Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ellerbe most likely a bust

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maralieus View Post
    That was pretty lame. History doesnt mean much. I hate it when people try to say that some player is going to perform this way or that way based on what some other people did before them. Just because some other players that played with Lexis were busts doesnt mean Ellerbe will be one. A lot of FA signings are also done with little thought as to the outcome. So many players are picked up in FA and thrown into terrible situations/ new schemes that dont fit their playing style. Personally I have faith that they know what they are doing. Seems to me Ireland is actually pretty good, he just had to get rid of Parcells mess first. just MHO.
    Hey! I am not knocking you for disagreeing with me at all. I understand your point too, something else i'm going to add to that is most players after they get paid they just slack off and aren't really hungry anymore. One thing you got to understand on my point of view that's all we can go by now and to start calling Ireland a genius or anything more. It is not safe to say that as of right now and we shouldn't be forgive Ireland just yet about all the F ups he's done in the past. Trust me I want Ellerbe to pan out and be a pro bowl player but he has to prove it. Thanks though for not being a little kid like most in this board
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I guess you didn't watch the Superbowl when he led the Ravens in tackles??? Or how he was probably the best player on defense while Ray was out??
    Do you know how hard it is for Ellerbe or anyone else to lead the Ravens in tackles????? Ray Lewis set a super bowl record with 11 JOPs!!!!!! (jump on piles)
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Me thinks this may be a reincarnated trollname name of Dadecounty3051* who was Waterlogged last year.

Last Activity
    03-14-2013 01:37 PM
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ellerbe most likely a bust

The only question I have is: Is he better that Dansby was this past season?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cdz12250 View Post
    The only question I have is: Is he better that Dansby was this past season?
    I would think so.. Big Paul and Randy did a whole lot for Dansby..
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I guess you didn't watch the Superbowl when he led the Ravens in tackles??? Or how he was probably the best player on defense while Ray was out??
    Michae Bolley was the leading tackler in the previous superbowl. people act like Dansby was crap this year and that was far from case. he actually played pretty well. I dont mind replacing Dansby with a better player , Im just not convinced Ellerbee is a better player

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    I would think so.. Big Paul and Randy did a whole lot for Dansby..
    So Ngata doesnt impact thier linebacker play
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Michae Bolley was the leading tackler in the previous superbowl. people act like Dansby was crap this year and that was far from case. he actually played pretty well. I dont mind replacing Dansby with a better player , Im just not convinced Ellerbee is a better player

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

So Ngata doesnt impact thier linebacker play
    Yea Karlos did pretty well tackling but thats about it. We basically replaced Dansby with a younger player with the same production. People just don't understand how Ray Lewis makes everybody around him better. I am predicting now the Khruger, Bellerbe and Suggs will not have the same type of years that they had while playing with Lewis.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    Yea Karlos did pretty well tackling but thats about it. We basically replaced Dansby with a younger player with the same production. People just don't understand how Ray Lewis makes everybody around him better. I am predicting now the Khruger, Bellerbe and Suggs will not have the same type of years that they had while playing with Lewis.
    Again, you keep bringing up this Ray Lewis thing. Ellerbe played most of the season WITHOUT Ray Lewis, so it was Ellerbe who made Ellerbe better, period. And while Lewis is one of the greatest to ever play the game, he was a shell of his former self, and was more of an emotional lift to the team in the playoffs. Ellerbe was one of the brightest stars from the Ravens last season, and HIS play was why he was the Ravens top priority.
    "I am NOT:
    1. having or showing a merry, lively mood | 2. bright or showy | 3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures"
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The truth is that we are lucky to get a linebacker of his skill in his prime, immediately after winning a Super Bowl. We are lucky that Baltimore was in a salary cap mess and couldn't afford to keep him. This guy was trained to be Ray Lewis' replacement.
    I have always been a Karlos Dansby fan. He has been a good player but is getting older and slower. Ellerbe is clearly viewed by Ireland and Philbin as an upgrade.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Ellerbe most likely a bust

Quote Originally Posted by Foe-Jarmer View Post
    when did i say he was going to be a stud? please point that out to me. i'm not "hoping" for anything buddy. I'm just saying, it's stupid to say he is going to suck because of the "history". Try using real stats and scouting reports to back up your opinions next time instead of going the weak route and saying "history dictates it". Grow up noob.
    Hey, hey, easy on the Buddy crap. I am the only Buddy that causes problems around here.
    Quote Quote