me. i'm not "hoping" for anything buddy. I'm just saying, it's stupid to say he is going to suck because of the "history". Try using real stats and scouting reports to back up your opinions next time instead of going the weak route and saying "history dictates it". Grow up noob.
    Last time I saw all those 4 names got paid because of their stats and ended up being busts.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys can knock me all you want. I just don't want you guys being blinded for what Ireland is doing. Yea you may say he was the Defensive MVP for the playoffs but where was he all season? O.o Ray Lewis comes back from his injury and all of a sudden this guy named Ellerbe shows up. I'm just saying don't get all hyped up now and when the season begins Ellerbe isn't the player you guys thought he was.
    pretty sure it was his play when Lewis was out that made him a hot commodity. Not only did teams like the Dolphins and Bills want him, the Ravens wanted to keep him
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    This thread is already a bust.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    pretty sure it was his play when Lewis was out that made him a hot commodity. Not only did teams like the Dolphins and Bills want him, the Ravens wanted to keep him
    Fair enough but now he has the pressure to be a stud because of his play in the playoff and the $$$ wouldn't you say? I mean you don't let Dansby or Burnett walk to have an average LB
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    New Mexico Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    I disagree and so did Baltimore right before FA opened up. Baltimore was just priced out of the market. Read the story below and it becomes more clear

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...g-ravens-offer

This story below was 4 days before FA opened

By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer , NFL.COM
    Published: March 8, 2013 at 11:51 a.m

Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun reported Friday the Ravens remain in talks with Ellerbe's camp and are expected to make the linebacker a significant offer before Tuesday's deadline. Wilson noted that Ellerbe -- not pass rusher Paul Kruger -- is Baltimore's No. 1 priority, but re-signing him could be a chore. The Ravens stand to be priced out of the market when Ellerbe's agent begins fielding calls at midnight on Friday, when agreements can be made in principle. We have no real idea how frenzied this three-day negotiating period will be -- it's fair to expect madness.
    Last edited by catch22; 03-15-2013 at 02:27 AM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You may think is not logical but history backs me up. Hope is the only thing that backs you up and wishing he will be a stud doesn't sound logical to me. So for now I am more likely to be right than your hopes and wishes. Have a goodnight buddy
    That was pretty lame. History doesnt mean much. I hate it when people try to say that some player is going to perform this way or that way based on what some other people did before them. Just because some other players that played with Lexis were busts doesnt mean Ellerbe will be one. A lot of FA signings are also done with little thought as to the outcome. So many players are picked up in FA and thrown into terrible situations/ new schemes that dont fit their playing style. Personally I have faith that they know what they are doing. Seems to me Ireland is actually pretty good, he just had to get rid of Parcells mess first. just MHO.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    pretty sure Ellerbe out played Lewis and everyone else on Ravens D this year in regular season and playoffs....
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This guy is obviously trolling....seriously why waste your time responding to his ridiculous statements. IF he was such a huge Baltimore fan, he would know more about Ellerbe than he does.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    I guess you didn't watch the Superbowl when he led the Ravens in tackles??? Or how he was probably the best player on defense while Ray was out??
    Quote Quote