Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ellerbe most likely a bust

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    He may end up being a bust, I'd be more concerned w/ him barely starting and making this money based off a few really good games in postseason than about comparing him to past Bal LBs and Bart Scott was a great signing for us, he was excellent his first 2 years and only had one bad year for us while helping us to the doorstep of the SB twice.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dade, I guess the cup is always half empty, right? If you're a Dolphin fan why start this downer thread. Ellerby will be great imo. Newsome was trying hard to keep him but Ireland picked his pocket. Time will tell but I sure hope you're wrong.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Spartanburg, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess this means that since all of our previous quarterbacks sucked, RT doesn't have a prayer. Dammit, I was all excited about him, too!
    Or Check out My Wallpapers Thread
    http://www.finheaven.com/show...e-Good-Ol-Days...
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Never Fails around this Camp!!! Some of our own 'Fin Brethren make it difficult to have hope,only to get it sapped out of you.We either get chastised for sitting on our hands and doing nothing(FA/Draft)...Or get crucified for the players we do acquire. Just..."UNBELIEVABLE"!!!!! I'm not 'goin anywhere. I like what we've done,and think we'll kill it at the draft. Thanks to all my Brothers that aren't Party Poopers. Nobody knows. It's gotta play itself out. I think Ellerbe and Wheeler will be Animals....and Wallace will be Golden.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Another POV

His contract terms don't seem too crazy to me. Let's see what he can do - if he doesn't perform, we can cut him. It's not like Dansby was lighting up the world. Our turnover ratio was horrible last year.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    No such thing as second favorite team. It is either all or nothing.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope not..but ray lewis has given alot of players and coaches jobs. His passion and him being in there face has made joe flacco a star..i wonder how those guys do now without him..even ed reed who was a very good safety at the u ..with ray ray in his face pushing him ...he made him a certain future hall of famer..
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He may end up being a bust, I'd be more concerned w/ him barely starting and making this money based off a few really good games in postseason than about comparing him to past Bal LBs and Bart Scott was a great signing for us, he was excellent his first 2 years and only had one bad year for us while helping us to the doorstep of the SB twice.
    This would be as concerned by guaranteeing a QB who was merely lowest-third for 2 years and downright bottom-feeding putrid for the most recent one before extending him for something like $17MM? That wouldn't have concerned you paying more than $500thousand per turnover to that point, eh?

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Street Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm also a closet Ravens fan from the Baltimore area. I love the Ellerbe signing. He's fast and young. Sure we may have overpaid, but to get a good FA you want these days, that's what you do. Ellerbe will be fine.

Go Phins
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    This would be as concerned by guaranteeing a QB who was merely lowest-third for 2 years and downright bottom-feeding putrid for the most recent one before extending him for something like $17MM? That wouldn't have concerned you paying more than $500thousand per turnover to that point, eh?

can you ever stay on topic? i would think someone like you would hate the Ellerbe signing b/c of whatt he original poster mentioned but being hypocritical as always you love it I'm sure.
    Quote Quote