Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: Ellerbe most likely a bust

  1. -11
    Foe-Jarmer's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    21
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    You guys can knock me all you want. I just don't want you guys being blinded for what Ireland is doing. Yea you may say he was the Defensive MVP for the playoffs but where was he all season? O.o Ray Lewis comes back from his injury and all of a sudden this guy named Ellerbe shows up. I'm just saying don't get all hyped up now and when the season begins Ellerbe isn't the player you guys thought he was.
    SO SAYETH GURU DADECOUNTY! ALL HAIL GURE DADE!
    gimme a break..
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2013
    Posts:
    85
    vCash:
    1461
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe-Jarmer View Post
    when did i say he was going to be a stud? please point that out to me. i'm not "hoping" for anything buddy. I'm just saying, it's stupid to say he is going to suck because of the "history". Try using real stats and scouting reports to back up your opinions next time instead of going the weak route and saying "history dictates it". Grow up noob.
    Last time I saw all those 4 names got paid because of their stats and ended up being busts.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    rent this space's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,434
    vCash:
    9661
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    You guys can knock me all you want. I just don't want you guys being blinded for what Ireland is doing. Yea you may say he was the Defensive MVP for the playoffs but where was he all season? O.o Ray Lewis comes back from his injury and all of a sudden this guy named Ellerbe shows up. I'm just saying don't get all hyped up now and when the season begins Ellerbe isn't the player you guys thought he was.
    pretty sure it was his play when Lewis was out that made him a hot commodity. Not only did teams like the Dolphins and Bills want him, the Ravens wanted to keep him
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    CalDolFan1014's Avatar
    BELIEVE

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    13,621
    vCash:
    50811
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    This thread is already a bust.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2013
    Posts:
    85
    vCash:
    1461
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    pretty sure it was his play when Lewis was out that made him a hot commodity. Not only did teams like the Dolphins and Bills want him, the Ravens wanted to keep him
    Fair enough but now he has the pressure to be a stud because of his play in the playoff and the $$$ wouldn't you say? I mean you don't let Dansby or Burnett walk to have an average LB
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    catch22's Avatar
    New Mexico Fin Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    770
    vCash:
    3372
    Loc:
    New Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    I disagree and so did Baltimore right before FA opened up. Baltimore was just priced out of the market. Read the story below and it becomes more clear

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...g-ravens-offer

    This story below was 4 days before FA opened

    By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer , NFL.COM
    Published: March 8, 2013 at 11:51 a.m

    Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun reported Friday the Ravens remain in talks with Ellerbe's camp and are expected to make the linebacker a significant offer before Tuesday's deadline. Wilson noted that Ellerbe -- not pass rusher Paul Kruger -- is Baltimore's No. 1 priority, but re-signing him could be a chore. The Ravens stand to be priced out of the market when Ellerbe's agent begins fielding calls at midnight on Friday, when agreements can be made in principle. We have no real idea how frenzied this three-day negotiating period will be -- it's fair to expect madness.
    Last edited by catch22; 03-15-2013 at 02:27 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Lets get those balls deep!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    2,399
    vCash:
    6486
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    You may think is not logical but history backs me up. Hope is the only thing that backs you up and wishing he will be a stud doesn't sound logical to me. So for now I am more likely to be right than your hopes and wishes. Have a goodnight buddy
    That was pretty lame. History doesnt mean much. I hate it when people try to say that some player is going to perform this way or that way based on what some other people did before them. Just because some other players that played with Lexis were busts doesnt mean Ellerbe will be one. A lot of FA signings are also done with little thought as to the outcome. So many players are picked up in FA and thrown into terrible situations/ new schemes that dont fit their playing style. Personally I have faith that they know what they are doing. Seems to me Ireland is actually pretty good, he just had to get rid of Parcells mess first. just MHO.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    fanfin's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2012
    Posts:
    1,808
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    pretty sure Ellerbe out played Lewis and everyone else on Ravens D this year in regular season and playoffs....
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Noodleman's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    699
    vCash:
    1060
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This guy is obviously trolling....seriously why waste your time responding to his ridiculous statements. IF he was such a huge Baltimore fan, he would know more about Ellerbe than he does.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    33,894
    vCash:
    12032
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    I guess you didn't watch the Superbowl when he led the Ravens in tackles??? Or how he was probably the best player on defense while Ray was out??
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Ellerbe Jersey #
    By RandomPilar in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 08:29 PM
  2. The Ellerbe is a bust thread got moved?
    By Swantoon in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 03:35 PM
  3. ellerbe gets 5yr/35 mil
    By shahrn in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 10:04 PM
  4. Bust, Bust, Hit: Third Season's a Charm?
    By MiamiSportsGen in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 09:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •