Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ellerbe most likely a bust

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is always a bright and shiny toy and the board is always aglow with free agent praise. Not long ago we were genius for signing Karlos Dansby and Kevin burnett.
    seems like the only major free agent signing that has worked out in the irleand era is randy starks in retrospect. not counting cam wake since it was kind of an under the radar move for a lesser known player.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadecounty View Post
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.
    This point may have made sense a few years ago, but lets be honest last season Ray Lewis was half the player he was back then. Everyone could see it was simply his intangibles that were effective last season rather than his tangibles. Lost count the number of times Lewis was picked on in pass coverage during the post season. Whilst teams were much most hesitant in throwing in Ellerbe's direction.

As most have already mentioned Ellerbe was the bright star in a frankly ageing Ravens D, which was running on Lewis's final dance momentum. If it wasn't for Ellerbe on the field Lewis would have been made to look very ordinary last season. Plus, as soon as they won the Superbowl, the Ravens front office were making noise about locking up Ellerbe first, which is saying something considering the amount of other star players who's contract was up.

All in all I would be very, very surprised if Ellerbe ends up being a bust in Miami & he's certainly more proven than picking up a Channing Crowder in the lottery which is the draft.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    24 posts. nice. who are you?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thumbs down for having the ravens as your 2nd favorite team.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was thinking to myself why did we just sign Ellerbe to so much money. The Ravens have been my 2nd favorite team ever since I can remember growing up in D.C. and I am totally in shock that why would Ireland pay him that much money. I remember correctly that Ray Lewis has made others around him better and have gotten other linebackers paid but they ended up being busts for other teams. So I went on to google and searched for all the linebackers that played with Ray Lewis and have gotten paid. Here are some names: Adelius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson and Edgerton Hartwell. Though we have been active in free agency we really haven't made any big moves. In fact I think our defense got downgraded at linebacker and we are in for a great disappointment on D.

Maybe you could get a job as GM for the Pat's. LOL
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dansby, is that you?
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    There is always a bright and shiny toy and the board is always aglow with free agent praise. Not long ago we were genius for signing Karlos Dansby and Kevin burnett.
    seems like the only major free agent signing that has worked out in the irleand era is randy starks in retrospect. not counting cam wake since it was kind of an under the radar move for a lesser known player.
    You should rephrase that statement and say the only free agent signings still on the team. Dansby, Burnette, Marshall, Bush, Incognitto, Gardner, McDaniel and Fasano are all players who have been major contributors to the Dolphins in their careers. We are in full change out mode current retooling the entire roster for a different offense and defense and that is not Ireland's fault. Parcells hired Sporano and Ross and maybe Ireland hired Philbin. What gets lost in all this Ireland hate is that the coaches dictate what they want on the menu not the other way around. I do not claim to be a draft nik but linebacker was lining up to be a major need soon so I applaud them for having the foresight to addressing the issue a year early or so now we may not have the right players but the more I read the posts the more I am convinced we picked up 2 younger guys that have shown lots of promise last year and more of my question is how durable with they be. Replacing Burnette and Dansby will not be that easy and if these can do it then we made a stud move.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's the beauty, he played MLB while Ray was hurt then played outside when Ray got back. He can play both!
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    another worthless, pointless thread.

More bandwidth wasted.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are in attack mode people. Gonna attack Brady. and trust me, without Welker, it gets a whole lot easier. Abendola is a nice pickup, but the learning curve is so out of reach vs. Welker.
    Quote Quote